How to prevent losing your entire bankroll?

I

ikarusalpha12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll

I tread that you should have 50Big Blinds of your buy inn for good bankroll. :) :)

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont jump stakes if you are losing If you do this, you’re just increasing the variance and increasing your likelihood of busting out Again, you might win in a coinflip but you re just as likely to lose.

ahil5000

ahil5000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You need to play bankroll. 50 BI for the limit to NL25 and 100 BI for the limit in excess of NL 25, you need to set a goal if you lose more than 8 BI (800 BB) then you should stop and end the game for today and watch your hands, if you can’t do it yourself, there is such software, I do not remember what it is called, google if it is interesting! Your main goal is to set a goal, if poker is work, then the attitude should be like work, that is, you do what you need, and not just what you want (to play), if the game does not work - stop and give out hands, games! Maybe you are doing something wrong, watch streams, sort out distributions, well, and then look for a coach if this is not enough!

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank u 4 Posting

A bankroll of 100 buy-ins is recommended. For the very reason of the swings amateur players have.

So If you are playing 2NL $200 is needed.

If you build your bankroll to $225 and move up to 4NL $400 is needed you are $175 short.

Moving up and losing kills the bankroll. If we have a 10 buy-in down swing at 4NL that is $40 we are now short on our 2NL roll. That is a nothing swing. You can do that in a day online and never even make a mistake. Add in mistakes look out.
We need to take shots at higher levels but stay in the game we win in until we have the bankroll for the higher stakes.

Hope this helps

:):)

I agree!
Using my experience as a SNG player, I started playing with $ 0.25 45p and was playing and hitting these levels until I had enough bankroll to move up to $ 1 45p tournaments. In the $ 1 tournaments, I struggled to find many better players and lost part of my balance, so I went back to playing the $ 0.25.
Now, I am studying my game to recover my bankroll and move up to the $ 1 tournaments again.
This variation is part, but the most important is discipline and don't give up.

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotta just take it slow. If you've got only $25, just do cash games below 5¢/10¢ stakes with a $3 buy in or just do $1 SNGs until you build that bankroll. If you do manage to lose all that in that low level, at least you would have only lost a little bit. But that also be an indicator that you wouldn't do well at higher stakes.

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very simple. Not play.
tenor.gif

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, in order to maintain your banking, it is necessary to know what level you are in, to what limit you can play, to maintain good bank management so that you can :D increase

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotta just take it slow. If you've got only $25, just do cash games below 5¢/10¢ stakes with a $3 buy in or just do $1 SNGs until you build that bankroll. If you do manage to lose all that in that low level, at least you would have only lost a little bit. But that also be an indicator that you wouldn't do well at higher stakes.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

sweeper21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just bet on what you can afford to lose. Hopefully people have a real job so the money can come back quickly.

S

Sooted7s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just need to have bankroll management for those types of swings

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank u 4 Posting

A bankroll of 100 buy-ins is recommended. For the very reason of the swings amateur players have.

So If you are playing 2NL $200 is needed.

If you build your bankroll to $225 and move up to 4NL $400 is needed you are $175 short.

Moving up and losing kills the bankroll. If we have a 10 buy-in down swing at 4NL that is $40 we are now short on our 2NL roll. That is a nothing swing. You can do that in a day online and never even make a mistake. Add in mistakes look out.
We need to take shots at higher levels but stay in the game we win in until we have the bankroll for the higher stakes.

Hope this helps

:):)

This is a very good tactic. Unfortunately, I can’t always comply and I want to move up ahead of time, which usually results in losing my bankroll.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Limit to play

Hello. I like to determine that by having a bank of 30X the game I play. For example, if I am playing $1 SNGs, I will have a bank of at least $30.00.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only by analyzing your game using special programs.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How not to lose your banroll

Keep a job and dont bet all your money. Thank you.

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't play when you're tired and prone to make mistakes. Busted my entire bankroll twice this past month. Don't underestimate your opponents.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
And I think you have to control the anger of wanting to recover what you've already lost first.
You have to have the power control for when you win, sometimes when we win we want to win even more and we don't stop, so we have the habit of playing what we win to be able to win more and that's when it starts to suck.
Sometimes we lose everything, but everything else and get angry with ourselves.
I try to control as much as I can and keep a nice banck.

T

Trestivo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing with control and analyzing how much you are profiting from the buyin you are playing and if eventually that value is affecting your br too much without thinking that this is a demerit because it is not, it is being aware of the career you have chosen

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been trying the 100bb/buy in recently rule. So with around $55 as my bankroll I was just playing $0.50 sngs or satellites. If I have a bad run I don't go broke. If I drop to less than $50 then go for $0.25 games etc. Takes a lot of patience as there is a big temptation to play large buy in games, but if you can't win the low buyins, your probably not going to win the higher buyins???

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management