How do you keep from being bored?

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think online poker is boring, I don't get bored especially when I'm playing on multiple tables. I suggest you listen to music, talk, browse the Internet, watch TV.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not find playing cash boring but I do find tourneys very slow and some players take so loooooong to just fold haha

I always play at least two but mostly three tourneys at a time,

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Online Poker is boring as can be. What do you do to keep from loosing your mind?

Same thing I do with other voluntary activities I find boring, I stop doing them. Remember though, if you like to whine, there is no such thing as a boring activity.
icon14.gif

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online i play music or search other stuff..

Sometimes i even watch other tables of same tournament

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bored

While playing at a poker website I'll play in different games and not just Holdem to keep my interest up. Also will play in some sit & go's as well other tourneys to keep my interest up . Playing at cash tables for me anyways keeps my attention.

While not playing poker I do things such as yard work, garden, go fishing, play golf, watch TV etc. Seems there is always as well something to fix or work on around the house so have a list of items to keep me busy.

Later All! :D

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can try to listen some music, or watching a movie as fast as you play your A game:)

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker a lot of the times, when I am bored. It helps keep me from being bored through this covid 19. I am glad we can go out now, since we at stage 2. Working helps with it now, cant wait until stage 3 more things will be open to do.

Pudiel

Pudiel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm hyperactive, so I can't do only one thing at time, I use Opera GX, and do a video pop-out and start watching videos, in a small fixed window in the corner, and also I have my rubick's cube that I shuffle and un-shuffle again and again and again ....

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Music , Netflix , Youtube , add another game , such as a cyclone on ACR or zoom on stars , watch a movie from my hard disks , read a CC thread , etc . Mostly it's a little boring until you get ITM or deep , then it's awesome :)

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online Poker is boring as can be. What do you do to keep from loosing your mind?

I tried countering this more recently by trying to be more involved in all the hands. Not playing all hands, just taking mental notes on what happens.

Also, when I am in a hand, I am asking myself why I am going to do what I am about to do. Does it make sense? If so, why? What are the factors? This not only gets you out of the boredom zone, but it makes you a better player, in my opinion. :)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I'm bored I don't play.

If I play, I'm not bored. :D

Otherwise, a little music :thrasher: for me while plenty is enough to stay in focus. :rock:

O

OnitheCroc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
music

I mainly listen to music or make phone calls but the latter can be distracting sometimes.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like listening to music, it helps me.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing 2 or 3 game keeps my engaged. Sometime with one I get tired of watching and watching. however, when my mind wanders elsewhere while doing something else my game play starts to suffer.

I do like listening to music though.

AdonisPimenta

AdonisPimenta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to listen music, browse around on CC threads and looking up some news.

medusegorgon

medusegorgon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing several tables ofcourse. Listening to music and podcasts obviously. Chating with bf and playing with cat)))

B

BatOneHat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Audiobooks and Mus

l listen to audiobooks and music, usually with a ball game on tv in the background on mute.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play 2 or 3 tables and listen to music.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've heard this question a lot and it always baffles me. I'm never bored. Frustrated sometimes, yes, but never bored. Maybe I'm just weird. :)

F

fefibecerra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it can get tedious (folding, folding, and other players not getting too much action), but it doesn't get boring!

I always leave articles and stuff to read open if I need some sort of distraction. Music always helps too!

Panda1010

Panda1010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play multiple tables, listen to music, or play games on my phone like candy crush. I get up and walk around and even watch a little tv in the background.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There's a great lyric in this song I really like...

"...If you're bored then you're boring..."

Enjoy! :biggrin:

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

What's boring is when you play like for an hour and get poor hands. Deal,muck,deal, muck. I think I have a playable hand when I get like a 8-7 suited. 99 times out of a 100 it's not playable after the flop. I"ll try an A-3, same result, even if I hit the A. Usually lose chips. That's boring. Not my day.