One Table SNG video!!!

D

dawggbob27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Work

Lovin the Vids Trigs.. Im much better at heads up play and Not so good at sitngos or mtts, Maybe your next vid could be a MTT Video if you ever get the time or have the energy? Took alot of information form the sng video though, And am actually applying some of it to a mtt Im playing right now.... Very good information especially for a beginner like me whose not so great right now. Again Thank you for taking the time to make the video.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Liked watching your videos Trigg.
Very well put together,and very informative.:cool:
The 10-10 lay down was the critical point for me,and you explained your reason for doing it excellently.
Look forward to seeing some more.
PS.Congrtas on the win.:)

Thank you. It was my very first video I've, I think there is a lot to work on a far as presentation goes, but that only means the future videos will be better.

Excellent vids Trigga:)

Thank you:D

Lovin the Vids Trigs.. Im much better at heads up play and Not so good at sitngos or mtts, Maybe your next vid could be a MTT Video if you ever get the time or have the energy? Took alot of information form the sng video though, And am actually applying some of it to a mtt Im playing right now.... Very good information especially for a beginner like me whose not so great right now. Again Thank you for taking the time to make the video.

More videos will be planned in the future. I'm open to ideas for future videos and I think an MTT video is a great idea!!!

D

dawggbob27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly think my biggest problem is my bankroll. A few of my friends say that I play low stakes more like people play higher stakes and thats what gets me in trouble, As far as low stakes mtts go, Mainly due to the number of bad players playing low stakes. Is this possible am I playing outside my range of players which is leading me to get donked out on alot? I notice that no matter what seems to be going on these players just randomly call me down even with nothing. IDK. What Im getting at is would it be okay if I shipped you some hand histories soemtime and have you analyze them for me??

larry4896

larry4896

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good job Trigga. My wife likes your voice,also. Whats with that? Interesting to listen to your thoughts. Keep up the teaching posts.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I honestly think my biggest problem is my bankroll. A few of my friends say that I play low stakes more like people play higher stakes and thats what gets me in trouble, As far as low stakes mtts go, Mainly due to the number of bad players playing low stakes. Is this possible am I playing outside my range of players which is leading me to get donked out on alot? I notice that no matter what seems to be going on these players just randomly call me down even with nothing. IDK. What Im getting at is would it be okay if I shipped you some hand histories soemtime and have you analyze them for me??

I kind of want to keep this thread about One table SNG's, since that's what the video is about. Also, I'm not sure if you have seen Snow's MTT thread, but there is a ton of good info in there!!!

With MTT's from $1 to $5 you are going to see a ton of questionable plays by players that just don't know any better. Heck, you'll see questionable plays in every limit, just for different reasons. The biggest problem players have in the low buyin MTT's is they don't know how to fold. You ever hear anyone say you can't bluff a calling station? It's true, you can't. I'm not saying everyone you run across playing that level is a calling station, but you need to keep that in the back of your mind.

I've found the best was to play the low level MTT's is the ABC method or KISS method (keep it simple stupid). You are not going to run into very many savvy players. Your goal in these tourneys is to do what I mentioned in my video, you want these players to make mistakes, that's how you make money. These players make mistakes more than any other limit, they'll chase a draw with incorrect odds, flat a three bet with AT out of position and over bet the pot on a pure bluff. It can get boring playing that way, waiting for spots to take advantage of mistakes, but it's the most profitable way to play over the long haul. You need to learn how to adapt your play according to the situation and the players at the table. It takes a lot of time and practice to be consistently good at MTT's and even then some idiot will still get lucky against you. Also with these big MTT's cashing 10% of the time is considered a well above average rate.

Yeah, PM me and I'll give you my email address and you can ship me some HH. What I'll probably do is use that HH to make a video, with your permission of course.

Good job Trigga. My wife likes your voice,also. Whats with that? Interesting to listen to your thoughts. Keep up the teaching posts.

