IronMike9000

IronMike9000

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
I am retiring from online poker, as nice as the wins has been, all the stress from the bad beats, especially just now has sucked out all the fun in this game for me. I can't see myself playing any poker again in the foreseeable future, as I am going to self exclude from ALL site that I've signed up on during my gambling addiction phase. I don't know if I will ever come back to this site again, but I like to thank all for the interactions and advice which helped me better my game along the way.

If you wanna see the recent bad beat: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/bad-beats-and-vents-71/i-give-up-ggpoker-bounty-hunters-522038/

Goodbye
See you in a couple weeks ;)

werty328

werty328

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I am retiring from online poker, as nice as the wins has been, all the stress from the bad beats, especially just now has sucked out all the fun in this game for me. I can't see myself playing any poker again in the foreseeable future, as I am going to self exclude from ALL site that I've signed up on during my gambling addiction phase. I don't know if I will ever come back to this site again, but I like to thank all for the interactions and advice which helped me better my game along the way.

If you wanna see the recent bad beat: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/bad-beats-and-vents-71/i-give-up-ggpoker-bounty-hunters-522038/

Goodbye
Is this some sort of April 1st joke?

Murasaki

Murasaki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Is this some sort of April 1st joke?
No, I have actually permanently self-excluded from GGPoker from today, especially after I didn't get my deposit bonus which was said to be added to my account 36 hours after making a deposit. I'm closing my partypoker account in a few days time after I get the money I earned from cashback and blowing it on blackjack as it's only a few bucks.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't know how long his passage through poker lasted. But from your speech you did not understand the essence of the game. Poker is not a game of chance but a game of strategy, where you must make the best move to beat your opponent. I'm sorry for your frustrations and I hope you find a hobby that gives you moments of joy and distraction.
Hello brother.
Just make a humble clarification.
Your thought is quite logical, but it is not entirely true.
Poker is not just a game of chance, as you say it is a game of strategies, skills, mathematical possibilities, etc.
But chance is a very influential part of the game.
That is the big problem that our friend from the post has.
Badbeats are a big part of the game's chance.
You can tilt a hand with great skill, but the showdown is the king.
If you have the nuts on the flop, it's the perfect master play. But if it is not like that, you depend on how the play flows so that you on the turn or on the river can have the possibility of winning.
If you think that only the game depends on, let's say, logic without counting chance, you can find yourself, as has happened to many players, with a giant series of badbeats with a lot of bad luck, which makes you seriously think about stopping playing.
I always focus on the phrase of my compatriot Maria Lampopulos, one of the best players I have ever seen, who says "If you want to succeed in poker, you must understand that there is a possibility of failure"
My regards, brother:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Slow Horse

Slow Horse

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
bad beats beat us up, that sucks! I'm sorry that your retirement was that way...

I think one day I will retire too, but really wish that happens because something else that been bad beated up.

Good luck on your choices!

Sicamous

Sicamous

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I think I played at a FT with you one time during a CardsChat tourney. Sorry to see you want to leave over those types of hands.

To me, they seem pretty normal "that's poker" kinda hands. 🤷‍♀️
If you feel you have an addiction tho, maybe it is for the best.

One thing I've noticed on PartyPoker and I don't like saying this out loud but it seems there are more 4 to a flush cards on the board there than anywhere else I've played. Losing to some donk playing against my pocket KK with Q2o and getting a flush with their 2 while I have no flush card is seriously annoying.

But to quit over it? No way!

I don't consider myself addicted tho. That might be the difference.

knutwuchtig

knutwuchtig

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
i took a break for one year, good luck for you, wish you all the best for next.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everyone gets bad beats. im sure you have won also getting lucky, so it all works out,

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just hope you're happy with your decision too and that you don't regret it. If the urge to play is too high, you'll end up back at the poker table sooner or later. Or even worse in other gambling games.

If it should still happen, I definitely recommend the CardsChat freerolls or as a Platinum member. This minimizes your loss and allows you to concentrate much more on developing your game and learning from your mistakes.

