How will you make 10$ grow?

Logan2

Logan2

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With $10 i will recomend go to Carbon, deposit $10 and they will give you 15 days of $500 freeroll games, this games have usually around 125-150 people there, im sure you will be up after the 15 days, if place to the money you get $5, winner get $150, i cashed 6 times in 9 games that play some time back.

They also offer 25c MTT and 50cMTT, 60c S&G, and players are baaaaaaad.

Good Luck.

T

txdfwshooter

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i won 4.50 in a tourney and that started my bankroll. Im at 14.80 cents now took me 2 months lol, but i played 1/2 cent tables buy in 80 cents. sometimes higher if im tilting, but just play cash games and dont do put all your money in one table.

tomines

tomines

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With $10 i will recomend go to Carbon, deposit $10 and they will give you 15 days of $500 freeroll games, this games have usually around 125-150 people there, im sure you will be up after the 15 days, if place to the money you get $5, winner get $150, i cashed 6 times in 9 games that play some time back.

They also offer 25c MTT and 50cMTT, 60c S&G, and players are baaaaaaad.

Good Luck.
:)
Well right now I have 10$ bankroll in FTP.. how can I transfer my BR to Carbon?.. I think I may consider transfering

Weregoat

Weregoat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Terrible advice above. Join 4 tables of 2c 5c rush poker, with a min buy in of $2 at each one. Wait for aces or kings and shove it all-in. They always call.
Once doubled up to $4. Leave, and re join with another $2. You will soon see your overall $10 increase to $20.
I am DePokerGod. I wouldnt lie to you. GL man!

If you are 1:271 to AA and 1:271 to get KK, then you take the average amount of times it would take you to get one of those hands, approx 2:271 or 1:135.5, you would fold 134 out of every 135 hands, of those 134 hands at a 9 handed game you have folded 134/9 times in each position, or roughly 15 times. That's 15 BBs, so 30c, 15 SBs, 15c, so our initial stack is down from the $2 buy in to $1.55. We go all in, and it's folded around, and we're stuck with $1.58. Having lost a total of 42c in order to play one hand of poker.

Or here's this one, we wait until we get AA after 135 hands, our stack is at $1.55. We go all in, and get called by KK. 80% of the time, we get $3.10, 20% of the time, we get nothing, and some obscure % of the time, we chop.

80% of $3.10 is $2.48 if my math is correct, so we risk our stack for to add .48c of equity to it. But I don't know how to equate equity.

Now, on an unrelated note, that's not fun, just play micro tournaments, you actually get to play poker, instead of fold fold fold fold fold away big blinds, which even at that level can equate to tournament buy-ins.

trewtrew

trewtrew

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play the smallest buy-in turbo sng's. so many donks

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would keep playing at the $.10 rebuy tourney on full tilt, and never rebuy for $.50. You could theoretically play a 100 of those with $10. And I would just keep playing freerolls otherwise.

Like others have commented, $10 is not a bankroll. You need to be at least at $50-$100 to start with.

O

only_bridge

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of all the different micro games I have played I think I have had most success in satellites. So I would recommend that, like the 50+5c sat to the BLT.
You can also play 2nl ring games. (The reason I didnt have any success in these when I first started out was because I applyed the wrong strategy.)
And of course keep playing freerolls.

And on a side note, keep learning. Kibitzing, and reading articles will be valuable.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Noteveryone has the option of depositing enough money to begin at the stakes they'd like to play, this is most likely why he was freerolling in the first place.
To the OP, I made a thread about growing a $10 bankroll a while ago, but can't find it atm, I was basically told to gamble it, and did, with some success but this is dangerous, i would recommend grinding 1.10 DoN's with a very TAG style.

I always say this. If you are that hard up that you cant spare $100 - 200 then really you should not be playing online poker. Instead you should be looking for a second job.

Online poker is a hobby and hobbies cost money.

TBH online poker is cheaper than almost any hobby I can think of.

So I just dont sympathise with someone who cant spare $100 but will sit down in front of their computer playing for an hourly rate of $1 when they could be using that time to work.

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hobbies don't have to cost money. Amazing how casual some people in affluent societies are about wasting money.

Nexus6

Nexus6

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely wouldn't recommend doing that, you don't need to deposit anything to make money out of poker.That sounds like much better advice to me. ;)

Yeah this is what I am working on and I have been slowley growing my bankroll for the 2 sites we have freerolls on and at other sites to. But Last night I got that itch and I played a ring game and it was loose just the way I like it and made some money then everyone left and it was heads up and I suck at heads up and lost everything at the table :(

tomines

tomines

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should have got out of the table.. you know that u suck at heads up.. but give you credit for making the money in the freerolls.. it's kind of a challenge lol! I've been there

M

Mr Whatever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pick a game ur good at and play standard or double stacked headsup sngs. All u have to do is beat 1 other person- there isn’t any I just got a bad beat and missed the payout found in a tourn or standard sng. The downfall of playing a micro sng at full tilt is you pay 1.10 but u get .90 if u win cause of the fee. Id still take it. Ur only in for the buck and change so theres not much to lose. If u play cash games, u could go on a bad run and lose ur money fast, even playing micro lims.

