How often do you bluff?

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think bluffing is a very personal thing. I usually bluff whenever I see value in doing this, and this action depends on (N) factors that are happening on my desk.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No set time to bluff for me. The situation lets me know when to bluff.

C

chiefmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluff when you can have strong hands that they cannot have. ex: UTG raise 2.5BB and you call in the BB with 33. flop is 568. you both check the flop. the turn is another 6. When UTG raises preflop they should have very high cards and since they didnt bet the flop they are unlikely to have a pocket pair. you can now bet aggressively because in the BB you can have really any 2 cards while he cant.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why am I bluffing when you should not do this, it's hard to knock out the opponent nuts)))

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a saying: "Never bluff a monkey!" Meaning: Don´t bluff against bad players - most of them play in micros and are willing to call every bet with medium pair, bottom pair or even gutshots or flushdraws. And most of them do not marking other players.

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I should bluff more, I usually only bluff when someone has checked but if they push back I assume they have something and fold most times as it seems like a trap. I should play more aggressive

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It really depends on my table and the players. I will look for opportunities to bluff tight players. If I have players that love to call, I may show some bluffs against a tight player to encourage future calls from the others.

olegbereza

olegbereza

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So how often do you find yourself jumping in a big bet not because of what your holding but by whats been laid on the flop and you can make others think you may be holding?
For a bluff, you need to choose the right situation and if you plan to bluff, then you need to bring it to the finish. It is better to let your bluff reveal, than you do not finish your plans to the end. Bluff deliberately and correctly choose the situations and opponents against which you are bluffing. There is an unwritten poker rule - never bluff fish!

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff is part of playing poker style and that`s why I use it often. )))

tazzmaster62

tazzmaster62

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats the biggest prob in all poker sites

your either playing the bluff game cant believe the calls these guys make on crap cards
or the timer game you cant win

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I bluff, very rarely. Usually, my bluff has bad consequences for me. Honestly, the players against whom I bluff, usually do not believe in my bluff.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’d like that I stay close to Ed Miller’s recommendation of 2/3 of my continuation bets are bluffs on the flop, 1/2 are bluffs on the turn and 1/3 are bluffs on the river. Now I’m more the likely even close to that balanced but that’s what I strive for. Preflop bluffs really are based off table dynamics but I bluff very rarely because I play low stakes and I’m likely to get called by a extremely wide range.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think this depends on a few things like, effective stack depths, your tourney equity, and the villans.

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the first time i bluffed a bit too much. Now i reduced it and just bluff in good situations of the board.

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never bluff , call me if you want to be sure. ;) I will wait for your chips. ;)

B

berryryan2488

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff a decent amount but it's generally pretty calculated and not for no reason. I'll almost always c-bet if I'm against 1, maybe 2 opponents depending on preflop action. Semi-bluffs are way more common for me because I like to beef up the pot a bit when I'm on a decent draw. I almost always bluff in position but there are, of course, exceptions. To actually sit and think about how many times I would bluff during and hour session is a hard question to ask because it all depends on the table

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to go as far as possible without bluffing. Applying a bluff and not losing chips is difficult.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Far less often than I value bet... :)

When I've been on the same table for quite some time, have built up a tight table image and people are afraid to play against me then I tend to increase my aggression & bluffs.

If the table is playing fast and loose there is no room for it, as ever a general rule which is good to follow is to play the opposite style of the table... If the table is loose, you are tight. If the table is tight you are aggressive.

Bluffing is an important part of the game because you can't always 'get there' but it's extremely important to be mindful and aware of the dynamics.

It's prudent not to over-commit yourself when bluffing and if it's not getting through, be wary of trying to force it.

Bluffs are most effective in heads-up pots; the more opponents that are in the hand, the less inclined to bluff you should be.

That's my two cents for now.

Good luck and see you at the tables! :)

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's good to bluff when there are the corresponding conditions. For example there are 2 spades on flop and you have the ace of spades in your hand, when a 3rd spade come you could represent a flush in ace as you know that your enemies dont have the the ace of spades.

A

Acerrush

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff when I find it is the only right move I can make to stay in the game!

Mortis71

Mortis71

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only bluff the regs where I play (micro-stakes 888) even then they can still pick off some :)
so not that often,

John Turnner

John Turnner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will always cbet on the flop, which fits my range of raises. I will bet double flop until I get raised. And I will bet for the flop, which didnt fit the preflop aggressor range.

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I am tilting, I am bluffing more. When I am playing well, I do not need to bluff so much. I'm not good at bluffing so when I am tilting I am losing tons of chips. That's when I need to just stop.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I semi-bluff with draws or backdoors