OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Contradiction surely...

lol limpaments

actually made me lol, almost fell off my chair.

does anyone serious disagree with any of my points?

lol limpaments.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
actually made me lol, almost fell off my chair.

does anyone serious disagree with any of my points?

lol limpaments.

I'm before Cali and rv enter thread and give you a detailed analysis of why your points are incorrect.

fwiw I don't disagree with them,

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm before Cali and rv enter thread and give you a detailed analysis of why your points are incorrect.

fwiw I don't disagree with them,

mm, just wondering if there's anything I missed or anything majorly wrong but the feedback seems to be ok.

but honestly lol, I'd love it but it'd probably tilt me.

merci!

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP,

Fantastic post. I 100 percent agree with you about limpers. I don't crush by any means but in the last 2 years I've made 2 deposits, one on PS and one on Merge post black friday so I'm not horrible FWIW.

Here is the best quote ever on limpers from an old 2+2 thread:

"Criminy. Their limpers. You don't need 17 pages of theory. Club them like seals. Think of the button as a big heavy thing that you can tie to a stick. Wade through them with said stick and make them regret having limped. Then, make a coat. And maybe some mittens. A nice hat would be good, too."

Demonomania

Demonomania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not disagreeing with your premise, excellent strategy for beginning players. But count me as a limper, and feel free to mark a fish next to my name if we end up playing together.

You seem to be playing backwards preflop. If you 3x or 4x next to all of your playable hands, you end up building a pot (can't win a big pot unless you build a big pot). You also polarize your range if done correctly.

I understand your reasoning in limping with AA,KK,QQ-78s ...but despite the cheap price you're getting to play weak hands pre, you're still losing value IF you make the winning hand. Also, trapping with top tier hands often builds a family pot, in most cases you'll end up behind with your AA against a random wide range that's made two pair or better.

The OP is aimed to help lower level players get out of the frame of mind that limping & seeing a lot of hands postflop is profitable (when it is clearly not in the micros).

With that said, by no means am I saying you're not a successful player. Simply implying that limping, in most cases, costs you more than you'll win.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You seem to be playing backwards preflop. If you 3x or 4x next to all of your playable hands, you end up building a pot (can't win a big pot unless you build a big pot). You also polarize your range if done correctly.

I understand your reasoning in limping with AA,KK,QQ-78s ...but despite the cheap price you're getting to play weak hands pre, you're still losing value IF you make the winning hand. Also, trapping with top tier hands often builds a family pot, in most cases you'll end up behind with your AA against a random wide range that's made two pair or better.

The OP is aimed to help lower level players get out of the frame of mind that limping & seeing a lot of hands postflop is profitable (when it is clearly not in the micros).

With that said, by no means am I saying you're not a successful player. Simply implying that limping, in most cases, costs you more than you'll win.

+1

I'd just like to add: Given that when we have good hands we're almost always getting called by worse, why are we trying to avoid building a pot up? Raise pre, get called by worse, win on the flop imo.

calicard

calicard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh too bad. Why not? Do you think I am doomed to failure? Should I not quit my day-job for a life in poker? Am I destined to be a fish unless I change my style? Can you be sure 100%? Is it possible that there is a strategy in poker that no one can succeed? (well, easy answer there, I am sure someone who goes allin every single hand he plays preflop could never win long-term, but you know what I mean) Am I doomed to be a losing playing if I limp in preflop in live and online poker? I want to know my chances from the experts here....

I am not disagreeing with your premise, excellent strategy for beginning players. But count me as a limper, and feel free to mark a fish next to my name if we end up playing together.

I have played against you. You have been on my tables many times. You play quite well and I think you are not only a good but a great player. You do what you do they way you do it. Any time any one offers opinions on here about playing styles that are not what they think is right they start hammering the poster. Do not let it bother you it's just their way of saying they are scared of you and your ideas.;)

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
honestly can't wait to be crushed by these limpers.

Demonomania

Demonomania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any time any one offers opinions on here about playing styles that are not what they think is right they start hammering the poster.

No one is hammering anyone for contributing to the discussion. But if you consider opinions to be hammering, then you too have done so yourself...

There's just a lot less of you arguing your style (which in most cases would be seen as the 'wrong' style). ;)

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one is hammering anyone for contributing to the discussion. But if you consider opinions to be hammering, then you too have done so yourself...