There comes a point at some point where you don't necessarily make a consistent profit, but you realize how poker really works. And from this point on, you can decide for yourself whether you want to continue playing for fun or continue playing profitably and professionally.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
No, I have actually permanently self-excluded from GGPoker from today, especially after I didn't get my deposit bonus which was said to be added to my account 36 hours after making a deposit. I'm closing my PartyPoker account in a few days time after I get the money I earned from cashback and blowing it on blackjack as it's only a few bucks.
You don't get a deposit bonus after some hours but you need to work for it..
Only a portion of it is released after some progress. You need to read mate :)
Screenshot 2023 04 02 15 07 14 646 comnsuspokerprodggpcom edit

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Goodbye
Posted on the 1st of April ;)

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

Goodbye
I'm 68 years old, I've been playing since I was 13 or 15 years old, every time I've had a defeat, however absurd it may be, had I left, today I wouldn't be here to comment, anyway, let's go to a few more tournaments, and live the bad beats of tournaments , live and let it flow, it's part of Poker

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips

Goodbye
Dude don't leave, we will miss you and people like you!:ROFLMAO:

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Goodbye
Sadly.
I wish you luck.
Maybe you will manage to find a suitable hobby for yourself, or maybe someday you will come back to us again.
Good luck :)

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These self bans are unnecessary and later u will regret it, cry about it and ask where to play.

Take a break from the game and refresh ur mind. Getting it in with AA against 77 and losing is not a special deal in poker. It does not matter if the ace flops. U got it on pre and u both paid for 5 cards at this time. U will win this roughly around 4 out of 5 times.

See ya at the tables Images5

Last edited:
hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Any addiction has to be stopped by mental health. If the game is hurting you, you should stop. There may be a lot of us here that maybe we have some kind of gambling addiction and that we don't know it, or maybe we don't want to know. Or accept... Or that maybe we know and accept it and we don't want to do anything or we just can't. However, mental health. It also lies in the fact that we know how to accept not only our addictive condition or not with poker. If not, also accept the game of poker as it is. Bad beats don't exist for me. It's just when the coin falls on the other side that doesn't favor me. It affects me only mentally at the moment because I want to win. But that's all, and immediately after that, I just keep trying to be in the spots where I have the best chance of winning. And I enjoy that a lot as a whole. Both when I'm doing well and so much when I'm doing poorly.
I wish you the best friend. I hope you find a way that will help you enjoy poker without it being an addiction and where you can learn to enjoy even bad beats. 🤘

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hello brother.
Well as for how Pretty Girl says, if you don't enjoy the game, if you have an addiction, etc. Better retire and have a good life.
Now, I also read what my brothers Andyreas and GO930 say, how??? 11 hours ago you had 2 final tables and today you quit online poker???
Well, I'll tell you what I think, which doesn't mean that I'm right, but I always try to speak with the wisdom that God gives me.
1° you have to understand that poker is not chess. In chess luck does not exist and in poker it does.
In poker you play badly and you can win, although it is true that most of the time you play badly you lose. On the other hand, in chess you play badly and you lose.
2° You have to understand that a badbeat is neither more nor less than the bad luck you had in a showdown. Tell me the truth.....
How many times do you call all in with AJ and your opponent had AK and you hit the J at showdown???
How many times did you go with a J10s and your rival with AA or KK, and you hit a flush or a straight at showdown????
I think your problem is that you must understand that in poker many times, not always, the best combination you have doesn't win. The lucky one at the showdown wins.
Of course, the mathematical odds of an AA against other combinations is very high to win, but it is not insurmountable.
3° Most of the experienced poker players know perfectly well that luck exists, and when I say experienced I am not referring only to the PROs, but to many of us who play here at CC who have more than 30 years of experience playing this game.
If you don't understand that, I recommend that you don't play anymore, it's the best.

I'll tell you something, in my youth I was quite addicted to slot machines. If you ask me if I was lucky??? Many times yes, thank God, because I attribute all my achievements to God, and many times I had no luck.
But when I discovered poker my addiction to slot machines ended.
Will you ask me why??? Simple, because poker is a game of skill, strategy, mathematical possibilities, and also luck.

When I enter an MTT I have a goal.
1° the payment for the entrance is lost. It does not mean that I enter to lose, but that there is either the possibility of losing, or the possibility of winning.
2° If I play a hand I play it because I know I can win it, and if I lose it bad luck. If I went all-in with my stack and got left out, there would be
another MTT and if my stack exceeds that of the rival, I will have to overcome the MTT. It's plain and simple.
3° You never give up before a badbeat or several badbeats. Remember that in life we have thousands of badbeats and we must overcome them. Perhaps you are too young and this you must understand.

Finally, I will show you a real badbeat that I played not more than 5 months ago in an MTT that was going very well. And then if you can answer me to see if your badbeats were worse than this one.
Despite this, I'm still playing and happy 2 days ago to enter 2 final tables of the CC MTT, happy to be with friends in them.

