**Official Micro Stakes Madness 5NL,10NL,25NL Focus Group**

bob_tiger

bob_tiger

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice thread, bob! This is what I have been trying to do; have good pot control and try to make sure I get all my money in by the river. But it seems this week the doomswitch has been activated into "Bad Beat River Mode".

just keep making good plays and in long run you will come wayyyy ahead and we both know thats true :)

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just keep making good plays and in long run you will come wayyyy ahead and we both know thats true :)

I know that, really I do. But I'm just hoping my b/r can withstand this last bout of crap I've been dealing with.

But thanks for the pep talk!:D

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so poker is back in full swing for me now. I logged about 12k hands in the past week, obviously met with the obligatory "Super DOOMSWITCH" welcome back present. I'm only about 1000bb below EV in all-in pots for my first 12k hands, not a bad way to start my 2009 I guess.

At the advice of some friends, I decided to start back in the micros again. 6-max only this time, no more HU. As always, I'm always available via MSN if you want to chat, address is in my profile.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know that, really I do. But I'm just hoping my b/r can withstand this last bout of crap I've been dealing with.

But thanks for the pep talk!:D

Remember BR management m8, drop down a level when you need to and you will never go bust.

I was reading HOH cash seris and there is an interview at the end with some top poker pro.

He says that the biggest difference between the old timers playing and the newer generation of 'internet kids' is that the latter dont really know how to deal with a downswing. He says that we are too used to winning. He says an older pro is more used to playing everyday and loosing for a month.. but still able to keep the faith because he knows its just a downswing.

May be a good thing for you mate.. if you learn how to deal with it at themicro stakes and just understand its part of the game, then you should have greater confidence in your own abilities when it happens at the higher stakes.

Good luck.. you'll get good cards soon ;)

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Remember BR management m8, drop down a level when you need to and you will never go bust.

I was reading HOH cash seris and there is an interview at the end with some top poker pro.

He says that the biggest difference between the old timers playing and the newer generation of 'internet kids' is that the latter dont really know how to deal with a downswing. He says that we are too used to winning. He says an older pro is more used to playing everyday and loosing for a month.. but still able to keep the faith because he knows its just a downswing.

May be a good thing for you mate.. if you learn how to deal with it at themicro stakes and just understand its part of the game, then you should have greater confidence in your own abilities when it happens at the higher stakes.

Good luck.. you'll get good cards soon ;)

Great way to look at it, stu! Thanks. And I am calming down quite a bit since yesterdays fiasco. I'm limiting myself to tourneys and super micro 6 max and HU single tables. I'm also trying to watch a bunch of vids and read the forum a lot too.

Anyone give me some links to some good 6 max 10NL videos?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cas...ed-set-position-dry-board-143270/#post1082567

Small discussion of a hand that I feel like I used to make mistakes in when I just moved up from smaller limits, I would suggest for you guys to look at it and understand why I do what I do in the hand, ask questions if you don't understand and I will explain.

Bob, this is great stuff - I definitely need work on postflop play.

Guys, I posted a hand that I'd appreciate feedback on - I posted it because of Bob's post, I think the play I used wasn't optimal and I lost value along the way - thanks in advance - https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cas...ing-value-flopped-top-set-143347/#post1083467

C

custo80

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all,

busy as hell with work but just wanted to show my month 2 date progress and get some feedback.

Hope everyones doing well

If for some reason the pic doesn't get bigger basically heres the summary:

2927 hands
$48.70 profit
BB/100 16.64
Days Played 10

Attachments

• 5NL M2D.jpg
    5NL M2D.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 10
S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, so poker is back in full swing for me now. I logged about 12k hands in the past week, obviously met with the obligatory "Super DOOMSWITCH" welcome back present. I'm only about 1000bb below EV in all-in pots for my first 12k hands, not a bad way to start my 2009 I guess.

At the advice of some friends, I decided to start back in the micros again. 6-max only this time, no more HU. As always, I'm always available via MSN if you want to chat, address is in my profile.