LOL, not sure what's up with that. Does your wife have a single sister? Just need to keep my options open if it doesn't work out with MM:D

Thanks for the props Larry:)

D

dawggbob27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No Problem I think Im going to drop back from MTTs for a bit and work on my sng game. Yes Ive been reading Snows thread religiously. Ive had a few questions for him but it seems everytime I get one I think is good someone asks it ahead of me. But I will be in touch once I get my Hand histories gathered up. I actually just got rid of a bunch that I had gone over a 100 times and realized most of my beats were suckouts and there wasnt much I could do to prevent it lol. Anyway Thanks again for the awesome SNG videos and Ill send you some stuff later on.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for making this. i am going to download it now and hopefully check it out tonight.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also with these big MTT's cashing 10% of the time is considered a well above average rate.

A sidebar to the SNG vids, of course, but... I cash over 12% in big MTTs, and although ROI is good I still consider it to be marginal. Lookin for 15, also to go deeper more oftener, minus the tinfoil :)

In other words 'above average' don't bring home the turkey.

kmixer

kmixer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trigga I really enjoyed this video. Congrats on the win. Your plays made that possible in my opinion. Nice work.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Trig, i watched the whole video.. This hand may look like one in the video.. :) Ain't bad... Great minds think alike..

It doesn't look like any hand I played in the video. I didn't min raise an opened pot with AA, giving everyone else odds to flat behind me and creating a three way pot. I min raised an unopened pot hoping to induce a three bet or shove from the aggressive player yet to act behind me. There is a huge difference.

A sidebar to the SNG vids, of course, but... I cash over 12% in big MTTs, and although ROI is good I still consider it to be marginal. Lookin for 15, also to go deeper more oftener, minus the tinfoil :)

In other words 'above average' don't bring home the turkey.

I never said average was good:D I get what you are saying though, you don't make any money if you only cash in the first few pay levels. MTT's are all about the FT!!!

Trigga I really enjoyed this video. Congrats on the win. Your plays made that possible in my opinion. Nice work.

Thanks for the kind words, Kmixer:D

So did i, Kmixer. I have been doing my SnGs like this, they have been great.

Glad you are getting something out of the video Kid. See above where I talk about the AA though.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suggestion To All Please

After watching this video in its entirety I was impressed with the quality of plays and the quality of the analysis from TLOS.. I will be referring to this thread as I do Snows MTT thread anytime I have a question when it comes to certain situations..

On to my suggestion..

If were going to ask the OP questions can we all please listen to them? Not take his answer and add more complicated factors. This thread is supposed to be about Triggs video and our thoughts and observations. Not to be cluttering up the thread with ?'s that are already answered or to debate about something that were obviously not correct about..

Also there is a thread for Hand analysis in a ring game and another for Hand analysis in a MTT.

Lets not bite the hand that feeds us and drive someone nuts to the point where they may not make one of these useful tools for us again

Again this is just my opinion but I hope others agree

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This thread is supposed to be about Triggs video and our thoughts and observations. Not to be cluttering up the thread...

QFT, deleted sidetrack that was going nowhere.

Last edited:
kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, I know what you where getting at now, i don't use poker terms the much. But i do have a question, no i did play a hand like this.
Question Your on the button, the BB reraises you and you got AK, what would you do hes a LAG player...

evilbughead

evilbughead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well Done Trigga Congrats on the win well done again and i like the commentary you have made

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I know what you where getting at now, i don't use poker terms the much. But i do have a question, no i did play a hand like this.
Question Your on the button, the BB reraises you and you got AK, what would you do hes a LAG player...

Depends, was it unopened and you min raised the button or did you use a standard raise? What is your stack size, what is his? I assume this is a one table SNG you are talking about, how many players are still in the game?

All the above questions matter and you should be thinking about them with every action you make.

Well Done Trigga Congrats on the win well done again and i like the commentary you have made

Thank you sir:)

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends, was it unopened and you min raised the button or did you use a standard raise? What is your stack size, what is his? I assume this is a one table SNG you are talking about, how many players are still in the game?

All the above questions matter and you should be thinking about them with every action you make.

Unopened pot. 7 players left his stack 3,000 to 3,500, your is 1,200 to 1,400.
One table SNG.
3X the BB raise.
His reraise is the pot.
Blinds are 50/100.

