**Official Micro Stakes Madness 5NL,10NL,25NL Focus Group**

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Occasionally, as here, it's of the "$%##, I'm a fish, and I'm now totally depressed" variety... :(

Those are the ones that will make you the most money in the long run. Don't be depressed... :D

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yo guys, glad to see alot of new members contributing to this thread, the more members writing comments and getting discussion going the better.
If you are reading and following this thread just pop a comment on so we know your following and dont be afraid to comment about any topics you wish to discuss.

Chiefer, its good to see you getting involved in the poker side of things here, you will love the rewards!

Also welcome to caseace48 and slycbnew glad to see you guys getting involved and hope you bring some nice points to the thread and learn alot whilst here!

DG I will be available to sweat early next week I think, have a few assignments to do but I should have one done by next Monday.

Also my poker is going ok just still trying to build my roll up for 50NL, passed the $1k, and looking forward to getting some hands in sometime soon, still not playing the volume I want, only 12.5k hands this month which sucks!!

GL to all Micro's, keep us updated with progress, Im going to watch a load of DC vids soon!

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) 27%
2) Sometimes its possible, but if you signed up with another affiliate, no way.
3) Stop playing 10NL at FTP, because 10% rake sucks.

I think I will look into getting a rakeback account on FT before I go ahead and move my funds to stars.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I will look into getting a rakeback account on FT before I go ahead and move my funds to stars.

Even with RB, FT's 10nl rake is way higher than pokerstars'. 7.3% vs. 5%. Applying as soon as pots reach $0.50 instead of $1.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yo guys, glad to see a lot of new members contributing to this thread, the more members writing comments and getting discussion going the better.
If you are reading and following this thread just pop a comment on so we know your following and dont be afraid to comment about any topics you wish to discuss.

Chiefer, its good to see you getting involved in the poker side of things here, you will love the rewards!

Thanks for the warm welcome man. I am hoping to learn a lot from all of you. At some point I will have to set up a sweat session. Perhaps when i am a bit more comfortable.

I am typically a TAG type of player. I have, what I think, is an incredible amount of patience.

I have been working on my aggressiveness and stealing. Something that Zach said earlier in this thread about stealing and making a ton of his money from that really hit home.

I know that I have a ton of leaks in my game and I am trying to figure out the best way to plug those leaks. I figure if I can work on a couple of key aspects at a time until I feel like I have fixed those leaks then I can move on to others.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even with RB, FT's 10nl rake is way higher than Pokerstars'. 7.3% vs. 5%. Applying as soon as pots reach $0.50 instead of $1.

Yeah. I hear what you are saying and I am going to take your advice. I suppose the reason I chose to play on FT is because that 10NL is their lowest limit. So in my brains logic, I figured that the worst players on FT were there. On stars there are two other limits below 10NL and figured that their 10NL players might be better than FT's. I am not sure if it makes a difference. Like I said, I am a complete noob at this ring stuff.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the subject of full tilt rake, just incase people carry on playing there, is there any 210fpp esque ftp sattelites on tilt?? i.e. easy to cash in and win T$ with??

Just wondering because i have over 1k ftp and would love to find a nice easy sattelite to convert them in to T$ and subsequently cash (which would then get transfered over to stars)

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On the subject of full tilt rake, just incase people carry on playing there, is there any 210fpp esque ftp sattelites on tilt?? i.e. easy to cash in and win T$ with??

Just wondering because i have over 1k ftp and would love to find a nice easy sattelite to convert them in to T$ and subsequently cash (which would then get transfered over to stars)

there is a 300 point 6max turbo that pays 6 $75 satty tokens.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, the 10nl players are really bad on both sites, tbh.

And seriously, rake is a huge factor that you need to take into account. Expressed in bb/100, it varies spectacularly from stake to stake. On PS, it's extremely low at 2nl as most pots are smaller than the minimum $1, goes up spectacularly at 5nl, peaks at 10nl and 25nl, and starts to go down gradually from 50nl down as pots start to reach $60 where the rake is capped at $3. The effect is so strong that my win rates are actually going up while i move up in stakes because i can apparently maintain a similar edge over the competition, but the rake eats less and less away from it.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just checked. Lifetime rake at 10nl for me was 4.4 PTBB/100. This means if you play on FTP it will be around 8.8. Basically if you think you have an extra 4.4 PTBB/100 edge by playing at FTP it's worth it but I highly doubt this is the case.

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd just recently found out how much rake sucks at $25nl on stars. It feels like being at FT all over again. Glad at least that this is as bad as it gets on stars though, since even with that I have a solid BB/100. Interesting to hear that comment about winrate increasing as you moved up levels due to the lessened effect of rake. Pretty heartwarming as well.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rake paid in BB/100 (big bets) at each stake i played

• 10NL (FTP): 8.4 BB/100
  • 10NL (PS): 4 BB/100
  • 25NL: 4.2 BB/100
  • 50NL: 3.8 BB/100
  • 100NL: 2.65 BB/100
  • 200NL: 2.05 BB/100

25nl and 50nl are mixing FR and 6max 50/50, while the other are mostly full ring, which has typically a bit lower rake/hand. Don't have a huge sample at 10nl and 200nl, but this stat converges quite fast anyway. table selection and playing styles will affect the results. More rake on weekends for instance.

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So basically, you are all telling me that I am an idiot for playing 10NL on tilt?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So basically, you are all telling me that I am an idiot for playing 10NL on tilt?

no. the reason i have the above stats is that i also played 10nl at tilt for a while. 2500 hands or something.

just that if you win at 10nl at fulltilt, you can crush 10nl at pokerstars.

eagle jim

eagle jim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there anyway to transfer $ directly between FT and PS.....doesn't seem like there would be...but never hurts to ask?

Chiefer

Chiefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no. the reason i have the above stats is that i also played 10nl at tilt for a while. 2500 hands or something.

just that if you win at 10nl at fulltilt, you can crush 10nl at pokerstars.

well, i guess the only thing stopping me is common sense. I'll get it moved later today. perhaps i'll just move 50 and then deposit 50 more.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone intereted in hopping on TeamViewer tonight and helping me get these damn scripts working?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brad - what scripts you having difficulty with?

I may be able to get on a bit later m8.

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've tried both the AHK scripts and also PokerNinja..not good with this kind of stuff and could use a hand for sure.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone intereted in hopping on TeamViewer tonight and helping me get these damn scripts working?

Jay has this thread which is all you need to know ill try get hold of him + get it for you!

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had a sweat session with icemonkey9 tonight. Went really well. He showed me a bunch of spots that I was having problems with. Definitely gonna try to do this more often. Thanks ice!