Chris Ferg’s vid on Bankroll Management might help u over at the Full tilt academy.

I think its really hard to grind 10$ at full tilt. Look at Chris Ferguson, he couldn’t grind 10 bucks into something when he was doing his challenge. It wasn’t until he turned $1 into a 2nd place finish in a tourn that he had 100$. Then he had enough to play the micro lims without really risking his bankroll. If chris couldn’t grind I think its really hard for us mere mortals. Ive turned nadda into 100$ a few times only at full tilt buts its really hard and u play bad players so get ready for the bad beats and bs. And that’s important because theres little room for tilting with only 10$.

Full tilt offers so many ways to get money without risking ur bankroll its crazy. Besides the freerolls there are numerous promos. Some of the promos require a little cash though, but u can turn a little amount into something with a little effort.

A few months ago they had the Take 2 promo where u played 2 cash tables at the same time for just 1 point for a certain amount of days and ud get paid accordingly. If u did 25 days out of 30 for just that 1 point a day, u got $50. so u might want to save that $10 for an opportunity.

The best thing to do might be to just be patient and play the freerolls and/or the playchip tables to get more experience and money. The hardest thing to do is deciding not to play because ur gonna risk ur bankroll bigtime. I mean just sitting at a micro lim cash table ur gonna have to risk at least 5-10% of ur roll for a min buyin and u haven’t even started playing yet.

GL.

tomines

tomines

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might try the tourneys too.. I learned a lot in this thread.. I really appreciate all the comments.. I realized that I'm good in SNGs heads up and tourneys.. i'm not that bad in cash games .. but I get a lot of bad beats recently.. I hope I hit a the winning streak next!

doops

doops

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the most important skills in poker is patience. Patience to wait for the good hands -- and patience to play them correctly. Patience to play those long cheap MTTs, if MTTs are what you like, and patience to focus not on the money (since the money isn't likely to be much) but on making the correct plays each and every time.

When you are trying to build a bankroll from nothing or nearly nothing, you need a ton of patience. And practice bankroll management.

I think it took Chris Ferguson (in his quest to prove it's possible to make something from nothing) 7 months of steady play to stabilize his bankroll at about $6, then a while later, he got a nice win in an MTT, had $100 and then 9 more months to make his $10K goal. Months of playing for pennies had to be sorely trying for a player used to playing at high limits. He lost his painfully won bankroll several times at the levels you are playing. It was a huge struggle, even for him. And, remember, even the $10K did not mean much to him. He gave it to charity.

Patience!

Last edited:
tomines

tomines

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bout 1 year and a half.. wow .. that's a really big accomplishment..
that's a really big sacrifice in his part.. cause he usually earns that money in weeks or even days lol.. Good for him.. I like the post.. really helpful!

M

Mr Whatever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't forget while ur playing cash games at Full tilt to get full tilt academy credits for playing. GL

V

Vizzinzin

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd play the lowest stakes game you can try to stay away from big tourneys but 9 person 1.20 1.10 sit and go's are the way to go you could also do low ring games but thats also a nice way to loose your money but id stay with the lowest possible things untill around 100+

A

Aldito

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently, I just won a 25$ prizepool tourney.. gave me 10$ ..
Any good ideas on how to make it grow??Need help lol

Feel free to post...I would really appreciate it :D

Mass multi-table Daily dollar satellites, they're ridiculously easy, half the players gone within 3 hands.

Start a new one every time your first one goes up 1 blind level, so they're staggered. You can just play the most basic poker to win these.

tomines

tomines

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
multi tourneys are tiring... they take 4-6 hours to make to the final table..
I've cashed in a couple of times but the thing is.. stresses you out and consumes your time lol... any ways.. just won 10$ I'm up by 25$ now..

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mass multi-table Daily dollar satellites, they're ridiculously easy, half the players gone within 3 hands.

Start a new one every time your first one goes up 1 blind level, so they're staggered. You can just play the most basic poker to win these.
I've tried this advice, and it works for me.

P

playerk7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play small ball poker with your bankroll, dont play to crazy, and stay within your limits

tomines

tomines

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll try multi satellite tourneys.. One of this days.. for now I don't have much time.. hopefully hit the final stages.. and get a decent bankroll.. hope it works

W

wobble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

DO NOT DO THIS!

It used to be a very effective way of accumulating T$.
However, if you do this now you will end up with lots of tickets to the daily dollar (only redeemable for that tournament) and no money!

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
DO NOT DO THIS!

It used to be a very effective way of accumulating T$.
However, if you do this now you will end up with lots of tickets to the daily dollar (only redeemable for that tournament) and no money!
I was unregistering from them yesterday and receiving 1 tournament dollar, and unregistering from the BLT for 2.20 tournament dollars.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was unregistering from them yesterday and receiving 1 tournament dollar, and unregistering from the BLT for 2.20 tournament dollars.

I would guess he might be talking when you buyin for FTPs since they have same satellites with FTP buyin instead of 30 cents.