How do you keep from being bored?

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online Poker is boring as can be. What do you do to keep from loosing your mind?

Play 2 or 3 tables simultaneously to keep engaged.

Keep track of how the other players at your table are playing. How much are they raising - from what position? What cards did they have?

Is the giant stack at the table overly active? How can you exploit that?

Good luck !

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm trying to concentrate on only one or two poker games and ignore other stuff like watching youtube or surfing on interntet

rustixxx

rustixxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just stop playing and get distracted by something else.

and then I miss poker))) and I still need to play poker for at least 2 hours to quench my thirst))

Last edited by a moderator:
xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it’s boring to you it’s prolly not for you. Leave it

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are really bored in online poker, a break would be good.

I don' t watch videos but i listen to podcasts (poker, chess) in my poker sessions.

Videos would be too much for me, i have to observe the game play, the players, stacks, blind increases etc.

buttchin0707

buttchin0707

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to set session timers or have goals to aim for before playing and whilst playing, like getting a further 100 places in a tournament etc

I also like to do press-ups and sit ups

Last edited by a moderator:
linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually when you're starting to play, the tables end up getting a little boring, several times i watch some videos, or listen to a podcast

N

neonprpl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You could listen to poker strategy videos.I say listen because you should always keep an eye on the table,you shouldn't get distracted too much.Its a never-ending fight with yourself to keep your mentality balanced during play.

C

C_mac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just surf the net or play another table. Problem with that is, you may not think it but when your not focused on the game, you miss info like players tendencies. I 100% notice a difference when I'm paying attention.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
multi-table and take breaks. Plenty to do while playing.

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music and poker go hand in hand for me. Poker keeps my mind focused while music keeps my ears fulfilled as I pay attention to how the other players play.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are really bored in online poker, a break would be good.

I don' t watch videos but i listen to podcasts (poker, chess) in my poker sessions.

Videos would be too much for me, i have to observe the game play, the players, stacks, blind increases etc.

+1 Yeah, I focus on the poker game (with few or no distractions) as well. If it is too "boring" for the op, then play a faster game format like turbo or hyper. I like the regular (slower) game speed actually. I am never really "waiting" because I am studying how my opponents handle certain situations; curious who is playing lots (or few) hands, who is open raising weird amounts, and which players seem like the regs at the table.

Sometimes, I'll try shuffling chips next to my computer (still need practice with this) or doing knuckle rolls with a poker chip. :)

p.s. I am into chess as well: who are some of your favorite chess sources?

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
It's never boring to me!

- play on few tabels different poker variations, works for me ;)

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
music, watch a movie, roll a couple joints, pretty much whatever I can find. I hate just focusing on only the game because it can be so draining, especially if its a tourney on ACR with 40 rounds of late registration

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think you need to turn on music that will not let you get bored or invite your wife ...

I

imhereforfreerolls

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music, MTT, youtube, company in discord etc.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
boring? for me online poker is not boring at all I don't need to take breaks for this reason, it is always good to practice with meditation to improve concentration, check what motivates you to play and evaluate if you really like to play poker

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
TV

I watch TV or listen to music while I am playing online poker.

K

kkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play mtt, usually 4 tables and poker has never been boring for me.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good morning.Fortunately,it´s not my case.I do enjoy this game!Better when cash out.