Eating at the poker table: should it be allowed, or not?

aurora1207

aurora1207

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I see that poker players should be allowed to eat at the table.
provided that it does not disturb the other players and that it is just fast food or snacks.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that eating at a poker table should be ban if you want to eat you should get up from the table and go eat and then come back, I disagree with people eating at a table because people like to lick their fingers and then touch the cards that's disrespecting other poker players.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to be a yes on this, but now I would say no.
I think it can compromise the cards by getting grease on them among other things. If you are at a cash game you can take a break w/o losing your spot and if it's a tournament there are breaks.
What happens when someone for whatever reason has a spill on the playing surface?
No food at the table keeps things clean and disease free.

f_lampa

f_lampa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
which players is this about? if it's about people like me, of course you can :)
some kind of sandwich or coffee with a cookie

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I see no reason to ban players from eating, but clearly the menu should be specially designed for such events.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to eat while playing poker, poker is a long game it's normal to get hungry even though you have eaten on breaks

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Eat at the Poker table?!. I think, this is possibly... Why not?! Main, that the other players were not against!
And Food should, by my opinion, to be compact and don't to dirt the Poker table!

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that eating should be allowed at the poker table, but players should be a bit sensible when choosing what to eat.
Salads, sandwiches are fine but eating a curry or any food with a strong smell should be avoided as should munching on
a big bag of noisy potato crisps(UK) Chips(US) is not recommended. As long as you have a bit of consideration for your fellow
players of course food should be allowed.

hjuosh

hjuosh

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
🤢 Very disgusting see players touching their mouths and later touching the cards. I think could be possible if is just a snack, like a protein bar and no more.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Should poker players be allowed to eat at the table? Explain your answer. If yes, can it be any kind of food or only specific foods?

b43289952da36e2f3405306c38d3ef20.gif
Only buffalo chicken wings or sticky ribs, everything else is offensive.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Should be allowed of course. Especially in tourneys, they can last long time and then when break happens last thing you wanna do is waste your break on getting food. Any kind of food is probably fine but maybe not crunchy foods like potato chips

Niveau1

Niveau1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
In my opinion, eating at the poker table is a disregard for other players. Not only is the game flow disrupted, but it is also usually eaten with the fingers and the chips and cards are affected as a result. Food residues and traces of fat are simply unfriendly.
Even during our monthly home game, we take a meal break away from the table.

R

ronaldonobre

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Os jogadores de pôquer deveriam poder comer à mesa? Explique sua resposta. Se sim, pode ser qualquer tipo de alimento ou apenas alimentos específicos?

I don't see a problem as long as the player doesn't make noise or something like that can take away the concentration of those who are in the action, and that it's not some kind of food that can dirty the deck or table.
Because we have different biological clocks, sometimes you can't wait until a break and when I'm hungry I can't concentrate myself, so I can't make the best decision in action.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
No eating starve or blind away :giggle: JK

Yes players should be allowed to eat at tables. Just no chewing while in middle of hand or dirty the cards or chips.

I don't want ketchup with my chips when you pay me :giggle:

Grzegorz00pl

Grzegorz00pl

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Should poker players be allowed to eat at the table? Explain your answer. If yes, can it be any kind of food or only specific foods?

I worked in corporations and similar question always was asked. Eat at desk or go to kitchen. At work there is "BHP"(in Poland - it is about rules at work - health and safety at work) and we must go to Kitchen. In poker, however, one hand can decide the fate of the tournament.I personally eat while playing. I have a monitor and a plate in front of me. I'm trying to be careful with food and drinks.
But the best way is to sit at the table with full belly (not hungry) There is alwayse 5 minutes pause - once per hour. It is a time for smoke, eat snickers. But dinner should be eaten before We start play. And Brakfest too. I do bad - I play 24h xD so I must eat playing poker. But You don't do this.

Before sitting at a poker table, one should eat and be prepared to play for a while without food till break time.
Eating at poker table is not prohibited as far as I know, but it is not a life-or-death situation either, waiting two or three hours wouldn't kill anyone and would certainly be more appropriate. But if it's really necessary for whatever reason, a couple of cereal or energy bars would hit the spot without the mess.
So, in my opinion, any kind of messy food should not be allowed at the poker table.

