Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for doing this CHAMP :D

You are welcome, glad you liked it.:)

What site are you playing SNG's on?

You didn't watch the video did you:)

The video was a one table SNG on PS. I play one table SNG's on the big three, FTP, PS and UB.

Thanks so much, Trigga! I think you might have a career opportunity here. Seriously. Your analysis throughout the entire gig was not only astute, but understandable to the average player which I feel is a huge plus.

Can't wait until the next one...

Thanks Lark, glad you liked it. A career? Lol, that's streaching it a little:D The video was a pain in the ass to make. I had no clue how to use the software when I started. But, now that I've done it, it will be easier and better the next time around.

I thought I heard him say he was playing one of those $3.40 Stars 10 player SNG's.

Was a 9 player.

Great tips. Watched all the vids!

Too bad. Streaming > D-Ling

It's streaming on youtube. I don't think the quality is that bad. I can see the hud stats fine.

If you are having problems with the video being so small. Go to View, then zoom, and then check 200% on the tool bar of your browser.

Last edited:
StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have watched 1 & 2 and so far loving it! I plan to watch the rest on Sunday & Monday or maybe all on Sunday. Like someone else has mentioned, I like that you go over your thought process of each hand, even the hands that you are not in.

Do you normally play 1 table at a time or do you multi-table when you are playing 1 table sng's?

I had a great run last week and the last few days have been horrid for me. I have non stop distractions at home, that's my life and no getting around it. My problem is not dropping down to fewer tables the past few days while I've been playing (in my defense I was under the impression I would have limited distractions while playing and it didn't work out that way).

What program did you use to make the video?
I had been pm'ing back and forth with several members last week and I can't remember which one suggested a program to me - I believe it started with a C.

*On a side note - you have a sexy voice Trigg! Next time you make a video can you say in a low raspy voice "Who's your daddy?" :eek: :D LMAO! (Just trying to embarrass you!) :p

Great job and I look forward to to watching the others!

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not enough hands Kid. You'll get yourself in trouble doing that.
The only time i get in to trouble, is on a .10c 360 player tables, where everyone will call a raise, with crap.
I did find out how to take care of a bully, it was the first time i tried it, on one.
2 where taken out, with in 18 hands. 1 of which i took out, with a raise from the button JKos, and had her calling my bets, the flop was JJ5, i was making pot size bets, and the river came a king, pot size bet, she reraises me and so i call, she shows J4, that was 10 hands in.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On a side note - you have a sexy voice Trigg!

I can't resist this one. Sexy, sincere and thoughtful--can't ask for more than that--swoon--what a combo! Back to my career idea, Trigga: the guys would buy or subscribe to these in order to get an edge and increase their skills; the gals would buy them because...because...well, I think you get my drift ;).

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sigh, I cannot get the magaupload thing to work. I signed in and it downloads but I cannot get it to play. I am missing something (again). So will do the utube thing.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sigh, I cannot get the magaupload thing to work. I signed in and it downloads but I cannot get it to play. I am missing something (again). So will do the utube thing.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
you need to up date WMP to play mp4 files, i think...
On a side note, i found the funny...
*On a side note - you have a sexy voice Trigg! Next time you make a video can you say in a low raspy voice "Who's your daddy?" :eek: :D LMAO! (Just trying to embarrass you!) :p

I would fall out of my chair, LOLing, if Trig did that...

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nicely done Trigga.
Thank you for putting this together and I especially liked the fact it was not a slam dunk, you did have a couple tricky spots and it helped to see you work through them and prevail.
Awesome job and Congrats on the win!

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's streaming on youtube. I don't think the quality is that bad. I can see the hud stats fine.
My point is that it wouldn't be in 10 parts on Blip.tv. Just 1 file. They don't limit you to 10-minute clips like YouTube. Not sure if you knew that.

1 whole stream > 10 parts. :cool: :cool: Oh well, maybe next time.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great stuff, you have a really good way of explaining your thought process whether it works or goofs (like the HU AJ boat u called w Ks on river lol!!) :D, generally great play and well explained, txs.

I hate the end of a marathon (i.e. overtime and u gotta do something else) session where villain bounces back in one critical hand and you know u r in for another longer fight... hard to overcome tiredness or distraction (gotta go!) at that point!

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

That was very good Trigga. It will help me a lot in my game.:D

And I have to agree about your voice...very good Storm! LMAO!:eek: :eek: :D

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you normally play 1 table at a time or do you multi-table when you are playing 1 table sng's?

I have played four at a time in the past. However, I've found my win rate suffers when I do that. So when I'm plying one table SNG's I usually play two at the same time.

I had a great run last week and the last few days have been horrid for me. I have non stop distractions at home, that's my life and no getting around it. My problem is not dropping down to fewer tables the past few days while I've been playing (in my defense I was under the impression I would have limited distractions while playing and it didn't work out that way).

