How will you make 10$ grow?

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still say 9 player $1.20 sit&gos you have the best chance to start to build bankroll. On .1-.2 cash games you can easliy lose money to blinds and if you dont get rakeback i think its a real gamble to start out with playing cash games instead of grinding the sit&gos...and if you get heads up and try to make deal with player on make deal button so in the long run youll come out ahead i believe unless you have a huge lead, a game will end quicker to go on to the next game..
just my opinion.

ALL IN CLUBS

ALL IN CLUBS

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also to add you can make money at .1-.2 cash games but if you go in there short stacked you will be called by every fullstacker that has any ace and they will suck out on you. And going in with a full buy $2.00 is the most profitable way to play the cash games but its a big risk with $10.00 . 9 player sit and gos your only risking $1.20 and top 3 places pay out just play ABC poker and pay attention how the others play..play only one tourny at a time to start so you can focus on there habits...play tight and be patient for the right hands..

ckickenking

ckickenking

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best Strategy

Best way is to always play small. No more then 45 player, but better if it 9 or 10 players. Also to play only 10% of ur money. You have 10 dollar , so play 1 dollar games only. Best way. This is a tip a Poker Pro wrote in his book. I can say this work best. Then when your bankroll is up then u can play one big(as in over +100 players) tournament one every month or 2 weeks. Good Luck

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$2NL or $1.20 STTs, whichever you're most comfortable with. Or low-stakes limit ring games if you're any good at them.

You want to avoid MTTs and multi-table SnGs because they carry a lot more variance - you can reasonably expect to play dozens of them without cashing, let alone making a profit. As others have pointed out $10 is hardly a proper bankroll anyway so you don't want to go introducing even more variance.

After that, just remember that luck is going to play a big part no matter which option you choose. Try to play your best and don't let it get to you if you catch a few beats and end up busto. You can always start over.

M

mig2169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
simple i would play in ten daily dollar tournys, play tight and study ur table and take advantage of the fish. you should cash in 3 to 5 tournys if u stick to a game plan.

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play 1.10 HU SnG's, they are so soft you should be able to double your $10 in 1 or 2 days

DePokerGod

DePokerGod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah but ratholing isnt noticed in rush poker and as such cannot be classed as bad ettiquite ;)

tomines

tomines

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9 man SNG didn't work.. I lost to a donk.. he caught a flush at the river..
he pushed all in with 77.. and i got AA ..unfortunately i dont have the clubs..
he has it.. i lost CRAP O.O

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have another 7 buyins left though?

tomines

tomines

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes i still do.. what should I do next.. i hate donks a lot they call with anything O.O and they hit the boards lol

Dreams of Tragedy

Dreams of Tragedy

dreamsoftragedy.com
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you put it in your savings and watch it

N

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with $10 that I won in an Absolute Poker freeroll in 2005ish, didn't play with the money really until this year Feb. Took it to pokerstars, played the 25 cent sit n go games. After 195 games, I had gone up to $25, down to a low of $14 [here I was now playing scared], then after exams got back up to $31. Two days ago I won a 25 cent MTT, and now I'm up to $134.41. $10 is 40x buy ins for 25 cent games, and I enjoy playing poker, so it wasn't really about the money [I played a lot of play money in 2005].

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes i still do.. what should I do next.. i hate donks a lot they call with anything O.O and they hit the boards lol

Without wanting to sound too flippant, you should get used to getting beat by donks.

You're starting in the very lowest of low stakes. Those games, not surprisingly, are largely populated by donks, who do stupid things left right and centre. You're going to get sucked out by random weird hands a lot and you're going to hate it but you need to get over it and just keep playing. With a bit of luck (and I can't stress that point enough - with such a small amount of money in your account you'll need to have a bit of luck on your side) hopefully you'll build your roll to a level where one suckout doesn't seem like the end of the world.

As for what you should do next, you should do what you should've been doing all along: pick your best game and just play it as well as you can. If that's STTs then play STTs until either you build a decent roll or you go broke and start over. If you're better at cash games, play $2NL. Just avoid high-variance games like MTTs or PLO because the normal swings in those games make it even more likely you'll wind up busto.

FWIW: I've started from zero myself and built a respectable roll so I've got a vague idea what I'm talking about.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without wanting to sound too flippant, you should get used to getting beat by donks.

You're starting in the very lowest of low stakes. Those games, not surprisingly, are largely populated by donks, who do stupid things left right and centre. You're going to get sucked out by random weird hands a lot and you're going to hate it but you need to get over it and just keep playing. With a bit of luck (and I can't stress that point enough - with such a small amount of money in your account you'll need to have a bit of luck on your side) hopefully you'll build your roll to a level where one suckout doesn't seem like the end of the world.

As for what you should do next, you should do what you should've been doing all along: pick your best game and just play it as well as you can. If that's STTs then play STTs until either you build a decent roll or you go broke and start over. If you're better at cash games, play $2NL. Just avoid high-variance games like MTTs or PLO because the normal swings in those games make it even more likely you'll wind up busto.

FWIW: I've started from zero myself and built a respectable roll so I've got a vague idea what I'm talking about.

This! In my mind its always easier if your playing something you understand the format off and/or something you enjoy. Rush poker would just as much be likely to kill your roll and dons are grindable but soul destroying lol and you might get into some bad habits. Micro, micro sngs less than a pound like PLM said 35c 9mans are good because you will learn some stuff in them and get some good milage at least from whats left. If I was in your position thats what I would do.

B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1.10 hu sngs the go to and start small with daily dolla sattys;)

tomines

tomines

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i think my I do best at tournaments with great competition.. I cashed in a lot in freerolls with a field of 7500..should i just try out in 0.10 cent rebuy or the daily dollar or the ferguson?

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well i think my I do best at tournaments with great competition.. I cashed in a lot in freerolls with a field of 7500..should i just try out in 0.10 cent rebuy or the daily dollar or the ferguson?

Um... sure. Just be aware that, like I said, MTTs naturally have huge variance so be prepared for the eventuality where you play well and still end up busto.

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Consider your bankroll and the advise given by Chris Fugerson....You may want to include low stakes limit hoold Em in your efforts. .You won't win as much but won't loose as much either. Good luck in your endevors.

tomines

tomines

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks a lot I really needed that.. but in low limit holdem.. there's more donks..
I already tried to play over there.. they chase to much.. I just lost a dollar in it :(