Eating at the poker table: should it be allowed, or not?

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I dont think so XD
Maybe just some amendoins XD
God bless

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
In my opinion, poker players should not be allowed to eat food at the table. This risks dirtying the cards, chips and table. A player who wants to eat something should leave the table and take a break. Only bottled drinks should be allowed.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it can be allowed. At least I wouldn't mind my opponents eating if they're hungry :)
.... but really, the menu should probably be specially designed for this.

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't support eating at tables, dinner break is for that.

Antonioadv

Antonioadv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Should poker players be allowed to eat at the table? Explain your answer. If yes, can it be any kind of food or only specific foods?

b43289952da36e2f3405306c38d3ef20.gif
I don't agree, if the person wants to eat they just have to get up and let the game continue, I don't think it's polite nor practical, as it could dirty the table and disturb other players.

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I don't know much about live poker. But I think that eating at the poker table is not very nice, for this you need to take breaks from the game. I think it is quite possible to drink water.

J

johnadams1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its annoying for the other players. Dinner breaks or spaces of times like that are the answer. Personally ive never eaten at the table even if others did.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It should not be allowed, in every sport there is a break, which is done precisely for these situations, eating can end up causing unpleasant situations such as dirtying the table, and the cards in the deck, causing inconvenience to everyone at the table, the exception is just one bottle of water, nothing more than that, as soft drinks, juices, etc., could stain the table and dirty the cards in the same way, causing harm to everyone, including the owners of the establishment.

Last edited:
10gerka

10gerka

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends, because first it is annoying to see people eating next to you, the smell of food some people dislike, it is not the same as you eating, they should take advantage of the break to do it.

SES Inc.

SES Inc.

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
I think a little table by the poker table would be an appropriate. That way if you were hungry you could eat close by the action and not bother anyone.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think, no. Eating during the game, during serious events, is somehow not very good. I think everyone who is hungry can be patient and wait for a break.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
Should poker players be allowed to eat at the table? Explain your answer. If yes, can it be any kind of food or only specific foods?

b43289952da36e2f3405306c38d3ef20.gif
yes they should be allowed to eat but not (ON) the table but other table on the side

because poker is a long game and we need food in our stomach to be able to think properly

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that poker clubs and events should have a separate one time session meal break approximately 30 min in a session just for players to get energized!! but eating at the table is a bit tricky I think in so many ways including respecting other players you know.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you have to eat something, leave the table, eat, clean your hands, then come back. its not hard to do.

350TMAX

350TMAX

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Thats what breaks are for in tourneys..... Eating , smoking, toilet breaks etc....Cash tables people can just sit out (if its allowed) or leave to go have lunch nearby and eat before returning for play....

Saul2025

Saul2025

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I'm not a hug fan of prevention. Adults are responsible for results of their behaviours.
So, there's nothing to talk about until we respect each other.

Completely different situation we have if someone disturbs to other players.
What bothers more? Eating of protein bar or permanent chit-chat?

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Should be allowed :)

just make sure it's dry food and be considerate of others at the table

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's cool they can order food and eat at the table, we don't want people hangry lol,
we also have people with conditions who may need to eat more often.
how people eat doesn't bother me I don't have to watch them.
I would have some rules on messy eaters and those holding up the game with some kind of penalties.
maybe a limited menu on what can be ordered at the table.
in long tournaments, people should have the option for sure, and in cash games, we don't need people sitting out to go eat. JMO

Tadi

Tadi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Eating during the game should not be allowed. There is a possibility of dirtying the table, as well as the cards with which they would be marked, chewing food could affect the concentration of other players. Overall, I find that consuming a dish during a game would be uncultured.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Eating at the poker table while playing poker t the same time is huge NO for me.

There is no some very deep reason for why it isn't good, it's just that it isn't aesthetically pleasing and it could also leave marks on the cards, the chips, etc....If you play a cash game you can make a break any time you want and leave the table, so no problem. If you participate in a tourney, there are breaks from time to time where you can have a snack or a small meal, so no problem too. After each day of the MTT is over you can visit the hotel's restaurant and eat as much as you want. Chewing gum or drinking water, coffee, some drink is OK.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't be nice if someone ate at the poker table. I think there should be breaks for this.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I think it should be allowed, as tournaments can go on for hours and players need to keep their energy up. It's hard to say what foods, but some messy foods like crisps should be banned.

K

khancerberos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BO
Chips
Solo debería permitirse en juegos de póquer con dinero real , en torneos debería prohibirse ya que hay pausas para esto

English Translation

It should only be allowed in real money poker games, in tournaments it should be banned as there are breaks for this

Last edited by a moderator:
Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I never played a live game to be fair but I totally understand that you get hungry after 6-8 hours of play. Gd

So, I think it should be allowed to eat some "dry" food that doesn't make any loud noises or "crumbs" a lot. It should definitely not disturb the other players a lot and definitely shouldn't "spread" accross the table or dirty your hands or cards. 😅

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No. I don't think I should be able to eat at the poker table.
Because food brings a little grease and dirt, when we play we must always have clean and sanitized hands to pick up the cards and play, even if a card is marked by food stains or grease, it will greatly disrupt the course of the tournament.