Poker as a job?

HypnoT0AD

HypnoT0AD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
She doesn't understand that poker isn't gambling and its possible to get rich off it. or maybe its the other way around. maybe im wrong.

I'd consider poker gambling, but it can be profitable over the long term as many of the top players are making money.

I'd try taking 1 month out and playing poker and see how it goes, if you are profitable I'm sure she'll understand, if it doesn't go so well then maybe just have it as a hobby.

B

blueleaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Skill
BR management.
and knowing when you need to quit.

--and No 1, find a big fish.

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sincerely, poker is a spectacular game, exciting and full of adrenaline.
Making money playing poker should be even more sensational without a doubt.
Now we're talking about different things.
Studying, doing a college, having a job, a profession is, say, normal for a person.
Learning, contact with friends, with society brings other cultural, intellectual and emotional benefits.
Advice I would not give, maybe a good tip.
Try to do both without harming one another.
I'm sure you will be happier!

Good game and good luck always!

^A^njo

B

blueleaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sincerely, poker is a spectacular game, exciting and full of adrenaline.
Making money playing poker should be even more sensational without a doubt.
Now we're talking about different things.
Studying, doing a college, having a job, a profession is, say, normal for a person.
Learning, contact with friends, with society brings other cultural, intellectual and emotional benefits.
Advice I would not give, maybe a good tip.
Try to do both without harming one another.
I'm sure you will be happier!

Good game and good luck always!

^A^njo

I hate normal life. I want to a peaceful and lazy life.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the examples of others are not for you to believe in your potential but there are some things to take into account .... for example your performance can not be evaluated in two tournaments but in 100 or 200 to get an idea of your ROI, so you need to understand that it is not simple but if you believe you will have good results and seek a poker income, just dedicate yourselfjmateuspoker

tiltman

tiltman

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Every good player has the moment where it all clicks...

I have been playing poker now for over eight years. The first few years I was just going thru the motions, learning the game and just playing thinking that I knew what I was doing. But after that I really started to study the game and became really good at it. There is a moment that you will approach in your poker life where everything just clicks and you finally understand the game on a deeper level. Once you get to that moment and you can crush the lower limit games, then you can consider playing for a living...Just try to keep your bankroll at around 37 buy ins to basically take the risk of going broke out of the equation.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice to know you up'd your game bro! Keep rolling in the dough!

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Poker as a job? Everything is possible in this life. What I do advise is that you should study. Poker is not a simple game, it needs a lot of study and dedication. It is like a marathon you are preparing little by little. You have to follow the advice as to take care of your banckroll and not wanting to skip stages, like wanting to get rich overnight. Because in a second you can lose all your accumulated banckroll and you will regret it, you have to know how to handle it little by little and that way you can succeed. Not everything will be triumphs, there are bad days.

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I believe that gives rather to make money in regular poker playing poker I have friends who work normal and play recreational poker more still make money.
I dropped out of college. It wasn't for me even tho I got good grades. Ive studied poker for the last two months. I got first place in a couple of freerolls. My girlfriend wants me to get a real job. Ive only played in MTT's. Am I crazy or is it really possible to get rich playing poker. People think Im crazy. Am I being unrealistic?

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Currently I have 4 months living poker, and my modalities to play are Mtts and cash, to make this decision influenced several factors, mainly the economy and current crisis in my country Venezuela, 1 dollar costs almost 4 million currently in my local currency, and the salary is at less than a monthly dollar. I mean that being at home and playing poker earned more than being an employee, that's why my situation and desicion, your circumstances may be different, that's why you have to take into account many factors. First conseo you have good banking management and that your game is solid to keep results ascending, otherwise you will end up without a girlfriend and frustrated. Successes

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Real job men and take poker as a side job.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you have a big bank roll, you might last awhile,
unless you are good at it.

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion if you want to win enough from poker to be able to actually pay all your bills and all other things that you need first you have to become a pro poker player; that means to play poker at high level meaning you have to participate at big prizes tournaments regularly and finish its in money almost all the time.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are just going to play poker, you are waiting for problems and disappointments if for this you have quit your job and do not have the means to live.
poker is a difficult road to good money.
At first it should be mastered much better than the first level.