*** May Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL ***

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, 4betting is still a lot better in this spot than just flatting his 3bet.
I figured that I could get more out of him postflop. Which is true to some extent. But we want to play for stacks against this fish. And 4betting gets us there faster
more of the time than taking the 3bet pot post flop and trying to let him make a mistake here.

It's basically a lot easier for him to call or shove over our 4bet incorrectly than it is for him to lose his stack post flop.

I really like this line of thought - it really gets to the meat of what I was trying to think through in the hand delta and I played as well. Thanks!

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Unconventional Wisdom" Season Premiere, DJ Sensei and fslexcduck, Dec. 31 2007 - on their website, it's the first video listed on the free videos tab. Really drove home for me envisioning ranges for Villains, the importance of reading boards, connecting those, and bet sizing.

Warning - I ended up playing way too many 3bet pots the last few days after watching this and spewed several stacks off - but I was frequently able to connect what they were talking about with what was happening in that hand - and I won several stacks in situations I know I would not have before watching the video.

Need to learn to choose the right vllains to pick on, still working on that, I could tell what was going on easily with some villains, with others it was much harder.

I rewatched it, and the reason that I didn't try to take too much from it was because of the "unconventional" advice they were offering. Things like floating rivers instead of turns and bluff shoving I figured were things for consideration when I 1) play 6 max instead of FR and 2) move up to levels like where they were demonstrating at 1/2. Even they're saying these are not things to do often so I figured it's better not to even consider it, yet :)

The reasoning behind what they do is one thing, but it often requires too much of the opponent which is beyond my typical opponent, I think.

F

Falian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, first time really posting in this thread (really trying to get serious about poker).

Quick Synopsis: Right now im on AP, dropped a 25$ investment and am currently at 32$. My Sober cash game is definitely +EV, ended my most recent 30 minute session up 3bi's (yea I got hot cards).

One thing I've definitely noticed, and you really need a solid read for this, at the 2nl level is how obvious players can sometimes be with total bluffs. Obviously you only want to pay to see these bluffs with monsters.

I.E: I had Pocket Q's and board came up K-J-8 Rainbow and this donkey starts betting like crazy. Eventually puts me all in to show A-3 offsuited. Not gonna lie, I did get a little wet calling his bluff with Middle pair.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even they're saying these are not things to do often :)

This is definitely key :D

I'm so bad at postflop play, though, that I'm taking some risks so I can learn - my winrate is flat the last several days since starting to try some of these things, but it's not killing me...

Unfortunately, I don't think I can drop down to 25NL to try some of these things, because I think the number of players this will work on at 25NL is miniscule.

I've been trying some (definitely not all) of these things on regs at 50NL who are pretty aggressive preflop (7+ 3bet %) and passive fish.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yo Mo Fo's, Just a little update, I had my first coaching session yesterday with zach, it went well and have picked up alot of things from his session. I shall make a blog post later about the session but I think some of the things he said will definately boost my winrate and shape my image the way I want it to be. Havent played since as I was too tired yesterday but will have a long session this evening just 6 tabling or 8 tabling to try and work these new concepts into my game.

EDIT: there seems to be a fair few of us at 50nl now guys, hopefully we can all play well at the level and get some discussion going about hands etc!

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, first time really posting in this thread (really trying to get serious about poker).

Quick Synopsis: Right now im on AP, dropped a 25$ investment and am currently at 32$. My Sober cash game is definitely +EV, ended my most recent 30 minute session up 3bi's (yea I got hot cards).

One thing I've definitely noticed, and you really need a solid read for this, at the 2nl level is how obvious players can sometimes be with total bluffs. Obviously you only want to pay to see these bluffs with monsters.

I.E: I had Pocket Q's and board came up K-J-8 Rainbow and this donkey starts betting like crazy. Eventually puts me all in to show A-3 offsuited. Not gonna lie, I did get a little wet calling his bluff with Middle pair.

Sounds a bit fancy for 2nl imo, just play solid poker, no need to call down bluffs with overcards showing, any Kx plays like this as well, getting put allin and calling with QQ there seems to me like you had been waiting a while for them and you weren't gonna fold them whatever came down, why make a call like that when you can catch plenty of bluffs holding the nuts or being a clear favourite at 2nl

F

Falian

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds a bit fancy for 2nl imo, just play solid poker, no need to call down bluffs with overcards showing, any Kx plays like this as well, getting put allin and calling with QQ there seems to me like you had been waiting a while for them and you weren't gonna fold them whatever came down, why make a call like that when you can catch plenty of bluffs holding the nuts or being a clear favourite at 2nl

1.Opponent was an obvious maniac.
2. I had been observing him for at least an hour and he never overbet the pot even with nuts, and all of a sudden he's firing off huge bets.
3. The speed at which he was betting was extremely unusual. It was obvious he wasn't wanting me to play back at all.

This is a hand I would have easily tossed away to any player that was either new to the player or I gave at least an ounce of respect. I placed him on a complete bluff and I was right.

And my only response to you assuming that I got to attached to the QQ's is that I 6-table so I'm seeing good hands on the reg and its honestly not hard for me to fold at all when necessary.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obviously you only want to pay to see these bluffs with monsters.

