Ohiggins

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice

2 - 6 + 3 x 4 = 8

Poker Jokes?

Why should you never play poker with a crocodile?

You will lose every hand

:ciao:

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
42. If you get this, you're my friend for life! :D

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It's incorrect! Keep trying, because this type of exercise is a great logical reasoning training, that is, an "amusement park" for the brain.

2-6+3*4 is actually an incorrect "writing" mathematically, hence the confusion. It could be : 2-6+(3*4) which is obviously 8. Or 2-(6+(3*4)) = -16. Or 2-(6+3)*4 = -34. Or (2-6+3)*4 = -4. Let alone the fact that we don't know for sure if the 2 aces have the same value (3) ! Everyone just assumed that. Even in poker the spade is more valuable :). Please let me know what's going on here. thank you. Great post by the way.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
2-6+3*4 is actually an incorrect "writing" mathematically, hence the confusion. It could be : 2-6+(3*4) which is obviously 8. Or 2-(6+(3*4)) = -16. Or 2-(6+3)*4 = -34. Or (2-6+3)*4 = -4. Let alone the fact that we don't know for sure if the 2 aces have the same value (3) ! Everyone just assumed that. Even in poker the spade is more valuable :). Please let me know what's going on here. thank you. Great post by the way.

Yes! As already mentioned above i also took a while to resolve the issue and i can tell you that the the level of this challenge for me was difficult.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

the answer is 8

rgds

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
42. If you get this, you're my friend for life! :D

Is it the meaning of life? hahahaha many people say this as the answer to inexplicable questions. We must remember that this number was only suggested as a joke by british comedian Douglas Adams.

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You cannot really to answer this question.
To have one answer you need to make an asssumption that Ace of Spades equals to Ace of Hearts.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Logical reasoning test use patterns, sequences and shapes to test a person's logical ability. Here's the challenge: Use the images to make the equation true.

Are you ready? Let's see the numbers.

View attachment 274902

Don't really think you can solve an equation when there are 2 numbers missing (you don't know what value the ace of spade has and you don't know how much the outcome is)
If you knew what the outcome or the value of the ace of spade was it was immediately solvable.;)
And so far i can see, i can tell that the ace of spade is not 3:)

So that leaves our primary question still unanswered, but if you would say that the value of the ace of spade is 3 then you have so many answers.
-4 ,-28, 8, -34, this all depends on where you put the ( ) brackets.
Buttt if you look at the question above there are no answers in minus sooo that leaves the 8 as only possible logical answer... i think:rolleyes:

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I had to do it three times but the answer is 8

The Riff_Raff :cool:

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it the meaning of life? hahahaha many people say this as the answer to inexplicable questions. We must remember that this number was only suggested as a joke by british comedian Douglas Adams.

M (13) + A (1) + T (20) + H (8) = 42 :D

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Don't really think you can solve an equation when there are 2 numbers missing (you don't know what value the ace of spade has and you don't know how much the outcome is)
If you knew what the outcome or the value of the ace of spade was it was immediately solvable.;)
And so far i can see, i can tell that the ace of spade is not 3:)

So that leaves our primary question still unanswered, but if you would say that the value of the ace of spade is 3 then you have so many answers.
-4 ,-28, 8, -34, this all depends on where you put the ( ) brackets.
Buttt if you look at the question above there are no answers in minus sooo that leaves the 8 as only possible logical answer... i think:rolleyes:

What i can tell you is that common sense deceives us, even because after you can solve the test you perceive that the result is obvious.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Yes! As already mentioned above i also took a while to resolve the issue and i can tell you that the the level of this challenge for me was difficult.

For a challenge to be difficult or not, it has to be put (written) correctly first. That one is missing info. The value of the aces for instance.
What issue did you solve exactly ?

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You cannot really to answer this question.
To have one answer you need to make an asssumption that Ace of Spades equals to Ace of Hearts.

Yes, it is possible, you can trust! Look with a little more attention and try again that you will be able to solve it.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
the answer is 8 let it go spade heart there both the same gee :hmmmm2:

The Riff_Raff :cool:

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For a challenge to be difficult or not, it has to be put (written) correctly first. That one is missing info. The value of the aces for instance.
What issue did you solve exactly ?

It's funny, because after finally finish the solution, perceives that the answer was there all the time. Keep trying! Sometimes, common sense deceives us.

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Chip is 12/3 = 4
Rockets are (16-4)/2 = 6
Dealer button is (10-6)/2 = 2
So 2 - 6 + (3x4) = 8
Just remember that multiplication is a primary function, compared to addition/subtraction.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
one last try . I might sound stupid with these guesses but I dont care lol

either -48

or 4

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
one last try . I might sound stupid with these guesses but I dont care lol

either -48

or 4

This is called persistence, it is the key to success. Although incorrect, this is the way. I added a video below as an inspiration. See with good eyes, keep trying! ;)

carmenzu

carmenzu

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
IF Ah= 1 => As=5

(2-6 +5) 4= 4
1x4 =4

?=4

Last edited:
acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
IF Ah= 1 => As=5

(2-6 +5) 4= 4
1x4 =4

?=4

It's incorrect! A tip: In any mathematical operation you must start by solving the parentheses. The order is multiplication and division, and after, addition and subtraction. Now, review and try again.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This piece of nonsense is unsolveable, as the value of the single Ace is unknown. Remember that multiplication has priority over the others. The last line becomes
2 - 6 + (x times 4)
The value of x is variable and will give you an infinite number of solutions, QED
IF you assume that the single ace is half the value of pair, them the answer is 8, but it is an assumption

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This piece of nonsense is unsolveable, as the value of the single Ace is unknown. Remember that multiplication has priority over the others. The last line becomes
2 - 6 + (x times 4)
The value of x is variable and will give you an infinite number of solutions, QED
IF you assume that the single ace is half the value of pair, them the answer is 8, but it is an assumption

Are you saying that maybe because you still haven't found the correct answer. There is one thing that makes this test unique. It's funny! When you solve it you will see that the answer was there all the time. Look with a little more attention and try again.

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, you do not the the value of AH or AS. 1 can have the value of 0 while the other have the value of X.