Now, what i'm thinking is fold the hand and wait, and try limping next time to trap, or check raise him on the flop.
Also my thoughts are, i'm going to be first to act, if i miss the flop i'm out of chips, super shortstacked.

Most of the time when i find a LAG player i just sit back, wait for everyone else to knock him out, but i want your view on it.

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have A/K with 1,200 on the button and the blinds are 50/100.

You raise to 300 (900 to 1,100 left) and a loose player in the bb raises you, in a spot where you're apt to steal.

No brainer. You seriously ask this?

(Note: It's a bad opening raise. Just shove pre-flop. You're already committed to stack, and the dlop will miss you 2/3 of the time. You are totally misplaying A/K here.)

Last edited:
kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have A/K with 1,200 on the button and the blinds are 50/100.

You raise to 300 (900 to 1,100 left) and a loose player in the bb raises you, in a spot where you're apt to steal.

(Note: It's a bad opening raise. Just shove pre-flop. You're already committed to stack, and the flop will miss you 2/3 of the time. You are totally misplaying A/K here.)

Yes i did, Thanks.
I think AK is harder to play from the button, just becoz your in a spot where you can apt to steal.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unopened pot. 7 players left his stack 3,000 to 3,500, your is 1,200 to 1,400.
One table SNG.
3X the BB raise.
His reraise is the pot.
Blinds are 50/100.

Now, what i'm thinking is fold the hand and wait, and try limping next time to trap, or check raise him on the flop.
Also my thoughts are, i'm going to be first to act, if i miss the flop i'm out of chips, super shortstacked.

Most of the time when i find a LAG player i just sit back, wait for everyone else to knock him out, but i want your view on it.

(Note: It's a bad opening raise. Just shove pre-flop. You're already committed to stack, and the dlop will miss you 2/3 of the time. You are totally misplaying A/K here.)

Ugh seriously! ^^^^ this.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SP, pretty much took care of that one. Your M is less than 10, you are push fold at that point.

JLtrooper

JLtrooper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great video Trigga! Your analysis helped me find leaks in my own game. Bravo good sir, you are a gentleman and a scholar. :)

S

shanks99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Trigga,

Thanks for posting this video, I think it takes a lot of guts to post something like this and potentially open yourself up to criticism (and lots of ribbing...).

I'm new to online poker, so I have a couple of questions:

1) In your opinion, was the play from other players fairly representative of the play at this level, or was it better/worse than average at these stakes?

2) I know that you posted the replay of the tourney, but IIRC you mentioned a couple of times early on to keep track of the stats of the other players. It's my understanding that you are not allowed to use another program while you're playing. You can PM me if you like on this one.

I'm looking forward to the next video!

Shanks

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Trigga,

Thanks for posting this video, I think it takes a lot of guts to post something like this and potentially open yourself up to criticism (and lots of ribbing...).

I'm new to online poker, so I have a couple of questions:

1) In your opinion, was the play from other players fairly representative of the play at this level, or was it better/worse than average at these stakes?

Yeah, that's pretty much what you see at these stakes. You might play a one table SNG where you'll run into a player that knows what he's doing, but it doesn't happen that often. That play is pretty much what you can expect in the 3.40's.

2) I know that you posted the replay of the tourney, but IIRC you mentioned a couple of times early on to keep track of the stats of the other players. It's my understanding that you are not allowed to use another program while you're playing. You can PM me if you like on this one.

You need to read the rules of the site you are playing on. However, the program you saw in the video was the hand re-player in PT3 (Poker Tracker 3). PT3, is allowed to be used while playing on PokerStars, Full Tilt and the Cerus network. There might be other sites that allow PT3, those are just the sites I play on and know for a fact you can use it on those sites while playing. In the second SNG video you can see PT3 in action.

PT3 is legal to use, because all it does is record the hand histories for the games you are playing.

I'm looking forward to the next video!

Next video is already made, this one is a SNG that I recorded while I played, not a hand re-player like the first one.

You can watch the second video here

Shanks

Read bold text in above quote.