Ever just say Fu*% it and call?

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the opponent is jamming for a reasonable amount like 20BB, then calling with KJ is definitely the standard play.

Really? I feel this is a little loose, especially against an unknown. I will often assume the other play has an ace or a pair and play accordingly (because they often will) If this is mathematically wrong so be it. There are some better players who are capable of pushing 8 10o, but still at 20bb I prefer to fold. So jamming wide is an effective strategy against me, but if they are too loose they will usually run into a better hand.

I do not want to sound arrogant, but I feel I can outplay the majority of players on the flop, so jamming pre-flop neutralizes that advantage- which is why I hate it, lol. While it is true there are no ICM considerations heads up, in the sit and go's I play 1st place pays out 100% more than 2nd place- which is why I feel calling with KJ at 20bb is a mistake. In many MTT 1st is probably closer to paying out 50% more, which changes things a little.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Really? I feel this is a little loose, especially against an unknown. I will often assume the other play has an ace or a pair and play accordingly (because they often will)

If the player pool is massively unbalanced and only jamming very strong hands, while they call with all their marginal hands and never jam as a bluff, then its obviously fine to adjust by overfolding.

I do not want to sound arrogant, but I feel I can outplay the majority of players on the flop, so jamming pre-flop neutralizes that advantage- which is why I hate it, lol.

Fair enough but at the end of the day the vast majority of heads-up matches do end up with players being all-in preflop. So you are probably just delaying it rather than avoiding it.

While it is true there are no ICM considerations heads up, in the sit and go's I play 1st place pays out 100% more than 2nd place- which is why I feel calling with KJ at 20bb is a mistake. In many MTT 1st is probably closer to paying out 50% more, which changes things a little.

That is purely a psycological thing, since you can basically take the difference between first and second and divide it with two and then pretend, you are playing a heads-up SnG with that buyin. If the difference is 30$, then its a 15$ heads-up SnG, if its 50$, its a 25$ heads up SnG etc.

bojji74

bojji74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played tight once. I played according to the book and, as you think, took 1st place.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many times. Yet, before the variation, the gods are silent!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I just did it and lost tourney life , so close to ITM , I should shove 2pair on turn but instead i called river pot bet , patience should have been the key

T

The Long Shot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just say fuk it and call.

I'd say you've identified possibly one of the biggest leaks in the entire game of poker.

If you can cut out the 'JSFIAC' moments I'm sure it will make a big difference to your results. I know I'm trying every day...

NiallPlays

NiallPlays

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I’ve done it a few times when I think someone is bluffing and I have caught out a few people on the bluff it all depends on the play style as you can’t have great cards each hand and if you’re over betting each hand it tells me you’re bluffing way to much and once I’ve got the right cards I’ll take you down

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens for me to call a river bet when I want to get info about a player but mostly early MTT late play should be more serious play or if you have a real read or when ICM is interesting but never **** it... Specially on FT where pay jumps are big...

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens but in spots where I am not sure what to do, playing KO tourneys, sit and go's its not that that bad to call it off more often with a hand with equity.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There have been a few times recently where I'm multitabling and facing multiple heads up or 3 handed games. I make a raise and the villain jams on me. Due to being tired and stressed out I just say fuk it and call. I may have raise with something like KJo and by quick math it is slightly incorrect to call but I do it anyway. Yes because you are tired, a little bit because of your ego, and also you would like to move onto your next game or be able to concentrate on on some other table. I beat myself up for a bit, but maybe this is not so detrimental to my game. For you better players do you find yourselves making this exact call? You would of course love for him to flip over something like K4s, but this rarely happens.

Depends on situation, if I reached the ITM already in a tourney, and have less than 15-20BB sometimes call, especially 3 way, with small suited connectors, I don't consider it as a fault, often they block their outs. In hyper, even the KJo, or in micros in the late reg phase for building comfortable stack or make a rebuy. Especially if I see, there are 1-2+ guys, whose doing something similar...

In other situations, if I comfortably cover their stacks, sure, sometimes i do it, also depends on opponents.

And yes, sometimes, who you wrote, f*ck it, i call without considering anything above......

EazyMoneySniper

EazyMoneySniper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
w

If the player pool is massively unbalanced and only jamming very strong hands, while they call with all their marginal hands and never jam as a bluff, then its obviously fine to adjust by overfolding.:jd4: :thrasher:

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many Times but not in this words. Just saying at least i just loose. Ok maybe accidential i just said **** it.​

H

happiicake

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is maybe my biggest thing to do in freerolls atleast, especially in the beginning. I feel more reckless, if it goes well.. GREAT but I don't get sad if it goes the other way :)

Deadrabbit

Deadrabbit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course everyone has said fckit and call

It's a major leak in your game, it should never happen but of course it does happen to all of us.
Many times somebody will bluff us over and over and over and finally we say F it and call.
And of course they're holding the nuts
It's almost a form of tilt.
You know they have it but you call it anyway?
The only time we should do this is for a crying call ,
Many times people think they're invested when they're not... Those numbers are really important to understand... It's the little percentages that really make a huge difference in profitability.
You'll hear poker players say well I'm going to keep you honest?
I love it when they keep me honest ��
Except when I'm bluffing ������

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't understand what you're asking.

If I think a call is profitable or close I'll make it, If I don't I'll fold, I don't think "Screw it I'll call" should ever be running through your head unless it was close to begin with in which case you're not losing much even if you're wrong. And even if you were wrong about it being close it's a better thought process than "Screw it I'll call"

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, sometimes vs strange lanes bets

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Happens all the time when the difference in pay for placing is for minor it doesn’t really seem to matter.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't understand what you're asking.

If I think a call is profitable or close I'll make it, If I don't I'll fold, I don't think "Screw it I'll call" should ever be running through your head unless it was close to begin with in which case you're not losing much even if you're wrong. And even if you were wrong about it being close it's a better thought process than "Screw it I'll call"
I complete agree. As I said, maybe I did say 'screw it, I'll call' when I first started playing but, as I improved, I stopped that type of thinking. Every decision I make, even if it's wrong, is never rushed. There always has to be a reason behind my decisions.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I just did it and it didn't work out for me. I thought it did for second when I hit the flop but things took a turn for the worse. Glad they're just freerolls. Now I have to wait for the next game. Oh well.

mobooshka

mobooshka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I make this call sometimes but I always trying to improve my game after.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many times. With many years of experience u develop some kind of gut feeling and u do this type of calls.
Usually 20% of these calls are the right ones for me :)

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There have been a few times recently where I'm multitabling and facing multiple heads up or 3 handed games. I make a raise and the villain jams on me. Due to being tired and stressed out I just say fuk it and call. I may have raise with something like KJo and by quick math it is slightly incorrect to call but I do it anyway. Yes because you are tired, a little bit because of your ego, and also you would like to move onto your next game or be able to concentrate on on some other table. I beat myself up for a bit, but maybe this is not so detrimental to my game. For you better players do you find yourselves making this exact call? You would of course love for him to flip over something like K4s, but this rarely happens.

This does happen to me when I'm nearing the end of a session. Key words there "NEARING END OF SESSION" because I know when I start doing that, that the day needs to be over.

If we are talking about SnG's then yes I do that all the time. But it's more or less based off of my loose understand of Nash Game Theory fundamentals.

Or the third option. If I have enjoyed an adult pop or two and end of being all loosey Goosey. That's a different story hahah

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always stick to the game plan in any situation.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From the moment you admit you found the situation not interesting for a call I think you shouldn't unless you are running hot and you think you can hit live cards maybe KJ against AQ