How do you feel about insults in chat?

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
The other day I was playing poker. I was obviously lucky... so I brought everyone out. In response to my actions in the chat, one of the players wrote “Idiot” and so on. In short, it really started to bother me and I still replied that “I contact support to block his account due to constant insults.” I do not know what happened, but suddenly this player became SitOut and subsequently did not appear at all... I do not know, maybe he was scared, or maybe the support worked quickly (although I did not contact anyone).
Who thinks about it?

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to react) It interferes with the game

maronza1

maronza1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
The other day I was playing poker. I was obviously lucky... so I brought everyone out. In response to my actions in the chat, one of the players wrote “Idiot” and so on. In short, it really started to bother me and I still replied that “I contact support to block his account due to constant insults.” I do not know what happened, but suddenly this player became SitOut and subsequently did not appear at all... I do not know, maybe he was scared, or maybe the support worked quickly (although I did not contact anyone).
Who thinks about it?
I usually ignore them, and sometimes reply them with lol
Usually when im playing with play money i raise almost everyhand, and some get annoyed and start insulting me, i just respond with lol, and not insult them back. Dont let those guys bother you.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Who thinks about it?
I just usually ignore any bad messages sent my way when playing, You can turn your chat off and not ever have to worry about it.

D

Doctrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like it. I want my opponents to think I am stupid and bad at poker. It is harder if it happens at live poker though. One time I almost cried when I was a new player and somebody was berating me. My coach later told me, "Why do you want a losing player to approve of your strategy?" And it stuck with me.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I turn off the chat. Otherwise, I get distracted and ultimately tilt.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a fan of players that throw insults. I have questioned a call or play in chat and afterwards regretted commenting and making wosre of a bad situation. But I never throw insult after insult. I can’t fathom those players and how they can sit there spamming the chat nonstop with garbage insults and other hateful comments. Personally I like that ACR has eliminated the chat box.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Insults in chat are prohibited by the rules; if it really offends you or distracts you from the game, you can complain to support or turn off the chat at any time. Personally, I don't pay attention to this!!!

C

carvier

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CR
Chips
Completely unnecessary, it will only show weakness and a lack of understanding of the variance that is implicit in the game.

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't even look at the chat

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My chat is usually blocked, because I don't think it's worth to spend time with insults in chat. Most of the times, I just don't care and I completely ignore it.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Who thinks about it?

Turn off the chat & lighten up.

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Just avoid this losers actitude childish behaviour must be ignored.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't like it at all but I have, figuratively, pretty thick and tough skin. Even the one who called my a "see you next tuesday" after I beat him for a big pot didn't bother me. The only time I've ever reported someone was when a player on ACR told a player from Israel that Hitler had the right idea.

Bowler420car AntiSemitism and Racial Slurs 01

Must be something about the screen name "bowler" because the guy that made the comment to me was probowler, or something like that. :)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In poker, as in life, there are different people, different players. Unfortunately, there are many inadequate ones, even among members of our community. In such cases, take a screenshot of the chat and report the incident to our moderators. Our moderators have effective mechanisms of influence on such players :)

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Who thinks about it?
I thinknits part of the game, idiot is okay I think, as long as its not racist, homophobic , prejudice or sexist - if its just in fun or anger cos lost a hand or put out, just laugh and carry on

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there should be limits but at the same time as a poker player we should expect insults from time to time specially after bad beats or out of frustration but I don't its acceptable in general.

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't like it at all but I have, figuratively, pretty thick and tough skin. Even the one who called my a "see you next tuesday" after I beat him for a big pot didn't bother me. The only time I've ever reported someone was when a player on ACR told a player from Israel that Hitler had the right idea.

Must be something about the screen name "bowler" because the guy that made the comment to me was probowler, or something like that. :)
Holy mackerel! That is absolutely disgusting! Good on you for doing something about this!

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Basically, I always play with the same players and we know each other and even sometimes joke around in the chat, so I don't take insults during the game seriously, I just respond to some insults with a laugh or say that you're a great joke and then all our disputes during the game turn into friendly discussions of some hands

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't agree with insults, my worst reactions are usually: “explanation?” “poker.” The first alludes to the fact that I don't understand how he paid with those cards, and the second to the thought that no matter how well you play poker, it will often make you lose.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
That actually happens? never to me, but maybe is part of some people strategy, if that botters you,consider mutting

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Insults are prohibited and the truth is that violence is not justified either in poker or anywhere else.
you have the possibility to close the chat if they bother you
Personally, I ignore them.
It hurts their game so I don't stop them.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Who thinks about it?
Hey some people just can't handle making bad bets or losing so they try to deflect their own stupid actions by calling others names childish things pay no attention to them play your cards and have fun. Now those are just my thoughts:unsure:.