Is it possible to make true friends at a poker table?

D

Donkmaster_Flex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, but it’s weird if you think about it. when you sit down at a table, everybody is there because they’re trying to legally rob one another. Just putting it bluntly lol

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trues friends don't lie to you and bluff or slow play AA. lol
At our local poker clubs, I have made many good friends and iv turned friends into enemies at east at the table that is!

M

maxmaster10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have 3 friends of mine who plays poker like me, and we were playing together at the same table...

kidkarioka

kidkarioka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it is possible. I have 2 friends who play poker together over the weekend. The only problem is that we know how to play each other. So it's recreational poker among friends.

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when i went to the weekly live games in my town , i made of my best friends till this day :)
I wish we had live games going on around here stull , the great greats still have me smiling

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course..any1 who takes your money and wants to drink beer wit ya is all good. My friends get crazy and shoot guns n shit when they get knocked out. We play rebuys for the first hour or 2 so there is always good action. I got a new ar thats got blue triggers and barrel that ill bust out. Good luck

MsUniverse

MsUniverse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, you can, the main thing is to translate acquaintance at the poker table into communication in social networks

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure! :) We are real people with real feelings and thoughts. Don't be afraid to get closer to online poker community, maybe you'll find your best friend our your upcoming relationship one day in it. ;)

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes! The majority of poker players are the most honest poepleI know away from the table!

S

satriyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Of course yes

Of course yes. I know groups that play from a very young age. And they are friends for life. Of course, they play for pleasure rather than money.:):icon_sant

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Making Friends at poker

Yes, good friends and some fiends.

:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is more likely on real tables than online were maybe you are going to the same place and meeting the same people. In huge mtts it seems more unlikely you will form a particular bond with someone.

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It absolutely is possible to make true friends at a poker table. The nature of the game and money being involved certainly present a different level of internal challenges, but many friends meet from, and engage in, competitive activities, such as sports. At the table you are trying to win. Just like on the court.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank God and I had the happiness and the opportunity to have good friends, at a poker table, I think that if it is possible to get a very good friendship, I have friends from various parts of South America, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Colombia among others.

O

ogsanfrancisco

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Friends....Family.....Aquaintances.....and opponents

it is simple for me.....
a home game is a home game......
on $$real money$$ wagering sites that I roll over tens of thousands of dollars per year I meet opponents....kings....queens....jesters....and polished crafts men and women....something to learn from them all....dont have pictures of a single one on my mantel...or mine on
theirs....
relationships can be nurtured...but at the tables I am in battle ....sometimes with a smile....sometimes with a sword....:deal:

always get your bread from the baker
and meat from the butcher
and you will have a sandwich

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course yes. The poker tables are full of good people from different parts of the world.

T

tweezer_reraise

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i personally have found it easier to make friends online, through forums/sites. i feel the live scene - alot of times at least - almost seems too anti social ( head phones, glasses, hoodies etc) making it a little tougher. good luck at the tables

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Absolutely! I started playing a 20 to 30 player home game last June. Made alot of friends and a couple "true friends". You can visit with everybody and become friends, but the ones that reach out, socialize, meet families, talk, become true friends.

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in poker havent friend.. its a game who competitions its that you need to win the game so its not problem to havent friends in game!!