acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes. If there are criteria for assigning a different value to the five swirl chip vs the 4 swirl chips, they are not evident in the puzzle - at least not to me. This old guy could use a 3 swirl or 6 swirl chip in one of the other equations to help me determine whether or not the number of swirls is a critical factor or simply a bogus chip.

Agreed - this test does challenge us to discover a logical sequence.

Can we add 'seduction', just for fun?

While I find these challenges interesting, they no longer stress me out. If I get stuck, so be it. Life is too short, and getting shorter, to stress out over these things.
Send me a private message when you are ready and willing to share the right answer.
In the meantime, I will be doing other things to fill my retirement lifestyle.
Thanks for the challenge.

Add seduction? We can? With me, it's not 8 or 80, it's 69! If you know what I mean. (Just kidding! laughs) Then, joking apart, the question is a whole set of factors that determine the final answer. I think you understood the question very well. And by the way, in the same way that if you put 3 or 6, or even, change the A's to diamonds or clubs with 4 cards (deducting like 8) instead of just one, for example, you will create another challenge. In short, you must be a bit of a detective to unravel the issue.

EvaQueen777

EvaQueen777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Logical reasoning test use patterns, sequences and shapes to test a person's logical ability. Here's the challenge: Use the images to make the equation true.

Are you ready? Let's see the numbers.

View attachment 274902
Hello.
4 + 4 + 4 = 12
6 + 6 + 4 = 16
6 + 2 + 2 = 10
2-6+3x4= (3x4)=12
-4+12=8:D

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'd say 8, but how one can be sure about value of single black ace? We just know that black+red ace sums to 6, but are they equal?

Now you understand why the test is called logical reasoning. To resolve this issue it is necessary to analyze the whole set and also make some deductions through the data presented. Now look again and see if you are able to solve it. :)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
What we know is that the 2 aces are equal to 6 but do the different suits represent different values?
In some card games the suits are different values and in order of assent they start off --- Hearts then Clubs, Diamonds and Spades.
Spades being of the highest value so therefore it would be impossible to work out unless you knew the individual value of each suit.
Also as there is no gain in solving the problem.

WHY BOTHER! :):):):):):)

A

AS7777777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2-6+3×4=8. A little care and knowledge of mathematical rules.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Logical reasoning test use patterns, sequences and shapes to test a person's logical ability. Here's the challenge: Use the images to make the equation true.

Are you ready? Let's see the numbers.

View attachment 274902

My post # 82 on this thread.
Would you please reply to my post so that i can understand whether i was right or wrong.
Here is the recap.

I think, the answer is zero.
The value of A is 1, as we all see in a straight A,2,3,4,5
So,
2 - 6 + 1 x 4 = 0
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]UNQUOTE
[/FONT]

bapfel

bapfel

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
2 - 6 + (3 x 4) = 8 assuming that the different aces have the same value

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My post # 82 on this thread.
Would you please reply to my post so that i can understand whether i was right or wrong.
Here is the recap.

I think, the answer is zero.
The value of A is 1, as we all see in a straight A,2,3,4,5
So,
2 - 6 + 1 x 4 = 0
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]UNQUOTE
[/FONT]

The result on the second line should remain 16 (instead of 6, if you are assuming that A's is equal to 1) and on the third line should remain 10 (instead of 5, if you are assuming that A's is equal to 1). In this sense, you can see that your result is inconsistent.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4+4+4=12
6+6+4=16
6+2+2=10
2-6+3Х4=2-6+12=2-18= -16

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What we know is that the 2 aces are equal to 6 but do the different suits represent different values?
In some card games the suits are different values and in order of assent they start off --- Hearts then Clubs, Diamonds and Spades.
Spades being of the highest value so therefore it would be impossible to work out unless you knew the individual value of each suit.
Also as there is no gain in solving the problem.

WHY BOTHER! :):):):):):)

Nice try! However, different suits don't represent different values in this case, because there is no combination. What you're explaining is just in the sense of the order of the cards and not another value.

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wrong!

Wrong!
2-6 + (3 * 4) = 2-6 + 12 = -4 + 12 = 8

Answer: 8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!