When Should You Take a Break From Poker?

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The game of poker should be stopped when your decisions are not governed by logic but by emotions and the desire to win quickly. It is extremely important to keep thinking logically and not to get carried away.
Yes, to play poker you need to have a clear head!

Cajin007

Cajin007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just finished taking a three day poker staycay, doing some system cleaning/updating.
I find that i am well rested, and better able to zone into my A-game.
Yes, at first i felt a little lost, but not thinking about poker made me think about it.
I used the time off to clear my head, and review how my play had changed over the last quarter of the year.
It was nice, already thinking and planning this quarters end break, and review.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’d take a break when life priorities interfere. Outside of that I would take a break. Always study and play as often as possible

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time managenent

As a serious poker player time is the most valuable asset on your list. If the results do not match the expectation than it is important to review the fundamentals of the game. Friends and family make the emotional net to help you through this particular problem. Hope my opinion works for you. :)

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excelent

I'm pretty much playing poker, but last year main job Boad all the time from poker, a year ago on the day I could iprepare steps doitt for 8 - 9 hours , now a week 20 - 30 hours! But friends know all the answers to the question - what to do when just in all the tournaments is not enough to ITM! Can there come a time when I stop playing poker completely?

:confused::confused::confused:
I think it's ok to take a brake from playing and do other things. Me when I have some bad beats I go for a walk or play CSGO:D:D. Helps a lot.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's ok to take a brake from playing and do other things. Me when I have some bad beats I go for a walk or play CSGO:D:D. Helps a lot.

The point is to get a distance to the game. And to start a new game in a good mood. However, when a few-hour break does not help, a break of a few days needs to be made

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just finished taking a three day poker staycay, doing some system cleaning/updating.
I find that i am well rested, and better able to zone into my A-game.
Yes, at first i felt a little lost, but not thinking about poker made me think about it.
I used the time off to clear my head, and review how my play had changed over the last quarter of the year.
It was nice, already thinking and planning this quarters end break, and review.
You are a happy person, three days of rest helped you!

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’d take a break when life priorities interfere. Outside of that I would take a break. Always study and play as often as possible
Sometimes the circumstances are such that it is impossible to continue the game! A week was stripe when the game was fine, but today one loss! Opponents on the river receive the necessary card, although the probability percentage is simply negligible.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a serious poker player time is the most valuable asset on your list. If the results do not match the expectation than it is important to review the fundamentals of the game. Friends and family make the emotional net to help you through this particular problem. Hope my opinion works for you. :)
I am inclined to think that it is necessary to completely abandon the poker game for a while!

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always take a break from poker when the game I love is no longer fun to play. Also when I take a bad beat and I cant seem to shake it off.

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rest when you feel like, when tired or bored.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's enough for me to play a day for 1 hour or 2. Play more than two hours I'm tired. Bad cards speed my fatigue.

Daniel VanRiper

Daniel VanRiper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imagine that you have something thats called a poker endurance rating level. You might consider a full level being 1000 points. There are different aspects of the game that wear down your level and you need to decide how low of a level is too low for you to be able to play poker. Good Luck[emoji7]

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always take a break from poker when the game I love is no longer fun to play. Also when I take a bad beat and I cant seem to shake it off.
I also received a series of extremely heavy blows! And most importantly they do not cease to haunt me! Need a big break.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rest when you feel like, when tired or bored.
Yes now I try to have a rest, and the main work now filled all the time. I am very tired and can't choose the time for the game, but today is the day off and I will play in our club, I hope to see you there.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's enough for me to play a day for 1 hour or 2. Play more than two hours I'm tired. Bad cards speed my fatigue.
Oh, it's a pretty small amount of time you spend on poker. Was time , about 2 years ago I played on 8 - 10 hours every day!!

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Imagine that you have something thats called a poker endurance rating level. You might consider a full level being 1000 points. There are different aspects of the game that wear down your level and you need to decide how low of a level is too low for you to be able to play poker. Good Luck[emoji7]
About I have not heard of such a thing as the level of endurance! This is a great idea that I will try to apply in my gaming session.

Bluto

Bluto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty much playing poker, but last year main job Boad all the time from poker, a year ago on the day I could iprepare steps doitt for 8 - 9 hours , now a week 20 - 30 hours! But friends know all the answers to the question - what to do when just in all the tournaments is not enough to ITM! Can there come a time when I stop playing poker completely?

Here's the checklist I use for all gambling including and especially poker:

The yeses

Am I well rested? Showered? Fed?
Have all other areas in my life been caught up so I'm not distracted?
Am I focused?
Do I want to play?

The noes

Am I too happy about something?
Am I too angry about something?

Mission control, all yeses, all noes accounted for - launch to gamble is a go! :top:

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should always quit when you're ahead. If you always quit when you're ahead you will never lose. But if you always quit when you're behind, well, that's a losing proposition. So don't do it.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's the checklist I use for all gambling including and especially poker:

The yeses

Am I well rested? Showered? Fed?
Have all other areas in my life been caught up so I'm not distracted?
Am I focused?
Do I want to play?

The noes

Am I too happy about something?
Am I too angry about something?

Mission control, all yeses, all noes accounted for - launch to gamble is a go! :top:

great questions before you start your poker session! Perhaps some of these questions will be good enough for me! Great offer!

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should always quit when you're ahead. If you always quit when you're ahead you will never lose. But if you always quit when you're behind, well, that's a losing proposition. So don't do it.

I do not agree with you, if you started a streak of failure, do not need to aggravate the situation and bring to a deep tilt ! After all, the main thing that the game is fun, and not to suffer with each distribution of cards and force yourself to sit at the table!

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

when you feel angry, stressed, tired, on tilt take a break as these will adversely affect your play.

M

madjhon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
as

everything is annoying, even poker. A break is required if there are tilts

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey, whenever poker is no longer fun or I busted my bankroll - I take a break. Poker is a cool game, but putting pressure on yourself to make the money is not advised. Instead, target an aspect of the game which you need to improve and work on that while playing the MTT's and record the results. Whenever you flatline, review the hands and target a new aspect of the game to develop. You must make you time at the tables strategic so you do not get frustrated and can have fun playing the game.

Some ideas;
Which seat or starting hands do you bust out on?
Which position is most challenging?
How can I improve on stealing the blinds?

Make you time spent playing poker targeted toward some aspect of the game and see the change over time.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you feel angry, stressed, tired, on tilt take a break as these will adversely affect your play.

Yes, many factors affect the quality of the game! But tilt is the most important factor that does not give quality play !