What is the fastest way to learn poker?

Clark Kent

Clark Kent

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can read books about poker but you can really learn playing. More often you play, more you will learn. I suggest you freerolls for your practise. Good luck :)

I agree... There is no better teacher than freerolls :)

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the most important thing to do is play.

It is a constant learning process. I think you can do well at low stakes just by learning a TAG style. Personally, I would learn what a TAG, LAG, and Passive style of play is (its horrible but you will see it a lot at low limits).

From there try TAG and LAG to see what fits your personality best.

After you pick a dominate style, learn to incorporate some aspects of the opposing style to come up with "your style" of play.

Doing this and getting in the hands will make you a better player.

I would always keep reading and watching videos. Try to pick up little things to incorporate in your game.

G

Guiguero

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both, now on the internet are a lot of webs where you can learn how to play poker. You need so much time.

But I think the most important think to do is play poker. With the experience you get, you will learn a lot.

First you have to read some articles about the basic of poker. Then play and continue reading important articles, for example about the strategy.

Of course, if you have a good coach you will learn a lot too. But always you must see videos or read at webs of poker, like this

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the initial stage of training is enough information on the Internet. In the future, a good coach will help a good jerk. But quickly become a professional poker is not possible. Only with experience comes the understanding of many things, there is a style of play. But in order to play well in one or several tournaments do not have to be a professional. In poker, sometimes much luck decides. If you want to achieve a stable game, you need to devote a lot of time training.

K

kishiru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think personal coaching is the best way but coaching like this is very expensive. if u have money u can try one hour with coach and if he was good u can buy more hours and u will become good player soon and u will win money that u paid for coaching imo :p if u dont have $$ just watch streams and try to copy others

AntonEast

AntonEast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First learn about the basics of poker (books, articles, videos etc.)
Second, play a lot of hands (cash games with low stakes is recommended)
Third, read more pokerbooks and discuss hands with other players
fourth, play more
experience is the most important skill, so play a lot of hands

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lot of good video series out on youtube and such that you can watch for free. I'd start with them and some play to put what you learn to use to ensure you grasped the concepts.

I

iFishForFlush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strategies, odd calculations, as everyone mentioned, take some time reading books, articles and watching videos, you could also watch a couple streamers on twitch. Most important of all though is experience. If you ever venture to the live side of the game I would also note, body language is very important, when you play live the game becomes a completely different beast. At that point you want to be playing the person every which way possible, imagine who they are, what they went through on that particular day possibly. If you've never been good at reading people, I believe live poker also considerably increases that skill. Surprisingly the game really does bring out the worst in some people, and it astonishes me how some react at the table. It is a game after all and it's supposed to be fun.

P

petronius111

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very valuable personal experience the only way you can feel your style of poker game

I agree with you.There are needs many hands for get needful experience. It's only way for successful game. It's like sport.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, everth! I think with the coach can more faster up your skill, but this costs the money...
If to learn on your own, watching the poker lessons on Youtube, this is free... But in this case
the all depend from you. I think ideal variant is a mix: coach and independent work.
Main, that coach was a high qualification, and you not wasted your money for nothing!:rolleyes::cool:

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
You should be addicted to videos and books
But another way is.....Play Play Play
Rgds

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi :ciao:
i agree molokheia
for fastest learn/improve poker
play, play, play, then play some more, after that, play some more
stop review the played hands with analytic software
then... play, play, play, then play some more, after that, play some more, lots more

wildwildwes

wildwildwes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fastest way

play ever day

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Through a coach or watching video lessons on youtube?

Learn how to listen to your gut. I think I was better when I didn't know as much. I now play better hands and better position, only to get beat by someone not doing that at all. It took a very long time for me to learn about position, not sure why but once you learn it, you know it.
Then I see supposedly good players, playing junk way out of position. Instead of actually playing good poker.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
For me the best option is to have a coach who can teach you, it is the fastest way.

Videos on YouTube can help you, but I consider it better to enroll in one of the many free online schools, I recommend pokerstrategy.

https://es.pokerstrategy.com/#uPX91T

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Through a coach or watching video lessons on youtube?
A coach of course. There are some stuff to learn you will not find on youtube and will not can imagine some factors to be regarded in poker game so neither playing during 10 years you can't to learn it on your own. Fastest, learn by a coach.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All tools are good, live poker + online is great.

watching video lessons on youtube, or doing some quick research can help you learn the basics quickly. The key aspect is experience, "I've see this before, so I am comfortable.. to play it out.." The more you play, the more often you will make the right decisions, because you've been on the winning and losing end of different scenarios.

Hopefully you are a quick study, and get beyond the basics quickly.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think the fastest way to get better is to get a coach, watching training videos, and review your hands after each session.

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is impossible to quickly learn how to play poker ...