Do you play better live or online?

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course i play better live. online too many software used against you and holdem manager and solution on flop turn river and how many bet, and win almost always best hand preflop... at live only your skill if there is no cheating... and still at live weak players happens often

Derifish17

Derifish17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely play better live I have had a few decent cashes live but not so many online 😓

nobodysf00l

nobodysf00l

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online or Live

I like both for their advantages. online poker gives you much more opportunity to play, both tourneys and cash games. It is also, in my lowly estimation, more of a numbers game. Game Theory is much more effective becuase the game is computer generated and computers don't have the ability to emulate the "people" aspect. Exploitation is not eliminated, but is harder to execute because your not face to face with your opponants, and it is harder to get a read on them or or get in their heads, etc.

Live is a whole different world. And I enjoy it thouroughly because it gives me more information to work with and more "tools" to work with. It is where I started and I draw on those lessons every time I play. It made my overall game much better because of the immense pressure that comes with the live game.

CardsChat you ROCK!!! Thank you for all the opportunity you provide for so many...

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fell like you, I play much better live. I am guessing because it feels more like you are losing more when you have real chips sitting in front of you. Like you said, I make very bad mistakes and decisions online. Its also easier to read people if your sitting across from them and looking at them in the eye

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play much better online. I've played probably a couple million hands online and tiny fraction of that live. Online I can see everyone's bet in front of them and how much is in the pot, pot odds, implied odds,etc. It is almost subconscious. I sit down at a live game and I'm lost. I have trouble sizing up stacks, I forget who's in the hand, and I generally make poorer decisions.

One plus playing live is I can get a read on other players, but they can do the same to me.

I seem to be in the minority of those who prefer online play.

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live. I am a better live player and always will be. I am so far behind the ball on HUDs ect . that I don't even care to try and be serious online . I use online play for fun, to try new concepts and to perfect play on certain hands. I don't try to be a superhero online. It's unregulated and nobody really knows anymore if we are in a fair game or not unless you are on one of the 3 sites that allow poker players in the US.

Live play is the holy Grail for a reason. Online will never compare. ever.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's doesn't metter, I try to play my best in my life and even more. Be better than yourself every day.

S

Smokewood

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online is just harder.
More people are playing seriously, less fish are playing to just have fun, and it's probably easier to cheat online.

A

amniasti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi please im much better in online poker really im bad in live poker i try many times but im bad

F

Fryesmetalroofs777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play alot better at live games most of the time. Being able to visualize my opponent gives me a more accurate read on them. When i play online i can somewhat read people but whenever they switch up their game i get confused sometimes.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the online tournament is very different
you play against your opponents and you see them
if you are in it and you don't know who you are playing with, it's different

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i feel live is more enjoyable, as it's more engaging and more intersting.

X

Xpka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Only live, online I am so bad, that I want to cry :))) still can't understand playing style online

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I really love poker live and online. But better I can play live poker. It's much easier for me to play when I see my opponent live. There are no different programs in live poker, everything depends on itself there and I really like it. In online poker I like the fact that I can play at home, at any time of the day, lying on the couch), but in online poker I play worse.

Kajirr

Kajirr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently moved to Paris for some time and bought French property so I don't know live poker studios here yet. I play online now. Seems it is harder even there is variety of tournaments.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I had no chance to play live poker but I had no poker face so I guess I would failed for sure.

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
After a year of absence from the game, I play for about a week and now I only have + $ 4. In rel game i only play three times and my progress is about the same. I can say, I probably play bad poker both live and online)

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm certainly more comfortable live at the table. Online I feel like I make less smart decisions and I win more money live.

Real poker is very rare, so I think I play better in virtual poker

fredastar777

fredastar777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
l have never play live... its slow doesnt it? its worth to try? because lm not very intersted in that unless its really cool new experance

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play better in live tables than online also, online is really hard to focus on and play consistent style.

X

Xpka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I enjoy live play, more real than playing against a computer.

Organize a Home Poker Game