There's just a lot less of you arguing your style (which in most cases would be seen as the 'wrong' style). ;)

he's on about me. (and Blue)

we do a lot of hammering tbh. :rolleyes:

but its justified!

if you think we're bad, if you posted what you post on here on 2+2 you'd get absolutely destroyed by abuse imo.

my opinion is:

if you want to play like a fish, play like a fish.. just don't post on people's threads and HH's that limping/folding AK to a shove is the right thing to do.

the main point is that this thread (if you can call it that) is for new players, and teaching them that limping is ok contradicts the majority of what I wrote, and the majority of basic poker strategy.

and all this 'there's never a never ever situation' is ****ery, the fact is that there may be a time and a place for certain situations.. but when we comment we are talking about the majority, and the majority constitutes most of the long run, which is what poker is all about.

in a vacuum you may be able to limp with a baby pair UTG if you have an aggrotard to your left 3 betting your every open, and you know you'll stack him post-flop if you hit your set. but 'in the long run' you're leaking chips since you miss a large majority of the time.

in another vacuum you maybe able to limp a baby pair UTG if everyone at the table is super passive and won't give you any trouble, but turning a 3-4bb pot into a 200+bb pot is pretty hard to do imo, considering that most people's limping ranges aren't stacking ranges unless they make their sets.

I mean ****, its not hard people! :mad:

cliffs:

limping is stupid.
only fish and pros limp, and there's a clear difference between the two.
this is a thread for new players, so we're trying to stop them from limping, not advocate it.
if you don't want to be hammered, don't justify the wrong plays on a poker forum.

that is all. *phew* :D

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

but its justified!

if you think we're bad, if you posted what you post on here on 2+2 you'd get absolutely destroyed by abuse imo.

my opinion is:

if you want to play like a fish, play like a fish.. just don't post on people's threads and HH's that limping/folding AK to a shove is the right thing to do.

the main point is that this thread (if you can call it that) is for new players, and teaching them that limping is ok contradicts the majority of what I wrote, and the majority of basic poker strategy.

and all this 'there's never a never ever situation' is ****ery, the fact is that there may be a time and a place for certain situations.. but when we comment we are talking about the majority, and the majority constitutes most of the long run, which is what poker is all about.

in a vacuum you may be able to limp with a baby pair UTG if you have an aggrotard to your left 3 betting your every open, and you know you'll stack him post-flop if you hit your set. but 'in the long run' you're leaking chips since you miss a large majority of the time.

in another vacuum you maybe able to limp a baby pair UTG if everyone at the table is super passive and won't give you any trouble, but turning a 3-4bb pot into a 200+bb pot is pretty hard to do imo, considering that most people's limping ranges aren't stacking ranges unless they make their sets.

I mean ****, its not hard people! :mad:

cliffs:

limping is stupid.
only fish and pros limp, and there's a clear difference between the two.
this is a thread for new players, so we're trying to stop them from limping, not advocate it.
if you don't want to be hammered, don't justify the wrong plays on a POKER FORUM.

that is all. *phew* :D

This was just too good ^

QFT

D

dfrog1983

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting post this should help me with my cash game after I figure out how to cash in the free-rolls.

Demonomania

Demonomania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

but its justified!

You would think he'd just stay away from anything you post. I've seen him on the losing end in a lot of discussions.

Anyway, enough about that.

Once again.. great job. I very much agree with OP and there's a lot of +EV information in the thread.

calicard

calicard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

(A) the main point is that this thread (if you can call it that) is for new players, and teaching them that limping is ok contradicts the majority of what I wrote, and the majority of basic poker strategy.
and all this 'there's never a never ever situation' is ****ery, the fact is that there may be (B) a time and a place for certain situations.. but when we comment we are talking about the majority, and the majority constitutes most of the long run, which is what poker is all about.
(A)this is a thread for new players, so we're trying to stop them from limping, not advocate it.

(B)So you agree with me then?:rofl:

(A)This is the first time that you have articulated your thought process in such a way that I could understand where you are coming from. It really sheds a lot of light on all your other posts as well.
Great Job!!!!!!
Now I understand you. That scares you huh:eek:

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

(A) the main point is that this thread (if you can call it that) is for new players, and teaching them that limping is ok contradicts the majority of what I wrote, and the majority of basic poker strategy.
and all this 'there's never a never ever situation' is ****ery, the fact is that there may be (B) a time and a place for certain situations.. but when we comment we are talking about the majority, and the majority constitutes most of the long run, which is what poker is all about.
(A)this is a thread for new players, so we're trying to stop them from limping, not advocate it.

