Eating at the poker table: should it be allowed, or not?

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In the poker clubs I played and worked at, players were allowed to eat at the poker table. But they did not eat above the table itself, but the waiter placed a mobile table next to the player and all the food was on this table. As a dealer, I didn’t really like this, because players are often distracted from the game in such situations and they constantly need to be reminded that it is their turn to make a decision. It also happened that a player grabbed the cards with greasy hands, I didn’t like that either. But I think it would probably be wrong to prohibit eating at the poker table. Especially if the player has been playing for 24 hours and is losing a decent amount of money. Or, for example, allowing players to eat only at VIP tables, where the game is played for big money.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe it would be a good idea not to eat enough greasy things to avoid greasing the cards.
Furthermore, I believe that some accessory like an auxiliary table is necessary.
In these cases, I don't see any problem.

Some tournaments (if applicable) have a break, which could be used for eating, but as I said, there would be no problem having eaters at the table where I play.