BentleyBoy

BentleyBoy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great article CardsChat Team.

I found this very interesting and hadn't really considered the impact on win rate of the increase in the number of tables.

It looks like the favoured option among most members is 4 to maybe 6 maximum tables open at once. I think this is reasonable and also is on the cusp of the equation that you provide.

I will give the equation a go and see how it affects me, but generally I dont play more than 6 tables, mainly due to screen size!

I like the observation of a number of members who say that sometimes they exceed their preferred table limit because of the number of freerolls that they are registered into at the same time. I can relate to that.

I totally agree though that if it is quality and attention that are required, then one table at a time may be good, but it seems two could be better!

Time to go calculating!

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You've seen the online beasts like ElKy and nanonoko multi-tabling 20+ tables on multiple screens; and then there are those like me, who can barely get by with two tables at once.

But just like everything in poker, there is a formula to determine not just if multi-tabling is right for you, but to help you decide just how many tables you should multi with to achieve max-profit. Of course you know CardsChat has the perfect guide to help you figure it all out:

Guide To Multi tabling In Poker

Let us know what you think! Will you use the formulas to expand on the number of games you play? Or will you stick with what's working for you?

Still not sure? Check out CardsChat Ambassador Jeff Gross as he talks about his view about multi-tabling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8GfDAzM0hs

Real question for this thread is why multitables?
Answer is one table is boring.
More tables-more action,
more tables-more chance for good cards,
more tables-a lot chance to win more tourney.
In my opinion there is no big diff between zoom and multi tabling.
Why stay on one table,watch same players,bad hand pff you must fold,watch other players action pfff Boring,it's not boring you learn about them,their strategy,they fear.
How you can learn something when you play 4+ table,you can't,you can just answer on ring when is your turn to play.
For me one table watch and learn,sometimes 2,but that is that.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Nice piece of info here , like many I perform better with no more than 4-6 tables.I had my best scores while single-tabling as well.

The most hectic factor when I multitable is the time banks! I always want to take my time for marginal spots based on my reads and previous plays.If I am not mistaken the turbo structured tournaments have less allotted decision time and less time bank , that makes me feel uncomfortable and sometimes that leads me to wrong plays.

Great video with the collaboration of Jeff Gross as well!

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I like to play multiple tournament at the same times.
I get bored when I play only one.
I'm bad at cash game so I don't play on more than 1 table.
The only time I will play in cash games on multi table is during some promotion when I need to be dealt a particular hand.

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s certainly easier to play premium hands when multi tabling- no playing rags out of boardome. 4 tables is the most i can pay attention to.

X

xx02pl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think some people just cant play many tables at the same time

jingler

jingler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play poker in a mobile App 1 single table, which deals with cash games, because I find it more efficient. If the game seems too slow to me, I can switch to Zoom and increase the speed.
When I play slow tournaments in parallel, I can add an extra Spin table. It often happens that my tournaments coincide in time and you have to play 3-4 tournaments at once, then I switch to my PC. But usually nothing good comes of it.

O

ozaloa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is important to focus on the players you are playing against and for that i would need to watch them playing even if i am not in the hand,but if i play on many tables then it would be just pushing the check,call,fold,bet buttons and skipping to the other tables.i dont believe that would bring any success.I would prefer playing at maximum 3 tables.Playing on 1 table and focusing on it to be successful is better than playing on many tables and not knowing how the others are playing and just rushing between the tables!

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm playing 12 tables with no stress...
Playing 9 tables + drawing things in AutoCAD or CorelDraw is my daily routine, feel myself bored if not watching some educational stuff together with this.

I used to play Starcraft in past, my highest rank ob BattleNet was 25th. Elky was in top 10, I played against him several times before he became famous and started to play in Korea.

In Starcraft we've used APM counters. APM = Action Per Minute.
In Starcraft you have to control many locations on the map and do micromanagement using mouse and keyboard, the same story as in multitabling poker
Good APM = 120+
Great APM = 180+
Best Starcraft player in the world - korean guy with nickname Slayers_Boxer had 320 APM.

