pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
a nnoo ! you can easly run in to qq or kk :) ...I think is a hand that you can call a lot big bet from a-k and hoping to see a small flop :)

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Straight JJ is among the top five hands in the game.

If I have 30 blinds or less I throw allin first.

If the short stack slips a tov I check it to JJ or isolate all inn

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends, as always in poker.
Cash game no.
Tournament depending on stack size/blind level perhaps.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends of a lot of things, like the size of your stack, the moment of the tournament, the style of your opponents. But depends of the situation, it can be a hand to go all in pre flop. I know many players don't like JJ, but it is a good hand.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on the situation, I'll give you an example.
if I have JJ with 10bbs then I will go all in if I have JJ at the beginning of a tournament my action will be another instead of all in

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I were seriously short stacked, for sure. If I had a monster stack and the opponents were short stacked, yes again. Any other times there would be many factors involved.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Making an all-in decision always depends on where and what you're playing. At freerolls, yes.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only go all-in with JJ if they are suited!!
Are you sure that in poker you can have pocket jacks of the same suit? This is probably possible if there are two decks of cards in the game. I don't know this kind of poker. Maybe the translator didn't translate it correctly, but I'm not sure.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sadly, every hand is a pre-flop all-in hand these days. If you've got other players covered in the c-o/btn/l-p then sure.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is clear to everyone that no pair of aces is unbeatable let alone jacks.Until you see the river nothing is unbeatable, it's only probable but that doesn't mean you won't play this hand hoping it's as profitable as possible.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless you are down to 10/12 big blinds, then no hand is allin pre flop. Why risk tourney life in what will be essentially a coin flip.

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Do you play JJ as if it as unbeatable?
No, especially at the lower stakes games. You can get several players going all-in preflop with AK, AA, JT, and so on, and the more players you are up against, the lower your chance to win.

However, I would go all-in preflop at the later stages of a tournament if your stack size is small.

There are different factors which affect how you should play JJ - player style, tournament vs cash game, stake size, your stack size, number of players you are likely to be up against, your position on the table...

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
jj can be an all in hand preflop, just like 105o can be, in the correct situation.

I don't play any hand as they're unbeatable. the way I play any hand is based on making the most +ev decisions l can.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
most times i wouldn't go all-in straight away unless there's only one other weak opponent etc

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any hand is an all-in preflop or a fold preflop depending on the situation.

Example 1
You are in BB and look down at 72o. You only have 2,4BB left, and someone has raised to 2,5BB. The pot will be 5,5-6,5BB depending on the ante, and its only 1,5BB more for u to call. For that reason you should go all-in, because you are getting the right odds, even though 72o is almost certain to be behind.

Example 2
You are in BB and look down at AA. You have 12BB left. Its the bubble of a satellite. Someone with a 13BB stack has jammed, a 4BB stack has called, and a 29BB stack has also called. Then you should fold, because its very likely, that you can cash by letting them bust each other.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
In tournaments if you are deep of course not, if you are short and trying to isolate yes

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It all depends on the size of the stack. If the tournament is starting, I don't see the point in going all in, you can make a standard raise and watch the board, if the stack is less than 40 bb, you can go all in. You can easily hit against ladies, KK or AA.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the most unbeatable would be the square of jewels.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No. On the contrary, I get very suspicious when I get tribet and have JJ in my hand. I usually think it's a flip, in which case you have half a chance of winning and that can put your tournament at risk.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands