How do you feel about insults in chat?

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to treat your opponents with respect, and insults should be punished, but it's very bad if they affect your game - your opponents can take advantage of it and you're not playing your best game

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's best to not let the insults get to you. These people are just keyboard warriors and are doing it to get a reaction hiding behind their computer.

I notice some sites now don't allow the chat function but people can still show their frustration with the throwables.

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
It's no wonder that insults directed at you are frustrating and distracting from the game. The main thing is that this tendency of insults is not present among us when we participate in Cardschat tournaments. It will be stupid and ugly, and I think a temporary suspension from participation can always follow

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Since I don't have the opportunity to personally respond to the insult, although I would gladly knock out the opponent's teeth for such behavior, all I can do is take a screenshot and report such a player to our administrators. This is the best decision, such players should understand that they will be responsible for their words.

D

Dougana

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I found insults funny, except I get tilt very bad, but is better to ignored. Turn of the chat and focus on the game.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When it's just soft words I don't mind, if they are being racist I really don't like, xenophobia too.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I feel awesome, great and love it. They should really never stop and keep at it forever. The more they're focusing on and typing, chatting and letting emotions into the game the less they're focusing on actually playing and making good decisions. That equals easy money. I love easy money.

Cheers!!!

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always ignore it, I don't allow chat to get in the way of my game.

Fosterbio

Fosterbio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
Strange, why be offended? On the contrary, it lifts my spirits and makes me happy. What's wrong with an opponent tilting? On the contrary, it’s wonderful, but if he can’t keep it to himself, well, that’s his business)))

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Angry Players are normal in online poker. They just feel that they are playing a great poker in the other person beats them by pure luck. Well, that is always the case. You most win a few lucky hands to be able to win a tournament, that is just the way it is. But if you are going to get annoyed by all the players that are going to bad mouth you just turn off your chat. Eventually if you complain enough support will probably come down on you. So just laugh it off and mark that player so that you know how to piss him off. More than likely his game will go to shit afterwards.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest, I usually don’t pay attention to this. The less you answer them, the less they write and the faster they will calm down. Sometimes I can answer if they start throwing objects at pokerstars, but I haven’t encountered such situations in the chat.

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He said "idiot"?

Wow man i really hope one day u can come over that horrible experience and live a normal life again.

What did support answer? 😮 Could they believe it?

Fumogrosso

Fumogrosso

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Mute the chat and play normally, normally those who are swearing are already tilted and will do something stupid.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well, there's a line that shouldn't be crossed, but one of the main issues is different people, cultures and/or organisations put it in varying positions.

Getting everyone to agree on any kind of compromise is seemingly one of the biggest difficulties facing humanity.

It should be common sense but that is something some clearly do not possess and others forget at times.

When it comes down to it, managing our emotions and controlling ourselves to the point where we don't automatically react and lash out is the key.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally do not participate in poker or anything else for that matter, by insulting other people at all. I feel it’s very unsportsmanlike. I would far rather spread some good into the world and say something nice or just say nothing at all. If someone is insulting me, I just ignore them as they are not worth my time, thoughts or words. I do not put them on mute as I still want to see what they say, so that I can report them if necessary.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Usually I don’t pay attention and play in mi way

F

fatimapoker22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If someone is uneducated they shouldn't play, I always report it to the platform when I feel offended

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't mind the chat, it's just jealously

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The more they're focusing on and typing, chatting and letting emotions into the game the less they're focusing on actually playing and making good decisions. That equals easy money.
easy money = your odds still the same, nothing changes

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just ignore it and remember if a player is taking the time to insult you they are either tilting or
not concentrating on the game, so it is win win for you :)

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good player will never go down to insults, this is the lot of losers.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The other day I was playing poker. I was obviously lucky... so I brought everyone out. In response to my actions in the chat, one of the players wrote “Idiot” and so on. In short, it really started to bother me

Be smarter

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I feel so happy that my strategy made someone so angry... It means it is so efficient! Couldn't be bothered to reply to them.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Since I don't have the opportunity to personally respond to the insult, although I would gladly knock out the opponent's teeth for such behavior,...
The possibility of that type of response is what, except for random occurrences, keeps live games both verbally and physically peaceful.