How do you prepare yourself just before an online poker match?

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I just try to be rested and fresh and get in the right mood. Having a positive mindset could be helpful. Maybe also a cup of tea or so and then I feel for some poker :)

WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I don't prepare myself for online tournaments except to look to the structure of the tournament in the tournament lobby. I was playing in all kind of moods and I noticed that it's preferable to be rested and in the good mood,. When I was not in the good mood, or rested I was mostly losing money. So, it's good to create a cozy atmosphere, good mood before tournament, to relax.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't prepare myself for online tournaments except to look to the structure of the tournament in the tournament lobby. I was playing in all kind of moods and I noticed that it's preferable to be rested and in the good mood,. When I was not in the good mood, or rested I was mostly losing money. So, it's good to create a cozy atmosphere, good mood before tournament, to relax.
Very good!

A

ALVY_MARRAS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Leaving everything arranged and in order, to keep the mind focused at the beginning of the tournament, is a positive part that motivates me and improves my ranking in the tournaments!

NDRWTRLGC

NDRWTRLGC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
get plenty of sleep. this is crucial. also coffee and food. egg on toast. avocado. etc. besides that I just tell myself to be patient, play well and forget about the rest of the stuff I can't control.. all I can do

most of all have fun .. otherwise what's the point

life is too short to play just for the money

janu0320

janu0320

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to feel rested. Nothing else but game should disturb me. Take some tea or coffe and thats it =)

AndryxaDovolen

AndryxaDovolen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly!)

very interesting comments!) basically, no one is preparing for online tournaments .. So I am not preparing either, and this is probably why my bank roll is minimal today.! And how are you about this, friends? How often do you replenish your accounts ??? this is a question for those who are not preparing) .. and probably those who are preparing, they do not replenish, but withdraw?))

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
very interesting comments!) basically, no one is preparing for online tournaments .. So I am not preparing either, and this is probably why my bank roll is minimal today.! And how are you about this, friends? How often do you replenish your accounts ??? this is a question for those who are not preparing) .. and probably those who are preparing, they do not replenish, but withdraw?))

I've already prepared and lost, have not prepared and won and the other way around. A previous 'ritual' don't guarantee any result, it's just a matter of taste.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Actually, I try to free myself from any business or finish everything started, and during breaks I brew coffee and smoke a vape. But sometimes, when I'm unlucky, I think about putting my happy comb in my pocket:).
Ok, a vape? Cool:D

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preparation

If i can, i will have a power nap (Im getting old so i need it lol) - then a coffee and then will check some of my poker links on site and read up on some current stories and situations, i will sometimes look at some of my plays from the previous day or check out others.
I will make sure i have made myself some snacks and drinks up if i am in for the long session or playing multi tournaments.

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also take a shower half hour-hour before tourney starts , eat something and am ready to go .
Sometimes I might even drink coffee before and during , depending on what time of the day it is , not always but sometimes .

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I go to the bathroom, grab a drink and a snack. Get a comfy spot set-up. Find something to watch or listen to. Make sure I smokes handy and either my vape pen or some joints. Then I am good to go at least until the first 5 minute break.

However, every break I have to make a made dash to the bathroom and to make another coffee:(

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can read the tutorials here. Know how to act preflop. If you play a proper preflop strategy you will avoid headache hands. The post-flop decisions become easier when you play with only selected hands and you play with position. Your postflop decision also depends on several factors. For example, whether you raised pre-flop or just called and how many opponents you are still playing post-flop against. Of course, the theory will help you, but you also need practical experience to be able to make decisions quickly.

emk211

emk211

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Wife out of house, morning constitutional, 2 cups coffee w/cream and sugar, a big fat doobie, cigarettes, phone off, tv on music, doorbell disconnected, not in any specific order, according to personality in charge, weather report, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, chips, jelly beans, pizza, ice cream, twinkies, cupcakes, pre-stress relief, etc.:deal:

LMB

LMB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker community

I usually prepare a protein shake or, failing that, a fruit salad if I have it prepared, or I directly drink water during the game. Greetings, good :wavey:luck at the table, I'm Pharaoh Ramses 2:icon_fara