**Official Micro Stakes Madness 5NL,10NL,25NL Focus Group**

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm too tired to play tonight, so I figure I'd do a session analysis rather than playing on my C game. Send me some hands. 6-max/HU preferred.

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really need to start getting serious amounts of hands played. Been doing too much studying/discussing various topics with friends lately. Well, probably not too much, since it's been constructive, but regardless I need to start getting hands in. GO GO GO!!!

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone be up for a sweat session here in about an hour? If so you can AIM me at "Krokieman"

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after todays Full Tilt update that put micro stakes on there the rake at 25nl (not sure if its all other stakes) is being taken differently

is it still the same percent just taken in a different way or does anyone know?

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do you have msn?

No, but I can get it if need be.

P.S. If you are wanting to sweat me, it will probably be in the 3pm 3K GTD. It's coming up in 1/2 hour and I sattied in.

Edit: I guess I can't get MSN. My OS is XP Home and I never could get the Service Pack 2 to d/l. I've went through CS and everything and they could never figure out why it wouldn't d/l. So no MSN for me.

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after todays Full Tilt update that put micro stakes on there the rake at 25nl (not sure if its all other stakes) is being taken differently

is it still the same percent just taken in a different way or does anyone know?

There is a thread over on 4 about this. Apparently they are taking 1c/20c instead of 5c/$1 before. Net effect is that 25nl players will pay slightly more rake than before because pots that see a flop but don't reach $1 will still be raked whereas before they were not. So if say SB completes, BB checks, SB bets flop and BB folds there is now rake taken. They did drop the rake at 10nl and below to like 6% from 10% so it's better for 10nl players. Only 25nl will be effected negatively, because at 50nl at up any hand that sees a flop will have a pot of $1 or greater.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HA, please. I posted this hand in BBV more as a brag, but I would like to know if I could've played it better.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We're neither 100bb deep nor on the BTN. First limper is ~65bb deep and we're in MP1.

meh, this is one reason people should always use HH converters, even in BBV. :)

anyway, still think limping along is fine here.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
swoooooooooooooooooooooongy day but put in 4.5k !

Having a refresher sweat tomorrow with Jay, should be cool. Just need to brush up on skills and check I am playing correct

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It looks to me like I'm getting targeted by a thinking player at some tables ($10NL). This player will generally be one to three seats to my left, will call whenever I open the pot (whether he's IP or OOP - my typical preflop opening from HJ to button is 4x BB), will call my cbet on the flop, and then will raise or c/r my turn bet.

Whether or not I'm seeing ghosts (i.e., whether anyone's really doing this at 10NL or 25NL), there's a really cool blog posting from gobsmacked1 on stoxpoker.com describing the strategy that my theoretical ghosts are using:

"The key concept I want to talk about today is this - using position to completely frustrate/tilt/dominate/anger regulars at the level you play... For instance, the flop comes down 9-6-3 rainbow and your opponent cbets. bluff raise that sh*t! Good tag players HATE playing raised pots out of position against aggressive players unless they are very comfortable with their hand."

The full discussion is very good, above is just a snippet. http://www.stoxpoker.com/viewblogs.php?memberblog=true

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whether or not I'm seeing ghosts (i.e., whether anyone's really doing this at 10NL or 25NL), there's a really cool blog posting from gobsmacked1 on stoxpoker.com describing the strategy that my theoretical ghosts are using:

"The key concept I want to talk about today is this - using position to completely frustrate/tilt/dominate/anger regulars at the level you play... For instance, the flop comes down 9-6-3 rainbow and your opponent cbets. Bluff raise that sh*t! Good tag players HATE playing raised pots out of position against aggressive players unless they are very comfortable with their hand."

The full discussion is very good, above is just a snippet. http://www.stoxpoker.com/viewblogs.php?memberblog=true

Oh boy, am I being played this way! I really hate this shit and it is very tilting. But I've learned to just move tables when I see this happening a lot.

Another thing they like to do, is when I'm on the button, they raise it 5x BB. I can't even steal anymore! Frustrating.:mad::mad:

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^ LOL - yeah, I've ended up just moving to other tables when I think this is happening to me, not worth the trouble when there are plenty of tables where I don't think the guys to my left are capable of this... :D

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, can you imagine how much sleep you would lose over that. And the story you might tell to the bill collectors when they start calling.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's cra-p. Seriously must be suicide inducing.

Anyway. Hello! Been reading this great thread and going to try and get a bit more active in it now I've gone from 2 to 5NL (yeah I'm balla :)). Been some great advice here so far and I hope to be the benefit of it and, hopefully, make some sort of decent contribution myself.

Last edited: