New to the Game - Attempting an Ultra-Fast Rise, Advice

Stoic5

Stoic5

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Odd thing here, in the OP you suggest you are (relatively) new to poker, but the concepts you have brought up here are not those of a noob. Makes me think ringer!:eek:

What is a ringer?

Sadly I would consider myself to be a massive newb. keep in mind that I read poker theory and hand histories 5+ hours a day, but I have almost no experience. Some online Freerolling, and 2 weeks ago I started mega-sessions at foxwoods. 2 hour drive is killer. I need to increase my playing experience by a lot if I/m going to get anywhere. I just got an invite to intertops, need to get a visa and get some money in and i'll be grinding online another 4+ hours a day.

Any of you read mike wolfe's thread on 2p2? pretty inspiring stuff, that's kinda close to what I'm shooting for for the next few years. you all were right about the 30/hr being arbitrary, it's the lifestyle that I am going for

Stoic5

Stoic5

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think you can advance by using a menu. You might find that your planning does not fit with your results. Every table is different and every player is different. There is no substitute for experience.

whats a menu?

experience is the nuts

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
whats a menu?

I think he means menu as being written in stone. He is probably referring to being flexible and letting each situation determine your direction as opposed to having a "way" you play all the time.

Top 10 Games