Poker profitable? Or not?

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First try to play one-on-one, more chances to win. Later you can move on, choose your strategy and do not rush into tournaments with a big contribution.

Thanks Good luck

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So far I have come out ahead. Certainly not enough to live on or even consider a part time job, but enough to afford to do some fun things with the family and buy some things I have wanted to and otherwise would not have. I also do MUCH better live than I do online. They are different games.

L

leon_fush

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To make poker profitable you need to be a professional and create a poker game with your work that will take 10-12 hours a day ... then it should become profitable))) But most players play for the pleasure of the process ... well, it's nice when You win something))))

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So far I have come out ahead. Certainly not enough to live on or even consider a part time job, but enough to afford to do some fun things with the family and buy some things I have wanted to and otherwise would not have. I also do MUCH better live than I do online. They are different games.

There is some truth.Good luck

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To make poker profitable you need to be a professional and create a poker game with your work that will take 10-12 hours a day ... then it should become profitable))) But most players play for the pleasure of the process ... well, it's nice when You win something))))

Thanks Good luck my friend;)

VovanBaron

VovanBaron

RiddlesInTheShadow
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is profitable if u r clever enough to get used and play progressive game.

rohankamble9

rohankamble9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well it depends on your skill..which is developed only with experience in this game...so it is profitable if you put time and effort into it

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello.

Hi.Playing poker may be profitable for all.The most difficult is to control your profits.When i am playing cash ,i buy in 20 $ i make them 100$ until now is all ok ...but there start your control .With 100 $ you will play more hands ,you will take more riskes etc.Thats why i believe with the proper chip control you gain money .

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im trying ambiciously to outplay to take some place in tournaments, but still no results about half year playing professionaly with HUD and still there is no success, so heavy cant impress with words.
IM usually playing freerolls, and sometimes im getting some places there and i thought that i can play low buy in tournaments but still im only loosing dont know how to succed. Most cases there is luck making me out, there is low equity outplay me on turn or river is almost not possible to control with skill or any other information about poker, its just randomly outcoming card decide your destiny.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is impossible in poker that all players would make a profit. Someone wins and somebody loses. On a cash game, for example, only 15% of players can be in profit. So says the statistics.

L

lgcmn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im trying ambiciously to outplay to take some place in tournaments, but still no results about half year playing professionaly with HUD and still there is no success, so heavy cant impress with words.
IM usually playing freerolls, and sometimes im getting some places there and i thought that i can play low buy in tournaments but still im only loosing dont know how to succed. Most cases there is luck making me out, there is low equity outplay me on turn or river is almost not possible to control with skill or any other information about poker, its just randomly outcoming card decide your destiny.

poker is 50% skill and 50% luck.. so even when u have AA, doesn't mean u will 100% win.. but from my point of view, this situation makes poker more interesting..
if u want to advance your skills in poker, u can visit School at pokerstars.. it's very helpful for understanding poker and will help u to higher your chances to win..

good luck)

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is impossible in poker that all players would make a profit. Someone wins and somebody loses. On a cash game, for example, only 15% of players can be in profit. So says the statistics.
Thanks Good luck

avipokiri143

avipokiri143

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is profitable if you do it the right way. Learn by reading and playing and watching some training videos. Also, learn how to manage your bankroll well and over a period of time you will be a winning player. Most importantly, don't forget to have fun.

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is profitable if you do it the right way. Learn by reading and playing and watching some training videos. Also, learn how to manage your bankroll well and over a period of time you will be a winning player. Most importantly, don't forget to have fun.

this is very important but I could look as from the morning until the evening the video it would not be a winning player:joyman: GOOD LUCK

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is very interesting.85% lose?:confused:

B

Bagdalac4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately, I have not really profitable. I usually paid 50 usd. but I'm losing end of the month. It was bigger prize you? If so write about it. Good luck for everyone;)

It is not profitable for you because you pay the tourneys. I earn money on freerolls and with that won amount I play cash tables. Good luck to you too.

W

WisdomMan87

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No 85% of the players are not losers. Another 20% play without losses, their money remains. Therefore, 65%.

well then, 10 years ago i was reading studys done that said only 10 % of poker player win in long run so i would say it would be even less in todays tough games, it said that only 5 % win anually and the other 5% are one time big hits that make them a winning player, definitly not 65% , keep in mind rake also so you have to be better then your opponents by 10% on average to even beat the rake for most games fees are 10% of buy in .

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today and lately, not at all. Mind u it is mostly freerolls

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not a game where success and profit comes over the night..You have to be dedicated and focused to the game to make a huge step forwared

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not a game where success and profit comes over the night..You have to be dedicated and focused to the game to make a huge step forwared

no game? So what? WORK? or sports?