How to get rich on freerolls

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You won't get rich from the freerolls themselves. You just stack the money you win until you have a bankroll to buy into $.10-$3.00 tournaments and grind those until you have the bankroll to move up to the next stakes. Until you get from micro to low or mid stakes games you should continue to play freerolls to maintain your bankroll. It's hard taking down large fields on a regular basis plus the payouts are very top heavy so you need to place in the top 5 to get a considerable payout. If your plan is to get rich from freerolls you're in it for the long haul. You have to be discipline and patient. Study, study, study and then study some more. I hope you accomplish this feat it would make for a great story!!!

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you talking about winning a freeroll that gives access to another tournament with high prizes, or getting rich on freerolls directly? Because that doesn't exist :)
Even the freerolls to tournaments with big pools, you have to pass some phases.

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOL

Ya that's just not going to happen, obviously u use the freeroll winnings towards larger events. But some have done well on freerolls, a lot of patience.:p:icon_bigs

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am convinced that playing freerolls you can easily build your bankroll. Thanks to the money won in freerolls, you will be able to play in promising satellites and thus you will have a chance to win a decent amount of money.

FerC182

FerC182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
getting rich in freeroll is difficult, if it is live poker with a lot of effort and guaranteed high then yes long after you raise a big money, but it is very difficult, in online poker then it would take decades to get rich just playing freeroll.

S

Streetwylde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not going to happen. I'm in the US and it's hard to find sites to play on. BetOnline used to have the best FR then they stopped for some reason. Now best we have is like ACR and those are only 10 total FR's.

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But one can always get backed into higher stakes tournaments, and take a cut. That is a pretty lucrative freeroll, and a profession for some.

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are great to gain experience and build a small bankroll. If you want to win a lifechanging amount of money ou have to play highrollers, but when you get there you probably will not play because of the money anymore.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This easiest way to get rich playing freerolls- is to use them to build your roll to support you playing higher stakes. They can also act as "bonds" ie adding risk free income to your "portfolio" of buyin games. If you cant fill your screen/s with good buyin games but have room for freerolls go ahead and add them to the point right before your performance is impacted adversely.

Mortis71

Mortis71

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
one way comes to mind when I read this..... play as much freerolls as possible and be good in them, most importantly do not touch your winnings till you generated an amount. Play only freerolls no buyin games ever... I think this can be done.

M

Mater_AA_KK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
And the biggest problemof with freerolls is that a lot of people going all in with nothing and thats so anoying. Specially Russians.

W

whitesmoke420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been working my way up the VeNoM tournaments but can't seem to make it to the end just yet.

The freerolls that CardsChat puts on are among the best. There are a couple others here and there but Just stay strong and do your best. =)

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a way to practice and at the same time earn a little money

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll impossible to get rich. Although freerolls are different

SrWesleiNF

SrWesleiNF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not think it would be the focus, the free tournaments that I participate in, I try to practice and have samples, I think it's practically impossible to get rich

vra4a

vra4a

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whad do you mean, it's really to make a much money only on freerolls? How most large winning has you won?

The Biggest wins from freeroll is 700$ (10k freeroll)
In a network that no longer exists, but you think not every day there are such tournaments.
hard work every time to win a given freeroll

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe you can get rich when you play freerolls x) , only if you are the luckiest guy ever or if you win a freerolls with a 215$ tickets to win , keep going... You have to win twice to become rich... Good luck ... Isn't impossible but is kind of challenges... personally I all ready finish at different table finals of freerolls but I never win big prize..

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
theres was 200K frerrol lately on pokerstars I dont kno what was the 1 prize but probably a lot

bc2017

bc2017

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't get rich but you can build a starting bankroll.

Agree wholeheartedly with this - The Pokerstars League helped me win my first $15 which is now up to over $100 without having deposited.

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the idea of free rolls but then investing the winnings into a higher paying tournament. Practice with them and invest your winnings in something bigger.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can add your capital to play even bigger ... and can increase your playing ability ...

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you are not going to get rich on freerolls because the money is not yours, try it. Have zero balance, win a few dollars on freerolls and then try to transfer it, they will not allow it. I know for a fact. It is just money to play with until you deposit more of your own money.

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Grind them. Don't spend on anything. Learn poker materials. Make bankroll of 150-200$ and then you can start playing 1$ tournaments or 2NL cash games. Or you can play lower mtts/SNGs but the most important thing is more learning, alot material is free.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure about getting rich from a free roll but you definitely can build a bank roll up. Building a bank roll can lead to the opportunity to play for higher stakes which you can certainly run up. It’s been done before, obviously it’s not easy but hard work can pay off from free rolls exponentially. Free rolls are a great way to learn the game and try new strategies while learning and growing ones roll. Many online pros have gotten there start through humble beginnings. Patience is a key virtue to success in free rolls. There are many players shoving all in with any 2 cards trying to get lucky. Navigating thru all those land mines can be difficult, but it’s possible. Playing tight the first few levels and waiting for the bingo players to expose themselves and thin themselves out is a good strategy. Trap them with good hands. You will see many players over shoving. Give them some rope and let them hang themselves.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
you are not going to get rich on freerolls because the money is not yours, try it. Have zero balance, win a few dollars on freerolls and then try to transfer it, they will not allow it. I know for a fact. It is just money to play with until you deposit more of your own money.

This ^ is not entirely accurate!
On MOST sites you will need to make a deposit in order for you to be able to withdraw your poker balance. All that is required is to make the minimum deposit and then you will be able to withdraw whatever you want from your account.
I have won MANY thousands of dollars via freerolls online. (I am sure it is over $15,000 in total... easily... I actually won 5,000 euros in 1 freeroll).

I have played on over 40 different poker sites in the past 12yrs. Every single site I played on, I made a $$ deposit for all of the ones that required that of me in order to make a withdrawal. (some of the sites back then it wasn't even necessary). One needs to establish the method in which you will be withdrawing funds and the easiest way to do that is to deposit via the same method.

Freeroll Passwords