yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it's an honest decision.
I hope you cool off, coolly analyze the situation, and try to see where the error might be.
good luck in your life.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am retiring from online poker, as nice as the wins has been, all the stress from the bad beats, especially just now has sucked out all the fun in this game for me. I can't see myself playing any poker again in the foreseeable future, as I am going to self exclude from ALL site that I've signed up on during my gambling addiction phase. I don't know if I will ever come back to this site again, but I like to thank all for the interactions and advice which helped me better my game along the way.

If you wanna see the recent bad beat: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/bad-beats-and-vents-71/i-give-up-ggpoker-bounty-hunters-522038/

Goodbye
I'm sorry to hear your decision, everyone has worse times.
I hope you manage to get through the difficult period, I wish you the best! (y)

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just remember to review the rules around self-exclusion on the sites you're using, especially if it's a lifetime exclusion. I've heard stories of players self-excluding in similar situations on sites, only to find when they eventually want to rejoin they can't undo their own choice.

simon307

simon307

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
I've also experienced this recently, so I'm only playing freerolls for now. I think that live poker is much more relaxed than online poker, so if you ever feel like it again, give it a try.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just remember to review the rules around self-exclusion on the sites you're using, especially if it's a lifetime exclusion. I've heard stories of players self-excluding in similar situations on sites, only to find when they eventually want to rejoin they can't undo their own choice.
Yeah if you choose lifetime self exclusion, then it is exactly that and cannot be undone. Most sites also offer other options. On pokerstars you can choose a period between 24 hours and 180 days, and then you can evaluate the situation after that.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I swore off online poker a few days ago, then woke up next morning and came back refreshed, all fired up and ready to win. This happens almost every week. I can remember those bad beats so vividly but really have to work to recall several bad beats I delivered on the same day - funny thing memory lol.

Balou1982

Balou1982

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hello Austrian brother!!!;);););)

First of all my name is Carlos, although many know me by my nick Jonas who is my beloved dog hahahaha.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Thank you very much for the compliments.
Look brother, when I reflect on something I try to do it with the wisdom that God gives you and life itself, and poker is within this life.
First consider that our brother in question is a young player. This did not always happen to all of us when we were young, until we matured and changed our thinking about the game.
Me in the year 2005 or so, I was taking off as a semi-professional player.
At that time I was 36 years old, and I was really doing very well. With monthly charges that for this country in which I live, charging in Euros at that time was almost like being a millionaire hahahaha.:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
What did not count at that time, that I was going to meet what is now my beloved wife Patricia, and that she had or still has, although today with a highly successful surgery 2 years ago, Parkinson's disease.
So that was my end until 2021 in poker, I had to prioritize his care and his health, to poker, which was my passion, and which also gave me good monthly dividends.
2021 after his surgery I returned, and entered Cardschats that today is like my family.
Why am I explaining this to you??? Because I could tell you that in poker I lived practically everything in my many years of playing.
That's why when I see these posts, nothing surprises me. On the contrary, I wisely try to make this boy see that what is happening to him is neither more nor less than what happened to all of us. As a friend of mine would say "Welcome to the club" hahahaha
If you are going to play because you had 2 badbeats, and you don't play anymore, forget, don't play anymore. Because you are going to have hundreds of badbeats in poker and in life, so get ready.
Today, for example, I am proud and I jump with satisfaction for a final table or for a good game in an MTT. And if I get eliminated from one, and well tomorrow there will be another.
It's like that brother, poker and life is much simpler than many think. You just have to live them and enjoy it nothing more.
A pleasure to share this with you brother Balou.
And big hugs to the beautiful land of the greatest Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:
Hi Carlos,
Today seen ya message - nice input from you 👍👍👍!
All people from argentina must be happy for years since the won world cup in Qatar 😁! A great team effort not messi the little tax thief 😜 was the hero! Would be funny to tackle him in a ugly way 😘 sorry don't like him.
In my opinion the key to victory was playing effective and dirty enough to destroy the plan of opponent!
You are Fan from river plate or boca?
Happy Easter 😉 and Greets from Mozart-fan

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no justice in poker, no need to blame poker, the player is already guilty of playing poker.So it's up to you to choose whether to play or not;)

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hi Carlos,
Today seen ya message - nice input from you 👍👍👍!
All people from Argentina must be happy for years since the won world cup in Qatar 😁! A great team effort not messi the little tax thief 😜 was the hero! Would be funny to tackle him in a ugly way 😘 sorry don't like him.
In my opinion the key to victory was playing effective and dirty enough to destroy the plan of opponent!
You are Fan from river plate or boca?
Happy Easter 😉 and Greets from Mozart-fan
Hello Balou brother how are you???
Well, look at the soccer thing, it's true, we celebrate a lot. But it is something passionate, I would be interested in the country uniting so that our beautiful country can move forward, not only for soccer.
The matter Messi person is delicate. He is a good boy and so is his family, it happens that they did not choose the people who handled his money well, and well, there was the big problem of taxes.
He is a very supportive person and helps a lot everywhere.
As for how the World Cup was won, for me it was because the group that was formed with Scaloni and Messi at the helm was excellent. It could be said today that it is a large group of friends who have fun playing.
As for Mozart since I was a kid I am an ultra fan. For me his masterpiece is the divertissement in D Major K 136, it's wonderful.
Hahahaha Between Boca and River I sympathize with Boca. But really my heart is in the great Estudiantes de la Plata. Winner of 4 Copa Libertadores and one Intercontinental in the 1968 final against Manchester United, neither more nor less.
You there in austria for whom do you support soccer???
Well brother we follow it later, the Cardschat Freeroll starts and I just came from work, I have to relax hahahaha
A big hug and Happy Easter:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also wanted to leave online poker but freerolls keeped me alive at the poker so I will still have poker training until I upgrade my poker skills so I can earn at least 100-200$ per month from freerolls.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are addicted to gambling, it will be difficult for you to quit playing poker. This requires a lot of willpower. Not everyone can do it. You need to find another activity that will make you forget about poker. I think we'll see you again.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I guess he never really 'liked' the game.
When I began playing poker online, I LOVED the game. Yes I cried when I lost and at times I thought it was REALLY UNFAIR. For a very short while I even entertained the thought of it being rigged. But no matter how much I cried about it, I never entertained the thought of quitting.