(B)So you agree with me then?:rofl:

(A)This is the first time that you have articulated your thought process in such a way that I could understand where you are coming from. It really sheds a lot of light on all your other posts as well.
Great Job!!!!!!
Now I understand you. That scares you huh:eek:

and the threads become a pointless argument.

that the best you got?

really?

try harder.

no, I don't agree with you.. and this is probably the first you've understood common sense, albeit WAY out of context.

WAY, WAY out of context.

just bolding in the things that you 'agree with' and ignoring the way they were put forward is super childish imo.

grow the **** up?

it sheds no light on anything, I still think you're a retard who can't play.. and you can do what you want, but giving out your shit advice to new players will make them play as bad as you do.

kids, this is why you don't limp.

you'll end up like this guy.

30+ years playing poker (yeah, right) and he's STILL a fish.

a massive, flopping salmon.

plays $0.11 sngs in his spare time but claims in another thread that he's so baller (because he binked one tourney ever) that everyone playing the micros is wasting their time because everyone at those limits is a drooler.

He doesn't understand that you want to play worse players.

He doesn't understand that you should be pushing for a top 3/final table finish for the big money in a tournament, not just a min cash.

He doesn't understand that limping is the fishiest thing in the world to do pre-flop.

He doesn't understand ranges, math or any theory.

He just doesn't understand.

Cali, gtfo my thread, no-one wants your shit opinion here.

Confirmed lurkers/less time posters think you're a knob as well.

your go, and any other people who want to justify this thought process idc.

calicard

calicard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
and the threads become a pointless argument.

that the best you got?

really?

try harder.

no, I don't agree with you.. and this is probably the first you've understood common sense, albeit WAY out of context.

WAY, WAY out of context.

just bolding in the things that you 'agree with' and ignoring the way they were put forward is super childish imo.

grow the **** up?

it sheds no light on anything, I still think you're a retard who can't play.. and you can do what you want, but giving out your shit advice to new players will make them play as bad as you do.

kids, this is why you don't limp.

you'll end up like this guy.

30+ years playing poker (yeah, right) and he's STILL a fish.

a massive, flopping salmon.

plays $0.11 sngs in his spare time but claims in another thread that he's so baller (because he binked one tourney ever) that everyone playing the micros is wasting their time because everyone at those limits is a drooler.

He doesn't understand that you want to play worse players.

He doesn't understand that you should be pushing for a top 3/final table finish for the big money in a tournament, not just a min cash.

He doesn't understand that limping is the fishiest thing in the world to do pre-flop.

He doesn't understand ranges, math or any theory.

He just doesn't understand.

Cali, gtfo my thread, no-one wants your shit opinion here.

Confirmed lurkers/less time posters think you're a knob as well.

your go, and any other people who want to justify this thought process idc.

I was paying you a compliment. Your just to self absorbed to recognize it. All you really want to do is spout off about how great you are and how bad other players are. And that my friend is about as close to reality as it gets

Last edited:
OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was paying you a compliment. But all you really want to do is spout off about how great you are and how bad other players are. And that my friend is about as close to reality as it gets

no you weren't, you know you weren't, you took my points and debated them completely out of context with no reference to the rest of the text.

I've said multiple times on this forum, and in my OP in THIS thread, that I'm nothing special.

so that doesn't stand.

the thread was about the basics, something everyone should understand to some degree.

I just think you're lolbad, and you can be lolbad all you want.. just don't ruin other people.

on top of making the forum look like a bunch of retards to the outsider.

imagine if someone was looking to join and saw the posts you and people who think like you stick on here?

AA with a Qc Td 9h flop..

I don't hate only calling preflop altho I probably min raise....I definitely reraise flop with that board...shove turn

if you don't understand why that's bad then don't waste your (and my) time by replying.

and we're not friends, so don't call me it..

Campbell92 out. :rolleyes:

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just WOW. REALLY? I never know if some people are levelling but unfortunately i think people are for real :S

OH WELL. Another hilarious thread for people to lol at.

*off to limp reraise AA, cause im a trickster!*

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just WOW. REALLY? I never know if some people are levelling but unfortunately i think people are for real :S

OH WELL. Another hilarious thread for people to lol at.

*off to limp reraise AA, cause im a trickster!*

lmfao.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah, think this thread is done. :(

I am willing to listen to opinions, even if i believe they are stupid and/or wrong..

as long as they're presented in thought.

but lol, if anyone else wants it..

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Na op was pretty good for some basics

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OP is solid.

Arguing with certain people is like trying to teach a pig to sing. It makes you look foolish and annoys the pig.

Campbell's post is correct but, I suspect Phil Ivey could come on and back him up and some people would still say "Yeah, but what if...blah blah blah."