What is the fastest way to learn poker?

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me, if this is not your main income, then it will not be easy to defeat laziness, but in any case, playing for money and watching your bankroll, you will already understand that everything is not easy!

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the fastest way to hire a coach, or watch videos with professional commentary

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
You need to watch professional player play in tournament like pokerstars tournament in youtube; Then you need to play freeroll tournament like cardschat to improve your game without putting your own money in risk.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont really think there is a fast way to learn, but playing a lot of hands has helped me figure out my personal strategy

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Playing the game and getting experence.

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
watching videos on youtube of professional players, and of course playing, there is nothing better than the good old practice, I believe that playing with play money is the best way to learn, learn the right time for bluffs and raises too

M

Muzza55621

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Watching a lot of videos on utube or a coach goodluck

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
What means learning? Learning to be a good poker player is not ending. Poker is allways developing and if you going not with the actual trends of poker, you loose chips. For the first steps it is good to learn the rules of poker. I think there are some tipps on the cardschat site. Then you must play and reflect your game, and discuss with other players your hands.

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The quickest way to learn how to play poker well is to hire a coach .

I agree that hiring a coach is probably the fastest way to learn how to play poker. But not everyone can afford to pay for a good coach.

A

airvikki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know what exactly the author of the question means, because any professional player does not stop there, but constantly improves his game. But while I watch streams, I want to learn how to work in solver, I read a little literature about poker and poker psychology.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sklansky has some pretty good reading material, "Theory of Poker", for one. This site has a 30 day trainer that is free and covers it all. You can do as many days as you desire each day. If you have "sponge" memory, that will be as much as you need to get a good start and feel comfortable. Good luck, have fun and do not tilt, work your way back instead.

Cheers!

Dan'O

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watch and absorb anything I can. This often means I'm filing away bad tips and bad advice, but that's part of our job - to filter this information and toss out the "bad" stuff. Of course, you won't be able to distinguish between bad and good advice at first, so realize that this is a process that takes time to figure out. NOBODY learns poker overnight, this is a lifelong learning process you are beginning, and it NEVER ends no matter how good your poker game gets. You stop learning, you stop improving - simple as that.

For me, I choose not to spend any money on "coaching" or enlisting the help of a poker tutor. However, if you ARE willing to spend money (and it is often a significant amount of money, coaching is rarely cheap), you can certainly speed up the learning process by doing so... but now you will wonder, "well how do I pick a good coach and a coach that will work for me?" There's no easy answer to that one, you might have to pay a few coaches before you find the right person for you. So it can get expensive and there's no real guarantee on it.

So I've always learned entirely on my own, thats my choice. I watch as many youtube videos as I can find, I watch twitch streams of the better players, and I read as many books as I can locate. Years ago I bought TONS of poker books, so I have quite a library... however, today, I no longer purchase poker books. Quite honestly the market has died for poker books, by and large... a decade ago there were poker books by the dozens, back in the glory days of pre-Black Friday. Not anymore.

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say a coach cause that's what I read about.

To me the only option is to look for the free resources out there.

And play a lot cause theory must be accompanied by practice.

So much of what I've read and seen on videos and studied on Apps is just of table stuff.

Even if you read about mindset you only get to try it out at the felt.

It's a long road buddy, and painful haha.

Somedays you're on an upswing somedays on the downswing.

Practice and study first of all.

Staying healthy mentally and physically is also very important.

Wish you the fattest pots on this journey.

Pripri1986

Pripri1986

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Watch as many tutorials, and practice! Also Poker is a life long learning journey. No matter how experienced you, mistakes still happen!

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Big jay wants to know

The fastest way to learn how to play poker is to play poker. Try free games first some of them would even have lissons. I remember learning as a kid with playing with family for penny:angel:

D

Damian Baez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Answer

Watching tutorials and seeing how professionals or streamers do it is one of the best ways.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion the best way to learn poker is to play it yourself. Start with play money or low stakes, when your not playing watch some videos or read books, follow lessons etc. But you definitely want to start playing to get that experience under your belt!

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fastest way is to play.

M

mirnixdirnix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its like with many other things like sports for example. you need to understand basic concept, and than practise, practise and practise. so first step would be check rules. hand ranking, system of card dealing.. than to watch other people play. there are plenty videos on youtube for example. and just than to try it yourself. i am allways teling to try at freerolls. many rooms (online) offer this possibility. daily or few many times per day to get chips and try for free. nextly you need to understand different concepts and approaches. positions, power of big stack, limping, and many more. its too complex but easy to start. if the game get you the next steps will showe themselves.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First, some basics. Practice and more and more practice. This is the minimum for you to start being profitable.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

The fastest way to learn how to play poker is to play for real money right away. 25 cents and up.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take you rent money and buy in for the max on the fastest 5/10 table you can find.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started off as a break even player with a few poker books. I was super selective about the dealt hands to me I would play and the hands I would enter. I only improved from there, and rather fast with experience.