What do you think of wearing sunglasses at the table?

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I look great in my sexxxy specs. They have little diamonds on the frame.

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, some people just need it, so I think that this is quite normal.

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think a poker player who wants to be the best at poker will not wear glasses. Improving self-control.

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Ivey doesn't like it. I rarely see the best poker players in the world wear those at the tables. But I think it's fine. It doesn't harm the game I think, it is just intimidating to newer players getting stared at the tables.

C

Criminal Bizzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone is wearing sunglasses at the table I like to take a moment to observe them and see if they do anything with their sunglasses. Maybe try and see if I am at a angle to see something behind the sunglasses.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not wear sunglasses at the table. I have no issues with needing sunglasses. My eyesight is excellent so no need for me to wear any sunglasses.

Beatlebug

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes do it only if the lighting is to much

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It looks silly, but it’s effective

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am of the opinion that sunglasses or anything else that obscures the face should be illegal. It takes away from the spirit of the game.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol there was this one poker tournament on tv that was somewhere in canada, I think Montreal or Quebec. Phil lock was wearing ski goggles and was trying to get away with it because it’s Canada. I couldn’t believe they let him where them.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make people look pro-ish, also you can sleep in then tank more often...

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here in Australia I rarely see anyone wear glasses anymore. It was pretty popular near the start of the poker boom. These days it just makes you look like a tool.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think wearing em would be bad at the table because I have eagle eye vision and I could probably make out what hand they have maybe, idk. At the hard rock im rocking a hoodie with earphones cuz its cold in there..lol. I wouldn't but if its allowed, to each his own I guess. Good luck.

Angel v rai

Angel v rai

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that's cool). And the opponent will not see your eyes). Not the slightest hint)

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can read body movements body language I'm not into sunglasses not my thing

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always liked having the option of sunglasses. When I wore them I felt a little bit more 'hidden' or 'protected' from everyone else and thus I could be a little more relaxed.

It's also nice to be able to be able to look wherever without your opponents knowing where you're looking. Useful for picking up tells when they don't think you're observing them.

Typically I don't wear sunglasses when I play anymore, but in the case when I'm playing higher stakes, or say deep in a tournament, I like to have the option as they're a bit of a 'safety blanket' for me I guess.

Gotta be well fitted though, and reflective is ideal!

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play a lot online, in the online tournaments I participated in in neighboring Uruguay, I didn't use anything, clean face, because it was my first time, but I can say the muddy guys I met, only the batman cover was missing, very ornamented, but great players ...the experience was good.

K

Kaothi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, wearing sunglasses at the table is part of the ironically poker-attitude, not more. One time we had a ''who wears the coolest sunglasses'' competition and one fool came with mirrored glasses. :hahaha: :hahaha:

Last edited:
D

Damian Baez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Answer

I think it is in the comfort of each one. Some may think that this way it will be more difficult to read their body expressions before a good hand or a bluff.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Each to there own i say. As long as they aint xray specs or something

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am for following the rules at whatever poker room I am playing. The problem with these "opinion" questions is that there is never any solution. If you play at the same place on a regular basis, it might be worth the effort to try and change the rules. IF you are like me, who plays at a few places within driving distance, but never consider myself a regular player, I just like to know house rules and whatever they are, I do my best to observe them. :confused::confused:

A

AceOfJax

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wear sunglasses at every game (as long as there's enough lighting to see the community cards). I don't wear them to keep people from reading my eyes. I wear them too prevent people from knowing I'm staring at them to get tells. The biggest staple of my game is reading players, so if they don't know I'm paying attention to them it is always key.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Only if the game is played outside and the sky is clear. Don't know how necessary sunglasses could be but I believe the rest of the body language is more important to control. I never liked sunglasses and I don't see a reason why I would play "poker in the dark"(or after dark). But I am up for any costumes. Maybe I'm the first vampire who enjoys the light so much.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't wear it at the table. But if you have involuntary eye movements you can't control guess that is acceptable to wear.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The eyes are the mirror of the Soul and therefore the sunglasses hide the true expression of the eyes. When a question is asked, then the person's reaction betrays him through the reaction of his gaze.