You class queens as a 'monster' there?? If you had that good a read then fair one, and i don't know what stack sizes were etc but all i was saying was that there's no need to stack off there when you can pick and choose spots where you know for a stone cold fact, no doubt about it, no soul reads needed, that you've got about 80%+ equity in a hand.

aesopdurasic

aesopdurasic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey was wondering if anybody know if there is a free version of the AHK script i know of table ninja but i honestly dont want to pay for it so is there a free version of something similar. So if u know anything please let me kno thanks.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brag: Moving up to 5nl today!
Brag: Shot even par on 18 for the first time evar!
Beat: ... ?

Life's good, no?

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Life's good, no?

Very nice, from the tips?

<--Played for SUNY Cortland the last 2 years, haha best i've ever shot however is +3 for 18 :( . Grats on the sick round:D

Oh ya and that poker stuff grats on moving up to 5NL:p

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice, from the tips?

<--Played for SUNY Cortland the last 2 years, haha best i've ever shot however is +3 for 18 :( . Grats on the sick round:D

Oh ya and that poker stuff grats on moving up to 5NL:p

Grací. Yea it was the tips and I was pumped. Only downside was I was -2 with 2 to play... bogey bogey finish :(

However, I'll take the E gladly

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grací. Yea it was the tips and I was pumped. Only downside was I was -2 with 2 to play... bogey bogey finish :(

However, I'll take the E gladly

Absolutely :cool:

Brag: 14.5BB/100 to start my first 3.5k hands at 25NL. Always nice to move up a limit on a heater:D

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey all i'm currently at 2nl. having trouble posting graphs now dont know why. but i did have a question there was some one at my table telling me how much i was up does anyone know the website he was using? also whats a good vpip%/pfr% at this level FR? i'm at around 8BB/100 but that does include one horrific tilting session since then i'm at 18BB/100. ill figure this posting thing out and let you all see the charts.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OPR or online poker rankings. But they track exclusively MTTs for Stars and only MTTs and SNGs for Tilt.

Unless you play 50nl or have played a good bit of it before, he wouldn't be able to tell your ring game stats I don't think even with tablerankings... is this correct?

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OPR or online poker rankings. But they track exclusively MTTs for Stars and only MTTs and SNGs for Tilt.

Unless you play 50nl or have played a good bit of it before, he wouldn't be able to tell your ring game stats I don't think even with tablerankings... is this correct?

ok i think it was tablepokerratings.com i just signed up for rakebackpros and want to switch now oh well. here's my graph. i got to learn this paint thing better to be able to put more than one picture on at once. i did before but i wont let me now.

Attachments

• graph2nlFR.jpg
    graph2nlFR.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 9
O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Life's good, no?

Congrats, I'm at like $80 so only another 15 or 16 BI's left for me and i'll be there too, for 3 BI's worth of 5nl at least lol

We were on the same table for a bit yesterday, i didnt really notice until i won a pot from you lol i pushed you off with an underpair to the board fwiw, you raised, i done a bit of setmining out of position, board came paired and all low so i donked into you and you folded :D It felt good and now you cant get your revenge until i move up mwahahaha :D

You've got some tight stats though man, tight as in good not nit like, i think i'm going for the more tight passive style at 2nl, i like limping on the button with a lot of sc's, 1 gappers, purely b/c cbets get called loads at 2nl so its not worth raising but the implied odds are just huge with hands like that so i cant fold them either lol.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

There is some giant online table watching database that does even the tiniest stakes.

I'm pretty sure they sell their data to poker-edge among others. Could be even PTR gets their data from them...

Seems like it's marketwatch or marketpulse or something.

Ill see if I can remember it... its one of those you send .03 to to opt in.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is some giant online table watching database that does even the tiniest stakes.

I'm pretty sure they sell their data to poker-edge among others. Could be even PTR gets their data from them...

Seems like it's marketwatch or marketpulse or something.

Ill see if I can remember it... its one of those you send .03 to to opt in.
i just read some stuff about pokertablerankings and it seems like one of these data miners word at 2+2 is its a banned site. i did a few seaches hope i didnt do anything bad!!! didnt get any hand hitories just winrate etc.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey all i'm currently at 2nl. having trouble posting graphs now dont know why. but i did have a question there was some one at my table telling me how much i was up does anyone know the website he was using? also whats a good vpip%/pfr% at this level FR? i'm at around 8BB/100 but that does include one horrific tilting session since then i'm at 18BB/100. ill figure this posting thing out and let you all see the charts.

Its PTR (pokertableratings) if you are on Full Tilt.

A good vpip and pfr for up to 25nl would be to just play solid TAG ABC poker which is very successful at the micros and you dont need to do anything tricky or make any fancy plays.

I would say 14/10/2 would be fine for the micro's IMO

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just read some stuff about pokertablerankings and it seems like one of these data miners word at 2+2 is its a banned site. i did a few seaches hope i didnt do anything bad!!! didnt get any hand hitories just winrate etc.

its forbidden when stars or tilt is open and running but they wont know you are using it if they are closed, loads of people use it. I think they wouldnt do anything anyway if they knew you were using it I remember zach or belgo saying something about it before but I cant fully remember

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its forbidden when stars or tilt is open and running but they wont know you are using it if they are closed, loads of people use it. I think they wouldnt do anything anyway if they knew you were using it I remember zach or belgo saying something about it before but I cant fully remember

Stars said they would not bother players about that. Even for buying hand histories, actually. But that they would take steps to make datamining a lot harder for those sites.

Tilt has kind of the opposite approach. They say they want to restrict the ability to datamine but they're not really doing anything about it practically. And they do go after players who use PTR while playing (offline is fine).