**Official Micro Stakes Madness 5NL,10NL,25NL Focus Group**

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmm 25NL hasnt started fantastic, down just over a BI but dont get how I must have lost a load of small pots! I was up 2 BI's at one point. May have another session later.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Finally. I am finally playing some clear-headed yet aggressive poker. Up 3.5 BI's today and after a homework break I'll try to put in another good session in there.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lemly, you are also 10nl FR, correct? I think we were at the same table a few days ago.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I, too, am a micro-stakes player. Mostly 2nl, but I look to deposit and move up to 5nl-10nl soon.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lemly, you are also 10nl FR, correct? I think we were at the same table a few days ago.

Yessir. I'd say at least 75% of my hands come from FR. and we were at the same table the other day. said hello but i was wrapping up and you looked busy.

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im playing FR, currently taking my 1st shot at 25NL as we speak! hope you get involved more dude

thats the plan. trying to get involved in the HA forum more now and got c9 analyzing a session for me now. Hopefully ill be rolled for 25nl sometime next month.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I'm going to start playing 10nl 6max on UB to clear bonus. Was trying to do it playing Razz but I'm losing $5 for every $5 bonus. Still have ~$170 bonus left to clear, don't know how many hands it will take at 10nl.

One problem, the free hud doesn't work there. Wanted to buy HEM with UB money after finishing the bonus, but don't think you can do that anymore. Do they accept any site money transfers as payment?

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WEEE. Finally kept up the solid game all sunday :D

Attachments

• PDF.pdf
    64.6 KB · Views: 4
Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys wanna start looking at some topics of discussion. Like make a list of topics, then someone gets allocated (or volunteer's) to researcha subject. After a week or so you come back here and make a post about it.

It will give you guys a goal to expand your knowledge.

Topics could be something like:

Mathematics of setmining/suited cons
SPR
Hand Ranges and how we use them
Fold equity
Pot odds
Equity
Implied odds
Reverse Implied Odds

Thre's a multitude of topics available and the list can be as complicated/simple as you like, but it will get you guys thinking more about important stuff and not just looking at your 2 cards.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nice work lemly keep it going dude.

Yeah thats a sweet idea Jay, who would be down for doing this ??

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's one thing for your thoughts about set mining:

Consider there's a preflop raiser and you hold 88. Should you fold, call or 3bet? The answer is: it depends. It depends on effective stacks, position and villain's PFR%. What combinations of these 3 factors lead to each of the 3 actions?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SUCKOUT!!! HAHA!! Seriously I have never run into so many sets in such a small amount of hands! Also everybody slowplays at 25NL so going to have to watch that.

Ended up +$6.80

lol dont get how I keep losing money without losing big pots, maybe its just the fact steals get called and cbets then thats $3 so over a few tables thats like a buy in. Not sure anyway have to see and maybe have some work done on that.

poker stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

MP1: $21.20 (84.8 bb)
MP2: $25 (100 bb)
MP3: $26.35 (105.4 bb)
CO: $37.60 (150.4 bb)
BTN: $28.60 (114.4 bb)
SB: $14.75 (59 bb)
BB: $25 (100 bb)
UTG: $33.65 (134.6 bb)
Hero (UTG+1): $29.65 (118.6 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is UTG+1 with A:club: A:heart:
UTG folds, Hero raises to $1, MP1 folds, MP2 calls $1, 5 folds

Flop: ($2.35) Q:club: 3:spade: K:diamond: (2 players)
Hero bets $1.60, MP2 calls $1.60

Turn: ($5.55) 2:club: (2 players)
Hero bets $4, MP2 raises to $12, Hero raises to $27.05 and is all-in, MP2 calls $10.40 and is all-in

River: ($50.35) A:spade: (2 players, 2 are all-in)

Results:[spoil] $50.35 pot ($2.50 rake)
Hero showed A:club: A:heart: (three of a kind, Aces) and won $47.85 ($22.85 net)
MP2 mucked 3:diamond: 3:club: (three of a kind, Threes) and lost (-$25 net)
[/spoil]

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turn: ($5.55) 2<font color='black'>♣</font> (2 players)
Hero bets $4, MP2 raises to $12, Hero raises to $27.05 and is all-in, MP2 calls $10.40 and is all-in

any evidence that villain is super aggro? Because otherwise your OP is never good against a beluga.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whats a beluga? and no evidence what so ever!

Maybe this is one of the major differences between 10NL + 25NL the fact people set mine and slow play so much and do it alot better.

I ran into sets loads of times, for small pots but they all add up and im beginning to think TPTK is no good for showdown on the river anymore.

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
brag -- up 11 buy ins for the weekend :)
beat -- i have been shortstacking 10nl :(

shortstacking is so dirty

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beluga is when you get raised on turn after firing two barrels as the preflop raiser. Usually means a one pair hand is no good.

ah yeah I remember now, looks like I got lucky. Thanks for the reminder belgo, well noticed lol

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's one thing for your thoughts about set mining:

Consider there's a preflop raiser and you hold 88. Should you fold, call or 3bet? The answer is: it depends. It depends on effective stacks, position and villain's PFR%. What combinations of these 3 factors lead to each of the 3 actions?
Low PFR = call, high PFR = raise. This takes into account position (since UTG PFR is generally lower than say OTB).

Low stacks = raise, ~100-150bb stacks = call, super deep = raisey daisy.

Be more inclined to 3-bet OOP if they fold lots to 3-bets, be more inclined to 3-bet in position if they call a lot of 3-bets.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Low PFR = call, high PFR = raise. This takes into account position (since UTG PFR is generally lower than say OTB).

Low stacks = raise, ~100-150bb stacks = call, super deep = raisey daisy.

Be more inclined to 3-bet OOP if they fold lots to 3-bets, be more inclined to 3-bet in position if they call a lot of 3-bets.

So you're never folding 88 to a PFR?

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not often. I think my VPIP with 88 is like 98% or something. Maybe if they're like 20bb's deep, and have 4/4 stats or something, but playing 6-max there's like 0 of those. You've either got good implied odds, or a hand I don't hate getting AIPF vs. a spewy short-stacker who will stack junk like 55 or A2.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i think there are cases where it's best, but mostly at full ring. If i'm in the blinds, 100bb deep and a good TAG player open-raises on the CO, i'm afraid his range is too wide to make set mining oop profitable and too tight to make 3betting a good option, and either way i'd hate playing the pot oop. So i think folding is really a good option. It certainly makes my game easier.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think there are cases where it's best, but mostly at full ring. If i'm in the blinds, 100bb deep and a good TAG player open-raises on the CO, i'm afraid his range is too wide to make set mining oop profitable and too tight to make 3betting a good option, and either way i'd hate playing the pot oop. So i think folding is really a good option. It certainly makes my game easier.

Yeah, I agree. I'd also fold it when villain has a stack size that makes set mining unprofitable. That's why I asked C9, because his list of options didn't include any folds.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what about if your the PFR with 88 in hijack and you get 3bet from button both are 100BBs deep. Is set mining profitable when 3bet?