Greetings brother, do not lose your calm. Don't give up on your goals. Keep in mind, many times poker is like life itself.
I hope my reflection helps you.:):):):):):)
Hey man from argentina,

i carefully read your message and it was an awesome example for a bad beat and for ups&downs in poker - in my opinion a perfect lesson ;-)
i´m not sure if i lost in my poker career with a four of a kind but since i played more omaha games i know that mathematical possibilities can hit you very hard ;-).
I loved the point you were telling how often people win with A-J against A-K or something like that. 2 weeks ago i kicked out 2 villains with A-J and they were holding A-Ks an AA.
Have a nice day!
Greets Balou

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
A stable mental state can help you reach the top in poker, there is no doubt about it. The reluctance to play can be due to various factors. If I don't want to do something (in this case, ride), I won't do it. I will only do this if it makes sense to me, if I think it is appropriate.Psychology in poker plays no less a role than knowledge of strategy, mathematics or theory. Problems with tilt, negative emotions, discipline or motivation affect all players to one degree or another.Remember the most important rule: poker is serious work, not entertainment. Yes, this is a boring approach, but it will help you to remove unnecessary emotions from the gameplay.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hey man from Argentina,

i carefully read your message and it was an awesome example for a bad beat and for ups&downs in poker - in my opinion a perfect lesson ;-)
i´m not sure if i lost in my poker career with a four of a kind but since i played more omaha games i know that mathematical possibilities can hit you very hard ;-).
I loved the point you were telling how often people win with A-J against A-K or something like that. 2 weeks ago i kicked out 2 villains with A-J and they were holding A-Ks an AA.
Have a nice day!
Greets Balou
Hello Austrian brother!!!;);););)

First of all my name is Carlos, although many know me by my nick Jonas who is my beloved dog hahahaha.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thank you very much for the compliments.
Look brother, when I reflect on something I try to do it with the wisdom that God gives you and life itself, and poker is within this life.
First consider that our brother in question is a young player. This did not always happen to all of us when we were young, until we matured and changed our thinking about the game.
Me in the year 2005 or so, I was taking off as a semi-professional player.
At that time I was 36 years old, and I was really doing very well. With monthly charges that for this country in which I live, charging in Euros at that time was almost like being a millionaire hahahaha.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
What did not count at that time, that I was going to meet what is now my beloved wife Patricia, and that she had or still has, although today with a highly successful surgery 2 years ago, Parkinson's disease.
So that was my end until 2021 in poker, I had to prioritize his care and his health, to poker, which was my passion, and which also gave me good monthly dividends.
2021 after his surgery I returned, and entered Cardschats that today is like my family.
Why am I explaining this to you??? Because I could tell you that in poker I lived practically everything in my many years of playing.
That's why when I see these posts, nothing surprises me. On the contrary, I wisely try to make this boy see that what is happening to him is neither more nor less than what happened to all of us. As a friend of mine would say "Welcome to the club" hahahaha
If you are going to play because you had 2 badbeats, and you don't play anymore, forget, don't play anymore. Because you are going to have hundreds of badbeats in poker and in life, so get ready.
Today, for example, I am proud and I jump with satisfaction for a final table or for a good game in an MTT. And if I get eliminated from one, and well tomorrow there will be another.
It's like that brother, poker and life is much simpler than many think. You just have to live them and enjoy it nothing more.
A pleasure to share this with you brother Balou.
And big hugs to the beautiful land of the greatest Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The truth is that lately PS has been eliminating us too badly from the tournaments with rewards and you don't know what to play anymore, I believe in those players who retire, each one has his limit of endurance... it's not the same poker as it was 5 years ago, poker sites are set on big profits in a short time

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Sto playing for some time , then after a while you will be sure if this decision is permanent or not . If you miss playing you will come back. Many players , if not all , had a bad beat streak . Some blame their skills , some blame the RNG , some others find other reasons . But I think in the end most of them do continue to play poker :)

Good luck with anything else you decide to do in your life .

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That is your perception (maybe it's how you feel?)... and where did I say ANYTHING about playing vs. them in a game of poker?

Man, you're really beginning to sound 'like' some kind of crazy person. Maybe you always have been but somehow I perceived the 'puzzling' jibberish to be just that.. jibberish. Now I believe I can see it goes well beyond that. Yup.. they're targetting YOU.... the puzzles for YOU! The pokersite wants to come after your 48cents.
You like to talk about perception as if there's any doubt at all that you are just a parasite on people's emotions in this community. What a joke.

Ncsaba1988

Ncsaba1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips

Goodbye

April 1 is passed hahhaha

subluchuk

subluchuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
sad to hear.Wish u all the luck u ll need in future