Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You've seen the online beasts like ElKy and nanonoko multi-tabling 20+ tables on multiple screens; and then there are those like me, who can barely get by with two tables at once.

But just like everything in poker, there is a formula to determine not just if multi-tabling is right for you, but to help you decide just how many tables you should multi with to achieve max-profit. Of course you know CardsChat has the perfect guide to help you figure it all out:

Guide To Multi tabling In Poker

Let us know what you think! Will you use the formulas to expand on the number of games you play? Or will you stick with what's working for you?

Still not sure? Check out CardsChat Ambassador Jeff Gross as he talks about his view about multi-tabling:

Last edited:
hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 4 tables is the max to be able to analyze the opponents well. I do not think that some rule can really help unless we are geniuses :)

R

RicardoInciarte

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im sure that I cant play more than 3 tables at the same time because two reasons:
1. I need to be focus in the game because my game style.
2. my internet connecton.
I feel more confortable playing 2 maybe 3 tables at the same time.
The important thing is feeling sure with the amount of tables you are playing.
Nice article, thank you!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I usually play 1-2 tables, sometimes a third, and a few times four. Most of times 1-2. This because I like to watch the game, the maths, and the actions of every player. If we put many tables it is more gambling and luck than poker! I prefer to play quality game than quantity!

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ty for the article as alwasy!
Agree with the most part. I think he core concpt will be that you gradually add tables with out killing your game (nothing to fancy but still...)
I think for most pro/half-pro players the range will fall bewtween 6-12 tables, but then again it depends on you games and limits I mean spinners dont usualy play more than 4 or even 3... but than there is freq (russian reg) so...

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stick to one table, that would get the most pleasure, immerse yourself in the game, watch every little thing, to be concentrated, I'm against multi-tabling, both mentally and physically, I would generally forbid ID player to be on 2 or 3-4 tournaments in a row I think one ID should play one tournament, so poluchaetsya opportunity people to win more, just get one player in 5 tournaments, and all tournaments 1500 players if there is such a law one ID for one tournament in many tournaments will be 500-600 people, not 3000.

M

muazkkh1996

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
beyond 2 is just stressful,i go tilt and lose what i have brought in ,but thats only in cash games,tournaments is easy with 4 tables cant figure why lol

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I also think it's much better to play a more reasonable number of tables so you can adjust some notes. In addition, to play many tables at the same time, you also need to invest in some kind of support program to help in making decisions, even because the progress of the game will require a lot more from you.

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I gather they mean "Cash " tables.
So, when I play , I play for entertainment. I find that playing more then 4 tables with freerolls - I have a hard time keeping up with just 4 and so I keep getting timed out on hands just with 4 !
So with the problems I have playing more then 4 with a freeroll, there is no way I would attempt to play cash tables, no matter the variant .
This as much as I can relate to as I rarely play cash tables .

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once i played 4 tables at the same time, but it did not work out.

One table is the best with regard to focus and concentration.

Tonight I will do an exception, there are so many freerolls starting at 8th o'clock tonight, that i will play 4 games at that time.

I will follow Jeff's advice and see how it comes along.:)

deyvsonflp

deyvsonflp

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately I've played up to 8 tables smoothly. Of course I have improved and studied more in recent months. The help of a HUD detailing villain's profile, help in making the decision of who plays multi-table.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I play upto 4 tables with freeroll tables only.
And end up playing only 1 table finally as surely I end up losing out on the others.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you very much for the guide, it has helped me a lot, I regularly play one or two tables, if I'm doing something on the computer, if I'm not doing anything, I can play in 5 tables of 6 players, or 8 tables of 9 players.
I think that in pokerstars it is easier to play at several tables at the same time, the largest number of tables I have had open have been about 20.
I think it depends on the experience of the player, it can be profitable or not, also when playing in several tables, there is more variance, and therefore you have to have more bank.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the advice Jeff, but when I have played more than 5 poker tables at the same time my results have been very bad, I prefer to play maximum 4 tables and play them from my computer, I do not like to play multiple tables from my mobile, but I think I would not be able to play 20 tables at the same time, I would go crazy

YungWan

YungWan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such an informative guide on multi tabling! I don't have anywhere near the amount of hands necessary to use the mathematical formulas in the guide so I guess, for now, I'll just stick to adding or removing tables based on how comfortable I am! :)

Also, thanks for the tip on opening ranges Jeff Gross. As a beginner, my range is already super tight since I'm always concerned about getting outplayed post-flop!

Hope to catch you on stream in the future, all the best! :hello:

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes got no choice when I'm registered at four or more tables tournaments (when you grab all that possible passwords) and they begin at the same or very close times and start to pop up on your screen but to play'em all. But dedication is not very well applied until you get only one or two tables left.
But if I have a very important tournament dated, just stick with it.

All the best

Last edited:
ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me playing more than four tables at a time makes no sense because you don't see the nuances of each player and you odnt have a feel for when to steal or bluff

J

Johnny Aces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Multi Tabling

When multi tabling its important that your full focus is only on playing and nothing else.
I suggest playing 4 tables and try that out. If you get comfortable with 4 then start moving up 2 tables as you get and keep getting comfortable. The more tables you play the less time you will have to make a decision. So you will have to be a quick thinker. Good Luck

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have got it up to 4 Tables been trying to to push myself to multi,table . I feel like im playing better on 3 or 4 tables then I do on 1. The constant action keeps me in the zone .

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, it is very simple.

Multi-tabling is a job, it's very mechanical, robot-like thinking and behaving. I mean if you are playing 20 tables at the same time, there is no room for actually playing poker like: squeezing against targeted opponents, isolating, bluffing - trying to represent a certain hand.

That being said, multi-tabling really takes all the fun away from playing.
For me, it is more about being good at the game, making good decision, rather then winning more BBs/hour.

Maximum number of tables I have played so far is 4 at the same time, and I can do quite fine, but I am not likely to play like that often. 2 Tables is the right number for me.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's pretty simple, just play as many tables as you're comfortable with.
Or you want to challenge yourself? In this case try to play more but be careful and not to lose too much money :)

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow. 20 gaming tables for me from fiction. I already at the opening of the third table begins confusion.

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't know.. I prefer to play 1 table. It helps to concentrate on the game and opponents. Though I think I showed better results when play 3-4 tables. Probably because with 1 table you fear to play some hands sometimes. Or to make some calls. But with 3-4 tables you usually should click as fast as possible before another table pops up. You can't concentrate on the game. No fear to make wrong calls.

Barbarrossa

Barbarrossa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played up to 4 tables at a time. Can I do it? The answer is yes.. can I do it as well as I can if I only have a couple of tables up? The answer(for me) is no. Even just sticking to freerolls I find myself saying.. "Wait.. what just happened??" and get even further behind if I hit the replay button.

So at this stage in my 'career' it's no more than two tables at the same time. I can still have fun at this stage.

cheers!

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that 8 tables is the maximum that I can play, and I play 4 - 6 tables comfortably ! Good article, thanks!BUT I don't think any rule can really help me, I'm just not going to increase the number of tables !