Throwing away AA

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. After the flop definitely possible to fold when so many players shove.

O

oldolm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i remember i folded AA post flop 1 time when flop was AKQ hearts and i got set AAA and 3 opponents alin, it was good fold i would looose :D

Lucky Alalk

Lucky Alalk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally always fold in this situation

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if after the flop three players go to allin this is an occasion to ponder, especially if a flush or a straight is possible

E

edcwy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, The goal is to win pots. In multi-way pots with players in and more to come, you got fold equity.

M

mayoroftittycity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is only the best hand preflop. It takes discipline but that's a big part of getting better.

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very difficult to force myself to do this, but a couple times I did , and this has allowed me to reach the final

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! :) Most often, AA wins most of the hands. practice shows that victory takes place more often. It's profitable. My opinion.
there were many cases when the lowest cards won. Of course, circumstances are still important.
AA wins most hands? YES with 2 players, preFlop (>80% chance to win charts show)

But, when post flop 3 players go all-in, the 80% has dropped to well below 50% (i would be surprised if it is better than 20% in this case, as it is 1 pair (the AA) versus 2pairs, sets, straight and flush draws, straights, flushes or worse, depending the flop).
Fold is the only sensible thing to do.

With the same players next time: need to raise more preflop, to limit the number of opponents.
With decent level players, all-in will only give you the blinds, with poor player, like early in many freerolls, all-in is the only way to avoid everyone calling.
Just saw today in a william hill 25$ freeroll: 6 people going all-in preflop; that's called bingo, not poker.

Mare10

Mare10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i must throw aa but stil fo me is dificiult

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think this depends on several things, the buyin, the villans, the icm, the board texture, etc.

In a freeroll I think most of the time I am going with the Aces.

The_Times

The_Times

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you walk away to0 easy. Sometimes it is true, imo, that aces must be folded. But in that particular situation it would be a tough disicion.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you walk away to0 easy. Sometimes it is true, imo, that aces must be folded. But in that particular situation it would be a tough disicion.

Not prefolp, never in my opinion. If you're folding aces preflop, you must be waiting for a better hand.. like pocket aces suited. :)

The_Times

The_Times

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course not preflop. There only few flops where aces could be folded. But very few I think)
When you have pocket aces there is only one player who wants to put all his chips in the pot, it's you)

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Toss 'em if you are certain of getting in the money and can still hang in for at least 2-3 blinds. This is also predicated on knowing who you're dealing with -their expected hand ranges and if they were bluffers. It's a lottery made to produce bad beats usually.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can easy fold AA pre-flop during a tournament. It all depends on my stack, position, time left till FT and who's pushing.

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a wonderful pre-flop, but if after the flop 3 players come in with all in and the flop is suggestive, I'll fold yes.

steve22055

steve22055

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are tuff to toss but depending on the flop (strght draw, flush draw, pair) and three people shoving their chips, I would most probably fold but would also take into consideration the other three players habits if known.

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I could fold AA. Maybe I could after the river but most of the time I get all in preflop or before the turn

B

binky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I can. I have lost many times with pocket aces.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have done it a couple of times. Right at the bubble, more than two big stacks all in. Sickening, good fold though.

MKaizer07

MKaizer07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you walk away from AA after the flop, when there are 3 other players ahead of you shoving all-in when the flop is drawn?

It is very easy to walk away from pocket aces , especially if there are 3 other all in players. You are most likely to be behind by someone who hit two pair or a set on the flop.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to get all in preflop to avoid this nightmare scenario you do not want 3 opponents seeing flops against you as is dangerous

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA in a fourway hand is not in good shape unless you happen to flop a set. If you flop a set and everyone shoves then it's all in.

Otherwise you gotta strongly consider folding unless you have huge pot equity or you know they all will shove with any top pair.

D

Dream Slayer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can I assume the Flop was not A 9 9 or A 9 A ?Cause then I probably would not fold

BigGrayWolf

BigGrayWolf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once I wanted to drop even a set of aces on the river when the opponent showed straight but he had only two pairs. But theoretically I do not exclude that I'll throw a couple of aces.