Is it normal to lose with the best game, being with fewer chips?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Bad beats are a normal part of the game, unfortunately. The more you play, the more of them will occur to you.

I am also having my favourite cards getting cracked several times, only today and also yesterday.

It's part of the mental game to accept that and overcome it.

If you feel it is too much of bad beats for a day, stop playing and take a break. When you have some energy again, see if the poker gods have better plans for your new start. :)

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing Any hands are normal, sometimes playing certain hands you may end up walking into a bigger hand. Bad beats happen all the time, sometimes you have to have some luck. Without luck you may not make it into tournaments deep, but with just a little of luck you may end up winning tournaments. Also betting properly will take out certain hands , that çould end up taking you out. Betting and re raising also have parts to do with, hands that shouldn't be in the hand. You learn as you play for years, becoming very experienced in how betting and raising gets those hands out. No matter whatever you do, bad beats always happen even to the best. Luck is important at certain times,of tournaments.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bad beats are common in both online and in-person poker. The game is not rigged to favor this or that player. After all, the distribution of hands is random among the players at the tables. But if you get AA you are not the supreme, unbeatable God of the table at that moment. A villain with 29o who sees a 22 on the flop knocks you out. So the question is what to do if you have AA. There are factors that make this hand stronger:
1. Your position.
2. What the players before you did.
Poker is not like chess where you look at every piece on the board and define your move. The other day I watched an FT of a 250K GTD tournament where the guy folded an All in with AA preflop. He would have a set on the flop and would have lost to a straight on the river if he had played. I would have lost. I would pay with AA in hand. Instead of asking if it's okay to lose with the strongest hand, ask where I went wrong to lose with the strongest hand, as everything changes after the flop and keeps moving on the turn and river.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happened twice, I broke the AA with K 10 suited, I cracked my 10. And I lost the AA to AJ suited
yeah one pair on this chart isnt so hot
s-l500.png

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the value of the pair only matters comparatively if your opponent also has a pair
Your'e putting the Pockets on a pedestal

and we all know what happens then

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
yes it's ok i think you did it right

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
You played well.
I tell you, my most unusual experience years ago was having entered a cash table at unibet poker with 30 euros. In 20 minutes I only played 3 hands of 30 euros each hand. All 3 hands I had AA all in, I really don't remember the hands of the opponents or if they were bad beats or not, but the reality is that the 3 hands with AA I lost.
Since that day I did not play any more cash tables. I only play SNG and MTT.
Poker is like that brother, you have to get used to it.
As friend Andyreas said, if you get a lot of badbeats in a row, take a little break and start your daily routine again. That way luck begins to be by your side again.
greetings friend;););)

MK_

MK_

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
US
Chips
Well just to state the obvious if you lost you did not have the best hand, all the cards count to make the best hand not just the preflop ones... yes it's totally normal to lose with one pair

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Everything is normal by poker. All is possible and can happend.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It all evens out in the end. Just keep on doing the right thing....your A game...and you will come out on top

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It happened twice, I broke the AA with K 10 suited, I cracked my 10. And I lost the AA to AJ suited
This is absolutely normal. Don't worry, this is poker, everything is possible here and what is possible is normal :)

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Obvious it's sad when you lose versus a bad beat, but in the long run, you want this "bad calls" because you gonna win more than lose

V

VladB850

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last week I had lost with AA 4 times in a row, freeroll or cash games. Once I lost against Q 5 not suited and I hit an A on the flop. But with the 3 on the flop 2 on the turn and 4 on the river the opponent made the straight

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think so, it seems that the poker platform system wants to get you out so you can recharge, that's my opinion

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Low odds are often underestimated by players. Unfortunately, not always having a good hand is a guarantee of winning.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Unfortunately, bad beats are a normal part of the game. The more you play, the more you can think of.

I also have my favorite cards broken several times, just today and also yesterday.

It's part of the mental game to accept that and overcome it.

If you feel like it's too bad beats for a day, stop playing and take a break. When you have some energy back, see if the poker gods have better plans for your fresh start.:)
the pure truth in simple words I think the same thing:D

V

vivili171

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No because online you are hardly going to win when you have less chips today I had AQ opposing 22 then flop A 3 4 then I went all in because I already read you opponent then what fell the 2 Q he tripped and I two Pair I don't trust a lot in online poker.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
The more often you at poker,the more often your gonna see your top pairs loose.

Unless your going all in preflop, don't be afraid the let those top pairs go if you need to.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
variance is an evil thing, you need to remember that in live it is monstrously high, and given the pot, odds can run over your top hand with a fairly wide range

F

farro814

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
dont let them fool you getting it in bad and small stack wioll win 80+ online

badbanking79

badbanking79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DK
Chips
Here is a little info

"Pocket aces win 85% of the time against one opponent holding the random hand in Texas Holdem. Although the percentage varies greatly depending on the opponent’s hand and the number of opponents. 85% is the odds to win when AA goes all-in preflop. Odds change on later streets."

lincolnroyal

lincolnroyal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hasael Good Afternoon

It's common to see players talk about this issue, placing as favorites who has the most chips... this always happens and the complaint is always the same, something that many rule out how great the variance is and how cruel it can be... But I don't think it's normal but rather something in the game, far from being a scholar, but that always happens.

MamaBearMarsh

MamaBearMarsh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Bad beats are a part of poker, especially online poker. The “best” cards are no longer the best cards once you’re playing online

Top 10 Games Poker Chips - History of Chips