Throwing away AA

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not always with a pair of AA you are the winner even more with 3 players in front of you have to analyze the flop before going all in

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course,you do not win tournament just because AA came.

T

tojobaggins

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
F POCKET ACES

Ive lost so much money with pocket aces on people drawing freaking 2 pairs. They never read the fact that you have them destroyed if they have top pair, so they just call so confidently thinking your a moron and boom, they like DANG... but turns out guy you called stills has like a more than 50% chance at catching some card that gives you any hand thats better than high pair. You can't really walk away from the winning hand.... idk maybe next time ill just show that asshole my aces like.... oh wait online.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably not.

If the early stage of the tournament, then I will do my best to leave.

If the final table, then no.

R

royalflush122096

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't! That would be very bad! But it depends on if the board is very wet like 345 or 3 of the same suit!

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that this is the strongest hand, it is very difficult to fold such cards, I think it is worth taking risks.

Nikka18

Nikka18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm honestly it depends on the tournament. Because usually in freeroll tournaments player just go crazy and bet all-in because they have nothing to lose. So I'm this case I think I would go in... But if it's a tournament where money is at stake then I would fold. Because most likely one of the players have a way better hand than AA.....

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can walk away from AA preflop... in Omaha of course

N

Nick301274

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, yes, if I see that I'm threatened with a set, a straight, a flush, a penalty, but I'll go all in if my chips exceed 2 times

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes i think thats fold,im there is 3 more players shoving after flop,atleast 1 of them is 100% ahead of you,so i think no point in calling,its sucks to fold AA but thats poker

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, if this is the beginning of the tournament to avoid relegation, but if it is in the middle or late stage, and if I have a stack that exceeds rivals, I can start or temper, but it all depends on the situation, which etp, what stack, and so on.

isaac

isaac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, especially with Live situations I learned very early on that AA can easily bite you in the rear in a multi-handed scenario. This is why i usually make a decently sized raise preflop and will most probably re-raise someone if raised pre-flop to get limpers and people with sub-optimal hands out of the pot. If i do somehow find myself in this sort of situation, a fold is almost always the only reasonable play when i do not hit a set.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the flop texture. If it comes down with 2 same suit and a pair I might consider folding with 3 others looking at that board.My experience has been that sometimes people shove misses as well as hitting good. So it really takes a good gut feeling to tell if it's a miss or not. In short pocket aces are very hard to fold. If you can and you were right more power to you

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one thing is obvious, AA is a high pair and NEVER worth an all in preflop unless I have to call it.In any other situation I will control the pot and see on which cards opponent is betting :rock:Thanks for the rockets, let's fire 'em up! It will be all/in on the river anyway, or I might fold...
But leave these two nice cards to the mood of a virtual carddealer is the last I would have ever imagined to be a winning poker player!
I WANT TO PLAY MY ACE OFF!!!

Last edited:
MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy to walk away post flop. Especially if flop is all 1 suit or 3 straight cards . Paired flops often seem to happen when I have aces. I will bet or reraise then get shoved on. Depending on the amount it’s important to find a fold. Late stages or situations where the risk is far too great. Aces often get us in trouble when we refuse to get rid of them post flop. We all know from experience that aces are far from invincible.

Last edited:
E

edcwy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yep. Did that last week. Continuing was -EV. It's just a hand.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea i do it all the time.....In Omaha.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a couple of times i have folded that hand,( never preflop), only when I have made the mistake of going slow with her (that isnt a mistake, but in that moment was)... and a flush or ladder has formed .. i was right when i folded it because the opponent gave clear signals of having the letter that was thought to have. Although it depends on the flop, it depends on the bets, tells .. isnt easy to fold the cards that you have been waiting for 1 hour ..

I

imdabest101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a for sure fold. I don't have to look at the equities to know that you are in bad shape. If you fold and you find out that you folded the best hand, just know that you are at a great game and you get your chance to stack those noobs.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes but it's hard I'm bitching but it depends on stack size also if it's not killing my stack it's easier to call

J

jospel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With two players pushing ahead I would call. But three players pushing ahead should be a fold, unless it's a freeroll.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, preflop no one can fold AA, but if you see a few people already in the game postflop, sure you need to take a look at the board, maybe you are already behind and you just need to fold AA, even if this is too hard. I saw lots of times, how people can,t fold AA on the dangerious board, and they were loosing. Look at the board, if people play really aggressive, maybe they have something better then your AA, and the best decision will be just to fold it and wait for the next hand?

K

koskesh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I knew I would lose this hand. The guy with AK had raised and when I did a small re-raise, he pushed all in and you can see the screenshots of what happened.

f630a488503620bbf4d7f4791c3bab85.jpg

a8ea286eecb9aa343ed0ff18b17a5bd9.jpg

32fe630ade71321d9b99e273090a5cd8.jpg

605a8b4798d14cd6ba196ffaf8f62cfd.jpg

R

Razor_Lynx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

I would like to get your opinion on this hand
This is a hand i played recently in 2nl on acr,i just started playing poker about 2 months ago in late december.

The reason i re-raised the flop is i know the opponent reraises alot of top pairs
and re raised me off earlier when on a queen high board and he had Q10o and i had aces.So i think here most of the time he has a Queen.

Could i have thrown away aces here?

No Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02
Winning Poker Network
6 players
Formatted by pokercopilot.com: Poker HUD for Mac and Windows

Stacks:
UTG - UTG (
$2.38)
MP - MP (
$1.94)
CO - CO (
$2.73)
BTN - Hero (
$3.70)
SB - SB (
$2.00)
BB - BB (
$2.31)

Preflop: (
$0.03, 6 players) Hero is BTN with A♠A♦
2 folds, CO raises to $0.05, Hero raises to $0.16, 2 folds, CO calls $0.11

Flop:
3♦4♠Q♠ ($0.35, 2 players - CO: $2.57, Hero: $3.54)
CO bets $0.46, Hero raises to $1.20, CO calls $0.74

Turn:
5♥ ($2.75, 2 players - CO: $1.37, Hero: $2.34)
CO raises to $1.37 (all-in), Hero calls $1.37

River:
K♠ ($5.49, 2 players, 1 all-in - CO: $0.00, Hero: $0.97)

Total Pot:
$5.49
CO shows
3♣4♣ (with Two pairs. 4s and 3s)
Hero shows
A♠A♦ (with One pair of As)

CO wins $5.22 with Two pairs. 4s and 3s

Thanks for taking a look.