How to Effectively Multi-Table in Online Poker

vegasivanov

vegasivanov

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I test my MS every time I open 4 tables on screen [emoji33] I have been profitable with 2 tables, and it is my best recipe for success online. Thank you for the very insightful articles! See ya at the tables [emoji5]

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I can manage several tables at once, but if they all started at the same time, they will likely become very stressful at the same time. This makes multi-table tough to perform. Also if they are the same type of game it is better than if they are different. For example I do not mix cash games and MTT when multi-tabling.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think that 8 tables is the maximum that I can play, and I play 4 - 6 tables comfortably ! Good article, thanks!BUT I don't think any rule can really help me, I'm just not going to increase the number of tables !

I'd be shocked if you could play even 1 :p I'd have to agree with your last statement though. :)

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
for me the most comfortable number of tables is two. if you open three or more, then I completely lose efficiency, and sometimes does not have time to make a move. therefore, when there is multiple tournaments, I basically depart from all.I do not know how players manage to play a lot of tables and still remain in a good position, perhaps this is an experience, and maybe a happy coincidence.

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd be shocked if you could play even 1 :p I'd have to agree with your last statement though. :)
I play MTT tournaments and do not use support programs, and I feel comfortable playing no more than 6 tables! I tried more, but I could not!

R

recimo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Up to 6 tables is what I can manage anything more than that and I find my timebank running out. The problem is also that some people might think they can multitable like 10+ tables, but don't notice the drop in the performance which is obviously bad. You have to find what works for you and what's most profitable ofc. Also when I don't have much info on the players on my tables I like to watch every hand and get a feel for the table which I can't do with more than 6 tables.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play no more than four tables at a time. I don't think it makes sense to play more than six tables.
I think, Multitebbing times are past

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every poker player is undoubtedly thinking about how to improve their game, and with it, and profit. Everyone finds the answers to the questions. In addition to learning poker, one of the answers is multi-tabling.
In order to increase their profits in poker, players usually go in two ways. Some try to play more tables, others-to increase the time with the same number of tables. In fact, this topic should be approached with full responsibility. You will have to spend some time and money to understand how many tables are the most optimal for you.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play to improve my poker skills. To make a well-considered decision and take into account all the factors I feel comfortable playing at 2 tables at the same time.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Inequitas Survey:How to Effectively Multi-Table in Online Poker

Ambassador Jeff Gross gave some great common sense advice about multi-tabling in the YouTube Video, I'm kind of already taking his advice by staying where I feel comfortable and opening Two tables at most.

I've found that over booking my self to more than two tables and multi platforms tables get in the way of each other popping up while one table is waiting on a decision which makes me late to act or makes me rush a call to answer to another table in time..

• Or will you stick with what's working for you? At The Moment I'm Doing OK with one or two tables at a time...
I'd Like to Thank CardsChat for bringing this advice to members attention, It does help people like me

E

enzoen

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good advice to play with how many tables you feel comfortable.

I can play up to 9 tables at a time, but I really feel that my game is optimal or better playing 6 tables.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In 2015 when I consider my golden age, (today I play just for fun) I played with 20 screens at the same time, achieving a weekly average of $ 150 (including Rake Back) in the microgames.
It was a mechanized game, even with the help of HUD could not reason correctly.
Analyzing this, deceding to decrease my volume to 8 screens, my weekly profit rose to about $ 250.
So I can say that there can be a job to improve your performance on several tables, but the initial step is to know exactly how many tables you feel comfortable playing.

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, only 6 tables is max, it's how much my laptop resolution allows. I did not try more but 6 is very good. Maybe in the future I will change something to play more tables.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy playing poker but usually try to keep the max of 2 tables open, When playing 3++ i find im not paying to other players and their habits and usually tend to focus on the table im doing good at ,thus loosing on the others

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have 4-6 tables open, usually, sometimes up to 8, if several interesting tournaments start at once and I don’t want to miss registering them all. But sometimes I limit myself to 1-2 tables in order to maintain maximum concentration over the process. It also depends on the dynamics of the game at the table - at a short fast table you always need a lot of attention.

Ventoman777

Ventoman777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly play 6 tables without losing concentration. My maximum is 18 tables at the same time.
It seems to some players that multi-tabling is easy. For others, it is an insurmountable obstacle. I think the best advice for beginners in multi-labeling is to start slower and not to run tables more than you can handle. It may take time, even to play at 4 tables, you must first adapt. Start with two tables, if you feel comfortable - add one more. Gradually add one table until you notice that it is already difficult for you to make key decisions in the allotted time, or until you notice that multi-tabling is starting to reduce your winrate.
The more you play online poker, the more comfortable you will feel at multiple tables. With experience, you will come to understand your optimal number of gaming tables at the same time, and it will also help you increase your profit at the table.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Good article!

Well, multitabling seems to be important at the nanostakes, because it helps you to add significant amount of volume and increase your winrate potential, but it must be taken with caution. Anytime I play with 3+ tables I find myself not contolling my play properly. Adding tables slowly and steadily is the best.

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 tables are enough for me if I really want to focus on games.
I like to watch other players and way they play. Then you can recognise the type of players they are and how to play against them.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
i had my best results when playing only one table and concentrating on it , i tried sometimes 4 tables i had bad results specially with my little screen it wasnt optimal and with my experience level its a big NO ! that i have learned ^^ but in the future with this article when i would want to try to multi table now i know how to proceed )

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think, this article is interesting, definitely, but for me it is very attatched to cash games. I would like to read similiar about SNG and Tourneys.
I guess, then somehow things could become different again.

I can play very concentrated up to 3 tables. Also 4 are ok, when they are of the same type. But as soon as there come more types into play, also different than NLHE, it becomes harder in my opinion. Sometimes I have more than 3-4 tables,
but then it turns to a little bit stress for me, also because of my small monitor.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like playing on my laptop so I can handle 4 tables comfortably, I have played up to 6 and 7 but it gets hectic quickly with tables over lapping each other and with so much over lap it makes it next to impossible to pay attention to what other players are doing.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
I can only speak from experience but I find anything over 4 silly. You are not really playing poker. You need to be analysing hands, betting pattern, player tendencies etc. Not don't get me wrong you can kind of auto pilot the early stages if you want to start your session off like that and try making a deep run in several tournaments. But I believe if you get deep you need to close down tables and try take down a big score.
I find 4 very draining but 2 or 3 is optimal. I also like to mix it up. I love playing Omaha cash so if tournaments are going slow/card dead I may fire up an Omaha cash table on the side.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The number of tables depends on many factors, such as your bankroll and your level of play. If I had a solid bankroll I would like to play 4 tables. And also the type of game because if it is only sit & go games of 6 players you could play up to 6 or more tables to have more profits according to the plan you have and strategy

Chalada12

Chalada12

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
most people start playing multi-table without knowing if they will win in it , or they are just gambling and trying to do something that the ve heard it makes them win . i was wrong also , when i started playing multi table without knowing how multi tabling works in poker . i just read this article , and i would want to thank you , cuz evrytime i read a Cardshat strategy article i learn something new and helpful to improve my Poker Skills .

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Task#2 Multi-Tabling - danoscar

Multi-Tabling is a very interesting concept to me. In the past, I have played maybe four at one time, but it has been awhile. The article is informative, the formula will be useful, if I wish to take a gander again. For now, though, I think I will stick to finding the best strategy to win one MTT!

Thank you for sharing the article.