How to get rich on freerolls

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Participate in freerolls in leagues from the poker school, by the way, I took 91 place in elementary school this month and got $ 3 and took 41 place with the master and got $ 30.

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that it is impossible to get rich playing freerolls. It is necessary to win all games in which several thousand players participate. It can't be done by the best professional.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best win on cardchat two times second place )

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whad do you mean, it's really to make a much money only on freerolls? How most large winning has you won?

To earn a lot of money you can only work! =)
And playing on freerolls you can only win a little if you're lucky ...

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just do not remember ... 10 dollars won ..))
get rich will not work ... but you can fill the starting capital ..)
:aetsch:

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last Sunday i had a good day at the freerolls i won 6,50 $, it is a long way to the million.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember i read about a pokerplayer, starting from zero and starting playing freeroll, at the end of the year he had 25.000,- $ at the bank roll. But it is still a long way to the million.
And he moved up, as the money came in on the account.

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like freerolls. They are good for this point in my poker career. The point is to get better at poker right? I cant stand hypers and most turbos. What is important to me is the structure of the tourney. I like 8- 10min blinds. I dont like rebuys. A lot of freerolls fit my needs. If I get good at poker then I will make money. simple right?

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on freerolls do not raise good money. You can get a little, but you need to keep moving on. And there's already as lucky.

I play freerolls purely for the purpose of not investing money. A bit raised and immediately move on, if I do not catch a tilt, then I can take a little and withdraw money. Well, if I'm not lucky, I can start from the very beginning.

so do not consider only one freeroll to get money.

This is purely my opinion.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the pokerstars league was a good option, but it has already changed it and I think it's no good idea anymore

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely agree with the overall sentiment in the thread here. You CAN build a bankroll from scratch from freerolls, but it's VERY difficult to build up to a BIG bankroll from scratch.

It's difficult because usually freerolls have large fields and you have to outlast a lot of opponents in a poor structure. The prizes are often also so small even at the top that you need to win several just to have a few buyins for other types of events or cash games.

Most people would be better off depositing like $50-100 and using that as a working bankroll. It's always possible you could run it up, but you may also end up needing to deposit several times. Some of the greats of this poker generation grew up busting small rolls over and over early in their career before they got the hang of things and were able to grow their bankrolls and move up.

Personally I started out with freerolls and micro stakes, and I never would have gotten to where I am (playing mostly 1/2 and 2/5 cash games and $300-2k tournaments) without depositing and playing for real money, and occasionally taking big steps up.

If someone financially can't afford deposit $50 once in a while as a learning tool playing at low stakes, then it's probably better to focus on other parts of life before diving headfirst into poker anyway. It's a frustrating reality but it takes money to win money, and if you're stressed with $50 out of your pocket, then freerolls purely for FUN seems fine to me. But don't plan to get rich off of it.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with that you need to use money to win money.After playing freerolls for a while
I deposited 30 $ on Pokerstars and got a lot of tickets and bonuses.
It is like a jump start, and then you has an opportunity, to play a lot of different games.
It gives you a freedom to play the games you like, and not just the freerolls.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you find the right freerolls you can get a good bankroll from them.
Ofcourse it's impossible to get rich from freerolls, otherwise the pokersites wouldn't make enough money.

If you play the public freerolls, it will be very hard to get a good bankroll. But if you play more private freerolls like the cardchat freeroll etc, it is possible.

chatocham

chatocham

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can earn some bucks but will not get rich.Built your bankroll playing freerolls it's possible.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to get rich on freerolls
Whad do you mean, it's really to make a much money only on freerolls? How most large winning has you won?

JessiPinkman, well it depends on that what do you mean with words "get rich" and how many time you have for that. For some of American top manager in big bank "get rich" means having a milliard of dollars on his account and for the Indonesian fisherman already 10K are enough to feel "rich", as they earn something like $25-40 per week at good weeks you know.. No you can't win billions of dollars with playing freerolls, but 10K is possible, if you play long enough over many years or have some real good luck at some of big freerolls.

My personal biggest Freeroll win was around $150 or something, but at last summer i had a deep run at satellites on party poker for Live Event Party Millions at canada/Montreal. I've started to play from 1cent-Satellite and made my way to the final satellite with buy-in $550, where top 5 got $5300 package to that event, where the first place would win $1.500.000! Unfortunately i had unluck with coinflip and bubbled short before and didn't managed it to fly to Canada to play real big game. But as you can see, it's possible to get rich just from 1cent.

My wife already had won a $1 Ticket from a Freebuy on 888 and then 1st place at those Tournament brought her $690.

A friend of mine took 1st place in a Monthly Freeroll on PKR with a Prize Pool $5000 and snapped nice $1500.

Even Cardschat gives some great opportunities to win tickets for the big tournaments your BR can't afford to play. It's really a great opportunity, maybe not to get rich, but increase your BR dramatically.

Last edited:
H

Hey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you want to build startup capital - playing freerolls is the best way. I've got my own story. Unfortunately I was wrong in choosing the room:).
But for me the most valuable is to feel incomparable strong emotions in game process.
And I don't splash emotions on my mouse.:):)

Kongmuang

Kongmuang

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope someday I will be rich. lol

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't get rich off freerolls but you can build up some buy-ins for other tournaments and go from there. I've actually been trying that since April. I took may off and really picked up some money in June but July was horrible to me. It's possible but with a great degree of difficulty. You can get very many bluffs through and people are always willing to try and outdraw you. But if you play right and your cards hold you can get there.

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Impossible. Freeroll is just a lever ... from them you can go raising your bankroll and playing other tournaments or cash games that pay better. You can even get money for satellites and catch good tournaments for a much smaller buy in.

F

forest_leaves

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By selling video courses on how to get rich on free rolls lol :D

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can make 50$ a month on average, but that tells me, that I can spend this (free) won money as often as I have to, to raise it up in buy-in games.
Win a 30k package in a freeroll and you are just one step away from the million. So i'd say YES, WE CAN!!!

bighert2

bighert2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are a great filler for building your bankroll at the beginning level. They offer an opportunity to develop your game with an investment of your time. But you're very unlikely to get rich off them.

Haymore277

Haymore277

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls does not pay much. It is a good way to practice and play without spending money. But nobody gets rich on it. If you wanna get rich that fast, try lottery.
I finished 2nd of 4330 players on a freeroll. But it was only 100 dollars the total price. I won 13 dollars.
On the Freeroll here of the cardschat I finished 2nd twice. 15 dollars each time.

Wow that's nice.would love to have a head up with you.

kittykittykat

kittykittykat

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chris "Jesus" Ferguson did it. In 2006 before Black Friday, he set out to make a bankroll out of nothing. He played 10 hrs a week. It took him nine months to reach $100. In 18 months he had reached $10.000. He only allowed himself to use 5% of his bankroll for cash games or SnG's. He only allowed 2% for MMT's. When his winnings were 10% of his bankroll he would leave the table. Of course this is a man that won the wsop main event. He wanted to show it could be done.

well_cap1302

well_cap1302

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are usually to gain experience in poker, with luck to earn some money.

Freeroll Passwords