How do you keep from being bored?

J

jorgejarapy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

To avoid this I always try to play at least 2 tables simultaneously in order to be much more aware of the game and in addition to this I try to complement it with good music

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Last edited by a moderator:
O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! When I play multiple tables, I don't get bored playing. And if there is one table, I can listen to music, turn on a light movie, flip through pages in social networks, or do household chores. But in general, I can not say that I am very bored playing poker, on the contrary, it is good when nothing distracts me from the game.

V

VBB112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would lose my mind if I didn't multi-table. Interestingly, I feel the most bored when I start a session, especially MTT's. Knowing that, if successful, I'm buckling in for a 5-6 tourney makes the early stages seem irrelevant. Logically I now that's not true, but emotionally it weighs on me.

Darkray

Darkray

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Press oll-in in each hand. I promise you won't be bored

Mityamoriss

Mityamoriss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch videos of pro poker players.Its really entertaining

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play poker, it is never boring,there is always some interesting hand - bluffs,moves.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wouldn't participate in an activity if I thought it was boring, first off. Second poker, in itself, is an exciting game. It's completely filled w/drama, highs and lows, sheer joy and unrelenting heartbreak. Online is just another way for me to enjoy the game as well as other stuff like music, pot, spending time w/my dog, all kinds of little creature comforts.

P

pedro1590

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stop Playing

If you're getting bored stop! That is when the bad decisions start to creep in!
To be honest though I seldom find myself bored. Good music and multi-tabling!

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good listening to music to avoid this

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Break it up, by being the anti-you..

If you play the logical, TAG game most of the time, you'll survive until the latter stages. But, like you said, it is boring at times.

The anti-you is an unpredictable player, an interesting player. The player who might take that bold chance. Might or might not survive, but is a player, out to win, whatever it takes.
And when the anti-you is taken out before the latter stages, he/she doesn't feel bad for losing early stage.
The feeling is one of relief, no more game stress, but at least you went down swinging, trying to hit a homer, win the game. No bunting, folding, playing it safe.

RiverRick

RiverRick

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the way

If you play the logical, TAG game most of the time, you'll survive until the latter stages. But, like you said, it is boring at times.

The anti-you is an unpredictable player, an interesting player. The player who might take that bold chance. Might or might not survive, but is a player, out to win, whatever it takes.
And when the anti-you is taken out before the latter stages, he/she doesn't feel bad for losing early stage.
The feeling is one of relief, no more game stress, but at least you went down swinging, trying to hit a homer, win the game. No bunting, folding, playing it safe.

Let's go!

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always do alot of stuff besides Poker, watch movie, play chess, eat noodless, write email ... Sometimes all at the same time. :cool:

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make silly calls once in a while, which usually leads to my bombing out of the tournament.

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play Poker on PS and computer games like Counter-strike and Playersunknown's Battlegrounds

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I always do alot of stuff besides Poker, watch movie, play chess, eat noodless, write email ... Sometimes all at the same time. :cool:

You could use 5 HUDs and they won't do anything for you if this is how you choose to play poker.

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In order not to get bored while playing poker, you need to watch a movie or listen to music at the same time, and it is best to watch a sports broadcast.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play poker.

it's a very fascinating and highly interesting game
that can keep you entertaint and busy for a life-time.
I don't think i will ever feel bored at a poker table.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just open more tables if I start to feel bored.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pay attention

Online Poker is boring as can be. What do you do to keep from loosing your mind?

I pay attention to my opponents and how they play their hands. Poker isnt boring to me and try playing more tables if your attention span is wider.