Poker profitable? Or not?

S

Sacredoro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course is it, but only if you're good enough. So you need to improve your game (read books, watch videos or use training software). You really need to play a lot and be a good quitter, it won't do you any good if you lose a couple of hands, turn into a crazy tilt and lose all your money back and more.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think is better if you play more than one table at a time? What do you think about?

K

kay1919kay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are looking to make money re-buys into bigger satalites are one way stay away from multi all-ins as normally the worst hand wins. However this is also a fast way to make a bankroll vanish as well if you don't have a max amount you can play set aside.

However 1 year ago I played 5 hours a day sng only 20+$ games end of the month I was normally up 500$ so overall wasn't enough to live off of thats for sure stopped playing for a while. One thing I learned its not like riding a bike thats for sure find the game you are good at stick with it and master it. Takes time and patients

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are looking to make money re-buys into bigger satalites are one way stay away from multi all-ins as normally the worst hand wins. However this is also a fast way to make a bankroll vanish as well if you don't have a max amount you can play set aside.

However 1 year ago I played 5 hours a day sng only 20+$ games end of the month I was normally up 500$ so overall wasn't enough to live off of thats for sure stopped playing for a while. One thing I learned its not like riding a bike thats for sure find the game you are good at stick with it and master it. Takes time and patients

This is very interesting thank my friend good luck

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make a small profit playing poker. Surely not anywhere near making a living one, but enough to pay for things my wife would otherwise prefer I not spend my money on.

PokerNuts01

PokerNuts01

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pick the Right Game for Your Skill Level and Bankroll and you have a chance!

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
like anything in life, if it's a passion u love ,enjoy the time ,expeirnce the moments and the time, never over indulge ,that can bring some bad omen;s

V

vaci38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is for some people very profitable, not for everyone, for example, I play poker for fun, just playing free roll tournaments I have no ambition to become a professional player, if I can get the money of the tournament is ok if I don get again ok :)I know many people who earn money by playing poker,but in life nothing is sure, so not sure profits from poker :)

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that profitable+fun in the process

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you son of good ideas.good luck

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aszuper VIP race Saturday. I got no one gives toll hejre.A poker gods are against me now:joyman:

srqgrinder

srqgrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Instead of depositing, use that money to get a few poker books! It will definitely help you out and get you going the the direction you want to be! I love Barry Greenstein's book Ace on the river. Maybe a little more towards a beginner book but thats a personal favorite. Anybody can play poker. Learn the game and give yourself every slight edge possible! Gl!!

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on how you play
If you have more wins then it is wonderful
but if losing more then you should think about your game
maybe something wrong

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
but if losing more then you should think about their own game
maybe something wrong

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Instead of depositing, use that money to get a few poker books! It will definitely help you out and get you going the the direction you want to be! I love Barry Greenstein's book Ace on the river. Maybe a little more towards a beginner book but thats a personal favorite. Anybody can play poker. Learn the game and give yourself every slight edge possible! Gl!!

Thanks.But I do not really think it would be better if you read a book. If everyone reading the same book as you are jo Ojanen who will win?:confused:But thank you. Good luck

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
but if losing more then you should think about their own game
maybe something wrong

You got that right I know that this is my game your friends are baj.Mert Akki can win every month profit.Thanks good luck

srqgrinder

srqgrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You dont think it would be better to get insight from people who have made millions playing poker? Besides playing, how do you get better at the game besides watching/reading poker?

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You dont think it would be better to get insight from people who have made millions playing poker? Besides playing, how do you get better at the game besides watching/reading poker?

I never thought that I would win 1000000USD. I just want to make a profit every month.Thanks good luck

srqgrinder

srqgrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play poker. Full time, as a living. It is very profitable if you put forth the effort. I mostly play cash game but will jump in a tournament. So yes. Poker is profitable. Just have to minimize mistakes and maximize value. Do you only play online or ever any live games?

Doblador bus

Doblador bus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case I do not take it like doing something to make money, it would be a mistake to just focus on money

R

rushdaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always make a profit in the long run. With that being said during your poker career/hobby you will find that its kind of like a roller coaster in the fact that you will be up alot of money at a time then in a rut for a while, but if you are a top poker player with good strategy you will most likely make a profit in the long run.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker. Full time, as a living. It is very profitable if you put forth the effort. I mostly play cash game but will jump in a tournament. So yes. Poker is profitable. Just have to minimize mistakes and maximize value. Do you only play online or ever any live games?
rarely play cash games. I play more MTT.Thanks Good luck

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always make a profit in the long run. With that being said during your poker career/hobby you will find that its kind of like a roller coaster in the fact that you will be up alot of money at a time then in a rut for a while, but if you are a top poker player with good strategy you will most likely make a profit in the long run.

Thanks Good luck

Bogdan Pyts

Bogdan Pyts

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But for somebody poker is work. Then poker may profitable

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First try to play one-on-one, more chances to win. Later you can move on, choose your strategy and do not rush into tournaments with a big contribution.