Distractions will kill you while playing, you'll miss things. It's kinda hard when you have young kids running around. I would suggest only playing one table if you're going to have distractions. Think about it, when you are playing more then one table you already have a distraction, the other tables. This will affect your win rate. Outside distractions will have a further negative effect. Therefore I would only play one table. Unless, you are playing a couple CC money added at the same time. The money added would make that tourney +EV and worth playing if you had another tourney going at the same time.

What program did you use to make the video?
I had been pm'ing back and forth with several members last week and I can't remember which one suggested a program to me - I believe it started with a C.

I used Camtasia Studeo 6. That's just the program that records the video and the audio. It also has editing software, which I used to fix some of the audio issues I was having. Then Camtasia also renders the file to whatever format you want, for my video I rendered it to a .mp4 format.

As far as what you saw in the video, that was the hand replayer that comes with Poker Tracker 3 (PT3). The reason I used that was so you could also see the HUD stats. If you are not using a program like PT3 or HEM (Hold'em Manager) you are only hurting yourself. Especially if you have outside distractions, this will help give you an idea what your opponents are doing.

I might do a video later of me playing a SNG live, if I can be sure I wont have audio issues. Again, that was my first video and I needed to learn the software, although I don't think my audio issues were due to user error.

Who's your daddy? (in a low raspy sexy voice)...

Oh, I guess that doesn't work in a post:p

Great job and I look forward to to watching the others!

see bold above ^^^

Other videos to come in the future. I'm thinking about doing one a month as long as there is interest. Maybe add a co host or something. We'll see:D

Glad you liked the video Storm:)

The only time i get in to trouble, is on a .10c 360 player tables, where everyone will call a raise, with crap.
I did find out how to take care of a bully, it was the first time i tried it, on one.
2 where taken out, with in 18 hands. 1 of which i took out, with a raise from the button JKos, and had her calling my bets, the flop was JJ5, i was making pot size bets, and the river came a king, pot size bet, she reraises me and so i call, she shows J4, that was 10 hands in.

JKos with a button raise is different than JKos UTG. You can't even compare the two. It's all about position!!!

I can't resist this one. Sexy, sincere and thoughtful--can't ask for more than that--swoon--what a combo! Back to my career idea, Trigga: the guys would buy or subscribe to these in order to get an edge and increase their skills; the gals would buy them because...because...well, I think you get my drift ;).

LOL, I don't know what to say, other than thank you:D

When I was in HS there was this girl that always said I sounded like Kevin Costner. She would always run up to me and say "Say "This is Iowa," you have to say "This is Iowa!!!"" I would say it, because she was hot!!! LOL, then she would always say "OMG you sound just like Kevin Costner!!!" LOL, I don't hear it, but she sure did.

I'm glad you and Storm like the sound of my voice:D

Look at kids post #34, I'm pretty sure that's the answer.

Nicely done Trigga.
Thank you for putting this together and I especially liked the fact it was not a slam dunk, you did have a couple tricky spots and it helped to see you work through them and prevail.
Awesome job and Congrats on the win!

Thanks Pooffy. It's very rare to have everything go the way you planned in poker. You just have to adjust your play due to your stack size compared to the other stacks and the opponents playing those stacks.

My point is that it wouldn't be in 10 parts on Blip.tv. Just 1 file. They don't limit you to 10-minute clips like YouTube. Not sure if you knew that.

1 whole stream > 10 parts. :cool: :cool: Oh well, maybe next time.

Point made, in the process of getting it on blip.tv, should be up in an hour or so. I'll post a link in this thread when it's up.

Great stuff, you have a really good way of explaining your thought process whether it works or goofs (like the HU AJ boat u called w Ks on river lol!!) :D, generally great play and well explained, txs.

Thanks Makwa, yeah we all make goofs here and there. You just want to make the goofs as small and infrequent as possible.

I hate the end of a marathon (i.e. overtime and u gotta do something else) session where villain bounces back in one critical hand and you know u r in for another longer fight... hard to overcome tiredness or distraction (gotta go!) at that point!

see bold above^^^

When I play I try to give myself enough time for what I'm playing. If it's an MTT or an SNG, I always plan on going deep and set enough time aside accordingly. However, things don't always go the way you plan them:D

If I only have an hour, I just play ring. I never play if I have less than an hour. I've done that in the past and it sucks if someone sucks out on you early and you lose a stack, and then you have to leave ten minutes later. There is no way you are coming back from that, unless you get some hands and get someone to stack off light.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

That was very good Trigga. It will help me a lot in my game.:D

And I have to agree about your voice...very good Storm! LMAO!:eek: :eek: :D

I'm glad you found the video helpfull MM!!

LOL, glad you agree about my voice:D

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trigga= single

Maid Marian = single

HHmmm :rolleyes: Maid Trigga?

Snow :cool:

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats snow on making this thread:

[ ] not awkward
[x] AWKWARD

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, but one is in NY, the other is in AL.

...fireworks at the next CC meet in Las Vegas?

Oh man... imagine the courtship video! "This is the Ladies Champ!"

Snowmobiler

Snowmobiler

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They could have matching TinFoil hats!

Snow :cool: