Whats the single best thing that youve learned that has really improved your game?

C

cool3390

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you could name one tip that has completely boosted your game, what would it be?

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think one of the most useful tips for all players is to always remain patient.

C

cool3390

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think one of the most useful tips for all players is to always remain patient.

You know some people might say, "well duh" but tbh that's usually the people not doing it!

I completely agree, tbh I figure patience is just as if not even more important than position.

I would say more because you can still play out of position but if your not patient you'll always play out of position lol

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I agree that patience for any player is a very important skill. But in any case, every player who is able to play disciplined and adhere to bankroll management will always be one step ahead of the others.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
the opening range is different in each stage of the tournament - many forget about it or do not know and act the same !!!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I no longer 'EXPECT' hands to go along the lines of the odds prediction. I've lost lots of hands where I was 90+% favored to win, and I do mean "LOTS'.

All-in pre-flop with anything other than AA is pure lotto/bingo. AA increases your chances of winning a shove, or a shove call, but nothing is for sure, especially in *freeroll format. I've lost lots of all-in plays with AA.

*freeroll format = very, very loose play, e.g., any pair & any 2 face cards are good enough for a shove or to call a shove pre-flop. Any pair (even bottom pair) or 2 over-cards or any Ace is good enough to call any bet post-flop.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
understanding portion of my range in different situations.

B

baraboa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
keep discipline.sometimes want to bet with QTs in early position after raise of somebody

C

cool3390

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep discipline.sometimes want to bet with QTs in early position after raise of somebody

Yea I feel you on that.

If I'm into the game I do good.

When I get tired and don't care in a free roll I'm just like whatever lol

But I try not to play tired.

Its weird, When Your tired you know its wrong but your like whatever lol

M

MilesTheGOAT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m not the greatest player by any means at all as I’m still learning a lot myself but one of the best pieces of advice I could give to someone is don’t be scared to fold if your gut tells you to!

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That everyone plays poker for different reasons. Some play for money. Some play to relax. Some play for the challenge of the game. While others play for the social enjoyment of the game.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't win money if you have none. Be disciplined and stay in the game and you can win money.

777jeton777

777jeton777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks to experience, I realized that it doesn't matter what your hand is before the flop ... the main thing is to say goodbye to it on time.:ciao:

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I no longer 'EXPECT' hands to go along the lines of the odds prediction. I've lost lots of hands where I was 90+% favored to win, and I do mean "LOTS'.
It never gets old:

e6407cd14cb21394878b54e3ae5420d3.png

8c3bd3a8fa4d350def57973b71072c26.png

635ed174d078731dc60fdb14bca158a0.png

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard question. I think that will come outside of poker as a part of the mental game. Probably my biggest issue for not getting success is my fear of losing (hate-losing tilt). Best managing method for that is to think my poker profits only as an hourly rate, never staring at results because they will change a lot. Only watching for long-term hour rate.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing and 1 thing only

The single most important thing I have done to improve my game is to learn to be patient! That goes so far in this game.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well so many fundamentals necessary to even play its hard to say the most helpful but recently 2 things have really improved my game. learning small bet strategy not shoving and controlling your losses. Skill comes with reading people and the board if u shove your just putting it all to chance.

The other is the art of the c-bet. still learning both.

I had to come back n edit this post to include bankroll management. I only recently started implementing this bout 3 months ago drew up a schedule of games that fit my ability and bank roll and i've been above even ever since for first time since i started playing a year ago But still way down overall from losing my butt learning how to play from scratch

Last edited:
Top 10 Games