APM also include missclicks, so if you click alot without sense - your APM also will be high, but what's the sense?

How to increase your APM and to get used to playing 6-9-12-16-20 tables?

Want to play 6 tables with no stress? Then spend a month and practice playing 10 tables, 10 tables is difficult, you'll have missclicks, missed actions and such. BUT if you'll keep practicing and spend 1 month playing minimum 10 tables, THEN you'll go down to desired 6 tablesyou will realise that it's really easy to play 6 tables after you've played 10.

Want to play 12 tables? Practice 20.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, I feel that more than 4 tables complicated. But who knows if train hard to improve.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer 3 tables at a time, but only if I am only playing poker at that time. However, I often do other stuff at the same time, like watching football or working (wrb development) so in that situation it is only one table for me :)

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A great Article I can hardly manage two tables but I'm sure I'm way better playing only one this is so true I think that maybe with more and more practice I can be really good playing two tables hehe... but I definetly love playing to improve my poker skills this is the best for me now

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my experience I can say that for a long time I chose the optimal number of tables. It took me more than one bankroll. The article does not have enough information to MTT, is considered only for players on cash. I am of the opinion that the fewer tables the more quality of the game, and therefore patience is the most important skill of the player.

oriole

oriole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play up to 10 tables and I will never do that again. I played too tight preflop and postflop I made decisions based on instinct, which is not great for improving your game.

I think it would be best if it wouldn't be allowed to play more than 4 tables. Multi-tablers slow down the action and there's also issue with bots.

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I can't disagree on any of the points in the article. Multi-tabling is indeed as essential as bank roll management if one wants to make a profit outta poker.
On the other hand, for some of us, rather mature people, it is a struggle...
Personally I cannot keep up with more than four tourney tables or two fast cash or four regular cash tables or any combination there of.
No poker carrer for me.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm still starting in poker, maybe playing at several tables at the same time, it's very risky for those who are coming.
The apredizado is good for who can play in several tables and for who is well advanced in the poker, in my case I prefer to have caution.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've tried to play like 12-16 tables at the same time and it didn't ended up great. The more tables there are the more your decisions becomes automatic and at some point I didn't had no idea what I were doing with some hands. At the other hand, playing 1-2 tables might become boring to play and some people might lose concentration on tables. So, the best thing is to find a comfortable balance between them.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can only play 3-4 tables at most. Any more than that and I feel like I'm just clicking buttons instead of paying attention to what's going on at each table. If playing cash I think its more important to find tables with weaker players than yourself. For MTTs, play as many as you feel comfortable with. As the article says, your hourly rate diminishes the more tables you play, so just figure out what number works best for you.

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
multi tabling

I use 'stackAndTile' - great multi-tabling program.

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all thanks you for good article and thanks Jeff for good video! I play Texas Holdem more than 5 years, but to my shame I never heard about this formula. I often play 10 tables or even more and it's surprising to me, when I loose my money. So this guide helps me to realize that I have to go back and play maximum 4-5 tables! Thank you once again!

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good article, since many of us travel in that world of playing more than 5 tables, I think the most important thing is to have a good computer and a good internet, since that is a primordial factor, second to know to what extent we can play so many tables, because in the end if we play 10 or more without much experience we will have a radical fall in our bankrol because we will play just for playing and fast, so the first thing to start with 4 tables and go there, for me maximum that I have played are 8 tables, but excellent article hopefully help us all

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The maximum that I can play is 4 tables. For a comfortable game, it's convenient for me to play at 2 tables. The most favorite is playing at the same table. This is already my pleasure game and maximum attention of the players to what they play. Many thanks for the article!

m0t22

m0t22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TOP topic.

I am in a learning process and I am increasing the screens and leaving the comfort zone.

usually I had my a-game playing 3 screens, a few days I've been trying 4 screens ..
Yesterday and today I started playing 6 screens.

I intend to play more .. but the size of the screens damages me. Who knows later I buy a new monitor and testo play more .. I believe the limit is 6 ... I will try to get my A-game playing 6 (I will have this month of April to play)

I'll put some tips into practice and I just have to thank for the topic!!!