Welcome back buddy :).
So your back to what 10,25NL?

Any way nice to have u back ;)

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey guys, when should i start 'taking shots' at 10nl?? I'm playing 5nl now and have managed to get my roll up to $150, i'm thinking of moving up when i get to $250 but ive heard some people take little stabs at the next limit to get a feel for it and try and build their roll faster. Only thing thats putting me off is that if i got felted at 10nl thats 2 buyins of the limit i'm at now and would set me back a bit with regards to building the roll up to 250, decisions decisions!!

Also, At the min i'm 4-tabling so i'm playing with $20 of my roll at a time, is this too much to be playing with a $150 roll?? It sounds too much in theory but in practice i've never had a session yet where i'm losing at all of my table at the same time.

If i wanted to take a shot at 10nl should i just open 2 tables of 5nl and 1 table of 10nl, instead of my usual 4 x 5nl tables??

My blogs been updated anyways, please take a gander because the comments have really been spurring me on :) and thanks to this thread mainly i'm really starting to build the roll up, it's good that some of the exp posters on here can read it and see how much their advice and strategy's are helping me out, cheers guys

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey guys, when should i start 'taking shots' at 10nl?? I'm playing 5nl now and have managed to get my roll up to $150, i'm thinking of moving up when i get to $250 but ive heard some people take little stabs at the next limit to get a feel for it and try and build their roll faster. Only thing thats putting me off is that if i got felted at 10nl thats 2 buyins of the limit i'm at now and would set me back a bit with regards to building the roll up to 250, decisions decisions!!

Also, At the min i'm 4-tabling so i'm playing with $20 of my roll at a time, is this too much to be playing with a $150 roll?? It sounds too much in theory but in practice i've never had a session yet where i'm losing at all of my table at the same time.

If i wanted to take a shot at 10nl should i just open 2 tables of 5nl and 1 table of 10nl, instead of my usual 4 x 5nl tables??

Personally I don't like to mix levels 'cause I might get confused.

I'd suggest setting a couple buyins as a test bankroll to test and just try it. Once that money is gone, go back. If it never goes, just move on up. But also maybe just cut down to one or two tables while you're doing this so you can focus more and risk less cash.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would wait till you get about 20 buyins for 10nl. Set a stopless, cut back to like 2 tables or something and concentrate on taking notes and feeling things out.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Peel take shots when you feel comfy, if 25 BIs is enough for you then sure take a shot, open up 2 tables and have a go, or you could take a shot when you are on a sweat with a higher limit player buddy.

Up to you though, its all personal preference

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone, or more than one, willing to look at about 10 or so hand histories for me?

I just took a bunch of the hands with biggest loses in the last few days in one text file. I know that I'm running bad right now, and what usually happens is I get too loose preflop and spew postflop. Preflop seems to be keeping under control, but I'm not sure about postflop.

If anyone is willing, let me know here or PM me and we can exchange email addresses to do this.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Extremely good post mate.. I have just skimmed through it.. will reread it properly later today.

If you still can.. I would delete it from this tread and start a new one just for that post.. then put a link in here to it.

That way people will be more able to find it in the future and all comments relating to that artical will be kkept in the one post.

Well done though.. it looks very good.

ZZFLOP

ZZFLOP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I didn't write it that's why included his name (Raw's guide) in the post, found it a couple days ago, good info.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can you repost it in it's own thread like stu said? That would be nice since I always lose things like this and I don't have time to read it right now.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good stuff Brad. Look forward to you and Jake pushing each other up the limits.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets Get grinding Bitches !!!!!!!!! 25 billionth hand is coming my way IMO !!!
If it does will set a VIP freeroll invitational only for CC members!

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
coming up on another final table in a $4 180.

EDIT: scratch that. I can't hit an overcard to save my life. AK < QQ on the ft bubble. Had to shove was short.
I've been up with AKx2 and AQ once vs a pocket pair in that tourny, lost all 3...

Last edited: