How do you build your online bank roll?

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good afternoon
You need to go slowly and in small steps, treat your bankroll responsibly, play correctly, accurately, learn and work on the game. Distance will bring everything back.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer MTT tournaments. I mainly play 888 and pokerstars, daily MTT tournaments with buy-ins up to $5. I don't play cash games, I don't play turbo or hyper tournaments, I focus all my attention on regular daily tournaments and I have pretty good results.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you aren't willing to deposit on a poker site then need to play freeroll MTTs to reach a certain level for one of the following options:

1. Microstakes Cash tables, SitnGos, or MTTs (depending on your comfort level)
2. Take a chance with a large portion of the bankroll in MTT (over 20%) or cash (2 or 3 buy-ins) if you are will risk for a larger payday. However, there is a risk will lose most of BR and then grind up again from a freeroll.

You may win MTT tickets from a poker site via social media giveaways or sponsored Twitch streamer

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I built my bankroll initially by playing free tournaments, including in more than one room, such as PS, 888Poker, GG and partypoker. I think it's important to start with these tournaments.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the ACR streamer freerolls are a great way to build a bank roll. I had a chance again yesterday to knock out a streamer but never pulled it off.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
One cash at a time, man. Sng's and mtt's. Patience and 3-betting.

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Just deposited a small amount of money, and then when I realized my $20 has grown into a couple grand, I moved up to PLO 25/50 lol.
What games helped you grown your $20?

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
It takes a long time to build a bankroll playing only freerolls. And this is important to teach us the values of patience and resilience. To teach us we are just beginners in spite of our serious effort to study. To teach us that we play poker because we love it, not because we want to be streamers and show to the wide world how good we are!
It takes a long time to build a solid bankroll. You say it doesn’t compensate? You spend 2 hours to earn 2 dollars! And all of your investment was time? Think about it, a solid regular playing NLHE 2 will make at best scenario $ 0,50 cents of dollar per hour played!
Or how much do you expect to make per hour playing the micro-limits? 100 dollars per hour? Forgive me, if I’m being rude mate, my intention is be ironic because I’m trying to teach you a lesson, that is, being realistic and most of all: being humble.
It took me 4 months playing CardsChat’s freerolls to build a respectable bankroll ($ 80 dollars), playing every single day. Set your objectives and don’t give up!
First build a solid bankroll. Then choose a game style where you believe you can be profitable. In my case it’s cash, you should find your own game style.
Don’t be in a hurry! First accumulate certain good amount of cash, after that you start to play whatever you want. And if you begin to lose, study, pay a poker course, continue playing freerolls, and let the chips fall as they may!
Have a nice day, best regards!
I get what you’re saying and it’s a good way to look at it. The hours spent playing to win a couple of dollars is worth more than the money. The experience you gain during that time will help you out when you can buy into a bigger MTT.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I get what you’re saying and it’s a good way to look at it. The hours spent playing to win a couple of dollars is worth more than the money. The experience you gain during that time will help you out when you can buy into a bigger MTT.
Thanks for it. Experience and learning is something we never lose. As other have said, make a small deposit is not a bad idea too, if you feel confident you can produce some profits already.
Have you completed 30 days CardsChat’s course? If the answer is an yes, I recommend you save a couple of bucks to start a paid poker course that will fit your necessity.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My bankroll builders where all the freerolls on ACR and mostly the cardschat ones when they used to run those. They really helped me a lot. Then I progressed to the $3 touneys etc.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cardschat freerols are awesome for building bankroll from $0. I build up mine this way. They have a small poll and great prizes.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Theory - I win and save by building a bankroll. Practice - I win and play stronger tournaments, sometimes risking too much. I treat the game as a hobby so I play completely without pressure.

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From the beginning, I only played freerolls. Gradually, the understanding came that there is a different strategy of the game in freerolls. This game is for recreation and entertainment that does not value your bankroll. The higher the limits, the more responsible and professional the game is, so it is better not to linger on freerolls, but to spend a small amount and play for real money, building your bankroll and observing money management. You need to have at least 100 buyins, ideally 200-300. I did that, but sometimes I don't stick to my money management and play more expensive tournaments.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well... regardless of your type of game (I mean tournaments, cash tables, etc...) to be successful you need to have discipline and a well-defined strategy... I play every day at the tables of cash .... and day by day we are growing my bankroll ....

S

Samweis3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I did Not play for long time, but I also build up my small bankroll by some freerolls, after having approx. 20 $ I started to grind 1/2 NL with 6-8 tables at the same time. This was working quite well and I managed to build up further from that, in between, if I knew I had some time, I did some sit&gos.

it is a tough way up the ladder but important for your development as a player

78mariusz

78mariusz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have a long break with poker and after back I deposited 20$ . I play only spin@go and micro mtt's.
For now my bankroll is x5 and still growth.

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I usually play freerolls and build my bankroll like that . I also play satellites to big tournaments to qulify and I play on the main event.

T

Tomiveres

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m mainly playing Freerolls to build mine up bit by bit, but there will come a stage where the hours of play to win $2 won’t seem worth it. Plus eventually my bank roll will be big enough to start playing around with

I’ve tried some of those Spin and Gold etc. ones because of the lower by ins but you play so few hands that playing good poker usually loses out to getting lucky with cards.

What have been your go to bank roll builders?
My advice for you is keep playing those freerolls as much as you can , and play some cash game if you have a few $ , like 1/2cents , watch lots of videos that will help you a lot understanding more poker . After you manage to make a small bankroll like 50$ I would suggest you to play some small tournaments 1$ with small fields like a sit and go , 100-200 people , and I hope this will increase your bankroll , but don't forget every day try to learn something new , watch poker videos and watch your previous day hand history .
By the way where are you playing , on witch room ?
Good luck at the tables .

rvnhss

rvnhss

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
My advice for you is keep playing those freerolls as much as you can , and play some cash game if you have a few $ , like 1/2cents , watch lots of videos that will help you a lot understanding more poker . After you manage to make a small bankroll like 50$ I would suggest you to play some small tournaments 1$ with small fields like a sit and go , 100-200 people , and I hope this will increase your bankroll , but don't forget every day try to learn something new , watch poker videos and watch your previous day hand history .
By the way where are you playing , on witch room ?
Good luck at the tables .
Thanks for the advice.

I play at 888poker, PokerStars, partypoker and GGPoker. Combined they have a lot of Freerolls.

I’ve just started having some success on the Freerolls too so first goal is the $50 you mentioned.

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deposited my Trump bux and started grinding my way up.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
the right pkt is the right choice, play on the fields where you win and don't tilt.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have exceeded the $100 limit through freerolls in both GG Poker and Pokkerstars. In both poker sites I just had a lot of patience and simply played a small round every day until the $100 was reached. From that point on, I also felt mentally ready to put the money back in and then into bigger tournaments. Maybe this will help you.

N

Naked Flush

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Like Jonathan Little at pokercoaching.com says:

1. Find a game you can beat.
2. Play it a lot.
3. Use good bankroll management