**Official Micro Stakes Madness 5NL,10NL,25NL Focus Group**

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's no magical way to get value from a hand when villain has nothing. It's fine.

Yeah, I understand that. But I can still hold hope can't I?:D

Man, I love this thread! There are so many questions I want to ask, but I don't want to change the topic every other answer. So here's a few, and whoever wants can elaborate.

-Flop comes out in unraised pot and you catch TPBK and an aggresive player bets out half the pot (let's say .50c for simplicity). You decide to call in position and you and him are the only two left. The turn comes out a blank and he leads out with .50c again. Do you reraise here, putting him on second pair or low pockets? Or just look him up?

-You have an aggresive player who reraises every hand between 3-5bb. You fold your junk but catch a mediocre hand such as JQs, ATo, or a medium pp (77-99). Do we 3 bet him here or just call hoping to improve and check/raise him? Edit: Aggro player also raises any stabs at the pot on the flop.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play 25nl, just buy HEM, imo. Small stakes version only costs 2 buy-ins. will pay itself in no time.

I have purchased PT3 belgo. Did you mean buy HEM because its better or did you think I hadnt purchased either of them?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys should set up a small group sweat, or even put names up for pairing off to sweat each other. Help each other out guys!

I would be more than happy to sweat somebody, I mean im only just moving to 25NL but have been sweated by Jagsti a fair few times and he has provided me with some sweet info that I could pass on to fellow micro players.

Hit me up if you want to sweat! Currently trying to sort out teamviewer as they think im using it for commercial use lol !

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What exactly do you need to do a sweat session? AIM, MSN, Skype??? Because I would really like to do this, I just don't know what it takes.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be more than happy to sweat somebody, I mean im only just moving to 25NL but have been sweated by Jagsti a fair few times and he has provided me with some sweet info that I could pass on to fellow micro players.

Hit me up if you want to sweat! Currently trying to sort out teamviewer as they think im using it for commercial use lol !

Me too, can sweat a fair bit all week. Sweat and re-sweat tbfh !
Micro-roll it !!

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have purchased PT3 belgo. Did you mean buy HEM because its better or did you think I hadnt purchased either of them?

it's fine if you have pt3. i got hem when pt3 was still buggy as hell, but now that it's fixed, there is not that much difference between them anyway.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What exactly do you need to do a sweat session? AIM, MSN, Skype??? Because I would really like to do this, I just don't know what it takes.

You need skype and Teamviewer and msn would help me because if communication breaks down i can check your still there lol

Me too, can sweat a fair bit all week. Sweat and re-sweat tbfh !
Micro-roll it !!

yeah me too, we can get it done ASAP!

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is really something that you need to get rid of. In your mind, the money on the table should not be real money but chips, and you should not feel bad about the value of loosing a stack, just like you should not feel good about the value of winning one. Stacks that you win and lose are just random noise that hide the real signal that is your long term winning or loosing rate. That long term rate is something you can consider as real money. The stacks lost and won are irrelevant as long as you remain within proper BR management.

Until you develop that state of mind, you're more a gambler than a poker player, imho.

Yes and no. Ultimately all that matters is your bottom line and overall $$/hr but you must be able to withstand the variance of the stakes you are playing. If you are scared about losing $25 in a hand, it WILL affect your play and will make you more inclined to tilt/fancy play syndrome, the net effect of which will have you playing much worse. If you aren't comfortable losing something like $2000 in a downswing, you simply are not mentally ready to play higher than nl100. And not only will playing higher stakes than you are comfortable, and losing more money that you are comfortable doing affect your poker game, i think it makes everybody feel pretty sick inside and also affects your day to day life.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need skype and Teamviewer and msn would help me because if communication breaks down i can check your still there lol

yeah me too, we can get it done ASAP!

I am definitely down for this. I need to get skype and Teamviewer first though. This is great, and should improve everyone's game

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This guy is also available for sweats.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How does teamviewer work, can someone give me a general idea?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How does teamviewer work, can someone give me a general idea?

When you run it as the host it gives you a passcode which you tell to the person who will be seeing your desktop. They type in that password and they can then see your desktop. Very simple and effective. Marry it with Skype and it's like the person sweating/coaching you is sitting over your shoulder watching while you play.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you run it as the host it gives you a passcode which you tell to the person who will be seeing your desktop. They type in that password and they can then see your desktop. Very simple and effective. Marry it with Skype and it's like the person sweating/coaching you is sitting over your shoulder watching while you play.

It's actually the other way around but whatever :D.
You need to type in the other persons ID and pass for them to see your desktop.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just sweated Enty was cool session abit Laggy but it was ok.

We worked out that basically Enty needs to:

1. Be more positionally aware: He needs to raise and play more hands from late position and steal more pots. Also to develop ranges from each position as he said he just looks at his cards and raises if he has the cards and ignores position
2. Focus On Playing Solid TAG Poker: He even said that he trys to barrell ,make some bluffs and other fancy plays which villians at 10NL are not going let go even if they have second pair.
3. Stay Focused On 10NL + Study: Enty keeps taking drunken shots at 25,50 and even 100NL. Although its only like 50/100 hands you can lose alot of money at 100nl in that amount of hands. Also he needs to put some time into studying even though he prefers to play but this will help him when at the tables. I have passed on material which I have been given

GL Enty + Keep working hard

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Enty's a drunk....... you've just gone up in my estimation Enty :p

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just sweated Enty was cool session abit Laggy but it was ok.

We worked out that basically Enty needs to:

1. Be more positionally aware: He needs to raise and play more hands from late position and steal more pots. Also to develop ranges from each position as he said he just looks at his cards and raises if he has the cards and ignores position
2. Focus On Playing Solid TAG Poker: He even said that he trys to barrell ,make some bluffs and other fancy plays which villians at 10NL are not going let go even if they have second pair.
3. Stay Focused On 10NL + Study: Enty keeps taking drunken shots at 25,50 and even 100NL. Although its only like 50/100 hands you can lose alot of money at 100nl in that amount of hands. Also he needs to put some time into studying even though he prefers to play but this will help him when at the tables. I have passed on material which I have been given

GL Enty + Keep working hard

Enty's a drunk....... you've just gone up in my estimation Enty :p

+2 :eek:

FWIW, I don't take those drunken shots often. I have a pretty clean record and will never lose my br over it.
In fact I'm up more over the shots than the actualy play I do but whatever will stop doing it.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you guys dont mind I'd like to get a sweat session in..

Will have to be in a month's time as BT has downgraded my broadband line to just over dial-up speeds and my ISP wont do anthing about it.. so I'm having to wait a month until they release me from contract!! Then I can get another ISP who will make the 2 minute phone call to BT to report the fault!!

grr I hate big companies!!!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah im sure some others will be able to offer sweats but I am able to probs do 1 a week atm as im just taking shots at 25nl!

hows everybody running

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ill get in on this. Need to check this forum more.

Playin 10nl 6max and winning pretty consistantly. Im up for a sweat too, but i use mikogo and dont have a microphone (gonna try and get a headset this week).

Jurn8 said:
hows everybody running

good until i try to take shots at 25nl and overplay it.

Who's playin FR and whos playin 6max in this thread?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im playing FR, currently taking my 1st shot at 25NL as we speak! hope you get involved more dude

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both for mua. I like to mix it up a bit but probably more FR than 6 max. I only have stats for this week to go by since by hard drive crashed but in the 10k hands this week I have 7.5 at FR and 2.5 at 6max