rarely, I think depends on the villain.

K

kapobar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bluff when i can,read opponents and try to not risk to much .Sometimes is important to survive when cards dead.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff very often, but not always I get it, I believe that bluffing is the top skill of the game of poker

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to train bluff?

The bluff is an interesting move in poker, a lie maybe? I do not think bluffing is a lie but a way of knowing how to deal with chips and opponents to better survive. However knowing how to bluff is a difficult task and only with training comes victory.

redboy23

redboy23

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever I am the aggressor pre-flop, and I do not hit, I try to bluff if it is not a multi-way pot and the board is not draw heavy. Of course, that is if I am not holding the draw.

If there is a flush danger, three of the same suit, I take one stab at the pot against 1-2 opponents.

If a draw is on the board and it is checked to the river after my c-bet, I will also take a stab at the pot.

It is nice to find interesting spots to bluff.

Occasionally I will try a check raise, if I do not hit the flop and have a very strong draw to see if I can get a few free cards. :)

Take notes on your opponents, it helps. Remember, avoid bluffing calling stations.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With online poker, its hard to bluff as so many players will go all in on bad cards. Its fun when you get away with it though ;)

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i only bluff if i have to commit to three barrels

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like bluffing, I try not to bluff at all, and if I bluff then with low rates. I like the half-bluff, I use it very effectively, because if it falls, I will break the Bank, and if it does not fall, I can always reset, but never bluff! Bluffing is not justified. And in real life, it leads to negative consequences more than positive, bluffing you lose twice as much as you win the bet for which you are fighting. Thanks.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A bluff has a positive mathematical expectation only if the probability of the opponents to fold and your winnings in the hand is higher than the pot odds.

B

bonanzaJay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. My name is Jason 'O Rourke. I'm a poker playing fanatic from ireland.

My advice: - It's important to know your opponents card holding range before you even consider bluffing. If I have 3 to 4xbig blind invested preflop, I will always condider bluffing flop, turn or river or all 3 streets. If at any time in the pot, one of your opponents min raises or 3 bets your bluff, consider that the two cards they are holding have a very strong connection with the board. They may even have an overpair to the board. Be careful in these spots. Hope this helps.

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So how often do you find yourself jumping in a big bet not because of what your holding but by whats been laid on the flop and you can make others think you may be holding?
Everytime I got the chance.

I

Ikrom115

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
you do not win without bluffing.you must bluff 50% of hand becouse poker needs it

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only bluff when I have reads on the player, so rarely I do so. but when I do I succeed 2/3 lol

N

Needleburst3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually bluff when I know the player I am playing against is playing pretty tight, also if I have a table image of playing pretty safe I might double barrel on a bluff it really depends on who you are playing against so make notes.

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its hard to say, sometimes it works often and then i keep the pressure on. If i realise they figure it out, i change my range and play tighter. Some player you cant bluff, so you need to be carefull

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
I do not usually do bluff very often ... I think it's a good strategy but you should not abuse it. since your opponents could catch you and you could end up losing everything ... it should be used only in propitious situations ...! and knowing previously the game of the opponent to whom you intend to do it ...!

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Amost never, I play micro stakes.

neiroob

neiroob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very rare to bluff and only against one, even less often against two players when there are big chances that they will fold their cards.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very rarely. Bluffing on freerolls is not a good unless you have a read on your opponent that he can fold some good hands. But if you're playing mid-high stakes the bluffing is mandatory thing as well as bluff catching.

THEBLUEJAYY

THEBLUEJAYY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So how often do you find yourself jumping in a big bet not because of what your holding but by whats been laid on the flop and you can make others think you may be holding?

lets put it this way... when i do some... most players get hostile and sweasr at me... i love to build pots with any hand...

A

aramsow1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bluff/not much

I don't bluff often but when I do I make sure to show my cards after to use as a set up for my next bluff, well for when I have a great hand!

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

This is an important tool to have.

Are you opening or 3-betting or check raising - check shoving ?

If I saw you pull this nice maneuver - I would tag a note on you for this behaviour to see if you do this again and then I might call you lite the next time.

Good luck !

hachile1

hachile1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

the bluff is very powerful but you have to be careful when several players have followed and I think the bluff is effective when you do not exaggerate because your opponents will notice good luck