PS : A nice stack of pancakes with that much syrup might be difficult to resist though 🤪.
I agree 100%. If You want to play well or PRO - You have to be prepared for playing. Some turnaments are very long.

I my personal opinion it should be allowed to eat with fork and knive but not with hands so the cards and chips do not get dirty.

I once saw phil helmuth in a video how he directly tried to bite in the middle of a sandwich and this was a very bizarre moment.
I don't see too much Mister Helmut. But in my opinion He is "Black Charackter" in Poker Wolrld because of his "Tilt Behaviour" at the table. When You eat fish or chicken You will use hands so cards will be dirty. If You eat spagetti it can also make Cards dirty... or eating soups...

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I my personal opinion it should be allowed to eat with fork and knive but not with hands so the cards and chips do not get dirty.

I once saw phil helmuth in a video how he directly tried to bite in the middle of a sandwich and this was a very bizarre moment.

OnasOO

OnasOO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it depends where and who you play with.
If you are with friends after work, then where not to have a snack :)
If it’s at a tournament, even for a long time, it’s not decent.
I can imagine, I’m sitting at a tournament, I went all-in, I’m nervous, and there’s a slurping noise next to me. My hands are already full :))

Marcwantstowin

Marcwantstowin

Member of the T.S.T
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I worked in corporations and similar question always was asked. Eat at desk or go to kitchen. At work there is "BHP"(in Poland - it is about rules at work - health and safety at work) and we must go to Kitchen. In poker, however, one hand can decide the fate of the tournament.I personally eat while playing. I have a monitor and a plate in front of me. I'm trying to be careful with food and drinks.
But the best way is to sit at the table with full belly (not hungry) There is alwayse 5 minutes pause - once per hour. It is a time for smoke, eat snickers. But dinner should be eaten before We start play. And Brakfest too. I do bad - I play 24h xD so I must eat playing poker. But You don't do this.

I agree 100%. If You want to play well or PRO - You have to be prepared for playing. Some turnaments are very long.

I don't see too much Mister Helmut. But in my opinion He is "Black Charackter" in Poker Wolrld because of his "Tilt Behaviour" at the table. When You eat fish or chicken You will use hands so cards will be dirty. If You eat spagetti it can also make Cards dirty... or eating soups...

@Grzegorz00pl

I have merged your posts. You are only meant to post once in these submission threads. Please read the message I have sent you.

You will only ever receive one lot of VIP chips for any submission.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Currently in live games you usually take a 30 or 45 minute break to eat something... you can't sit all day without eating, but eating at the table seems in bad taste to me.

Maybe a snack, but a lunch for example, seems rude to me.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
@Grzegorz00pl

I have merged your posts. You are only meant to post once in these submission threads. Please read the message I have sent you.

You will only ever receive one lot of VIP chips for any submission.
Granted I don't really pay attention to a lot of the rules on boards like this, but I've never even heard of a "submission thread" anywhere. Are those threads started by one of the administrators (or whatever they are called here)? Thank you for the help. :)

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not for me. Can get food/grease/crumbs etc on the cards and chips and table. Just a nasty mess.

BOXING71

BOXING71

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
**Eating at the poker table: should it be allowed, or not?**.
Well, it really depends on the stakes of the game. If you're playing for peanuts, then go ahead and munch away. But if you're playing for high steaks, you might want to hold off on the snacking and keep your eyes on the prize! 😂🥩♠️

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Hi :)
I see no reason to ban players from eating, but clearly the menu should be specially designed for such events.
Why the need of eating at the table?...
Take your time to eat in the dinnerbreak.
And for cashgame...even more easier. Just stand up get smth to eat and come back to the table afterwards..

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It seems like there has already been such a question on the forum; my opinion is that eating at the poker table would not be superfluous. You can snack on sandwiches or buns and drink water or tea. But it's unacceptable to put a bowl of hot soup on the table; if the tournaments are long, you can take a 30-minute break for lunch or dinner every 4-5 hours.

R

Ron112355

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't have a problem with it as long as they keep the food on a side table and it is a food you eat with a spoon or fork and is not greasy finger foods, I have actually been in pub tournaments and have seen people order chicken wings and they will lick their fingers to get the sauce of,,,yuk
Oh and don't get me started on the disgusting smell of Blue Cheese wafting across the table :eek: