Ever just say Fu*% it and call?

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There have been a few times recently where I'm multitabling and facing multiple heads up or 3 handed games. I make a raise and the villain jams on me. Due to being tired and stressed out I just say fuk it and call. I may have raise with something like KJo and by quick math it is slightly incorrect to call but I do it anyway. Yes because you are tired, a little bit because of your ego, and also you would like to move onto your next game or be able to concentrate on on some other table. I beat myself up for a bit, but maybe this is not so detrimental to my game. For you better players do you find yourselves making this exact call? You would of course love for him to flip over something like K4s, but this rarely happens.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah that surely happens especially when playing 9-man SnGs. We reach heads-up so often in those, and its for so little money, that sometimes I also just want it to be over, so I can either take a much needed break or focus on other tables. And as long as the decision is at least close, its not the biggest deal in the world :)

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I believe that is just inevitable. I wouldn't do it on a final table though. I also believe that I have lost more often than not when doing it although I also won some big pots. Think it's best to just judge the story they're trying to tell you on the spot and see if it makes 100% sense. If you doubt it even 1% then "fu*% and call". If I play multi freerolls, then many of my decisions are made like that, particularly if there's more freerolls coming up or if a more important tournament is closing in. Cash tables I mostly "fu*% it and fold".

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Should add that there is a pretty substantial difference between heads-up and 3-handed game. 3-handed there are still ICM-considerations, regardless if its a SnG or the final table of an MTT. And especially if we are the mid stack we dont want to call off light and let the short stack level up for free.

Heads up however we are just trying to win all the chips, and chips won are exactly as valuable as chips lost. So there is no more incentive to avoid big "flips", and the gap between jamming and calling ranges becomes much smaller. If the opponent is jamming for a reasonable amount like 20BB, then calling with KJ is definitely the standard play.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would like to say I never have but that would be a lie. When I have make that comment to myself there was usually logic behind the call.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too many times for my own good!

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes on tilt it happens to make controversial calls, but here the pot odds and the opponent's stack are of great importance, especially if this is a tournament with knockouts

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. I am guilty. Usually I have entered the pot from earqly position with say AJ suited, say 1/3 of my bank and a player goes all-in.

xXFelaXx

xXFelaXx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i try not to do it that way, sometime i need to be 99% sure about my hand and 5% insegure of my oponent's hand, but needless to say that one or two time i said Fu@7It I call!!

J

Justashot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most of us have been there. You got 2 pair on the flop and your worried about the flush or straight, but say to heck with it and call anyway.

T

Tiltmode1987

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on how much to call and how much money i have left

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Of course, many times.

Taking some risks form time to time isn't bad at all.

L

LosJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eventually, everyone gets in those situations. Sometimes I'm annoyed and call without regarding odds/numbers, etc.

samersv

samersv

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when your stack is less than 5 BB, this idea often comes to mind

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when your stack is less than 5 BB, this idea often comes to mind

And if we are in big blind and facing a shove from a single player, especially in late position, that is usually never going to a big mistake either. pot odds become the overriding factor, and if we fold, now we are down to less than 4 BB and have to pay the SB next. So usually we are on our way out of tournament anyway, and we might as well take our chances with whatever, the dealer gave us.

R

research

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I do but usually with someone who has been consistently LAG and with a hand that I consider has a chance. Sometimes you just DO say F it and hope you nail them :)

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Especially if I have 5 or 6 games going. Card dead and I will shove..

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too Fu*%ing often...........

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Heads up and its Slap and Tickle time. In my warped game theory Its pretty much 50 50 at that stage. I often will slap hard with that bad hand and tickle the supposed good ones.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am more inclined to do this if someone has jammed my raise several times already, at which point your ego kicks in and you won't fold. It is sickening when they flip over KK. Or worse yet it is a complete bluff and they are like 10% to actually win and they do.

Anyways long term I really just take solace that I made the right call regardless of the outcome (without just saying fu#$ it). If you consistently make the right call you will be a winning player.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It feels especially terrible when you have good cards to at least watch the flop, but the opponent makes crazy bets on the preflop. And then you realize that either he will hit the flop, or continue bluffing to get a runner-runner draw. I just tell myself that I don't want to play by someone else's rules and fold.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'm sure i did in the past, but not anymore. i don't ever just say 'fck it' and play a hand just because. that's not a winning strategy or approach to the game.

i always play with the intention of making the best decisions that i can in whatever situation i'm in. if i think my hand is better than my opponents, if i think that i'm getting enough equity to justify a call with effective stacks, or whatever, i always to try to make better decisions than my opponents. it might not always work in my favor or i get in really bad spots at times, but i always put thoughts into my decision and never do anything just because.

i have a self rule that i follow every game i play and it's 'never exit an mtt regretting any of your decisions' and i think this rule helps me keep in line, that every decision i make always has a reason behind it, and nothing is ever done irrationally. that's not to say some of my decisions might be a bit out of line but, again, i always have a reason behind my actions.

i don't know if this makes sense. i don't think i'm getting my point across clearly and if that's so, i apologize.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh yes, such situations are not uncommon for me. Especially if I'm in a hurry somewhere. And it's also funny that there are cases of a positive outcome of such actions. And the game, on the contrary, drags on.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I always want to give my best when I play poker and try as best I can to avoid such situations, but when I only have a few chips left and have no other choice then it happens that I do it because it's either now or never. But then I still don't want to play inferior hands such as 27.

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once in a while, I'm sure it pisses the other people off, but most of the time it's because they've been playing ridiculously anyways.